Creature — Human Rogue
Discard a card: Trespasser il-Vec gains shadow until end of turn. (It can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trespasser il-Vec Discussion
7 months ago
ektoe253 I've tried out Trespasser il-Vec in the deck before and got mixed results, as an unblockable 3/1 that triggers our Madness cards is good but it's on the higher end of our curve and has to sit a turn before it really gets going. Gurmag Angler is a recent addition to add some much needed beef to the deck. Bloodmad Vampire usually either wins the game on it's own or is killed immediately, and Gathan Raiders as a conditional 5/5 isn't always going to finish a game. Since the graveyard is going to be pretty large with the amount of Burn and small creatures Angler usually can be cast fairly easily for B and often ensures a win.
9 months ago
9 months ago
I like it. Cards I would recommend:
- Silhana Ledgewalker, hands down the best creature you can scavenge onto
- Smother, kills any creature in tiny leader format
- Lifeblood Hydra, for crazy draw power
- Essence Harvest, finisher
- Primordial Hydra, beater
- Inkmoth Nexus, finisher
- Hunted Horror, scavenge
- Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, scavenge onto him and beat face then scavenge him and get all your counters back
- Trespasser il-Vec, discard outlet that can be unblockable
Check out my build when you get a second.
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 877 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I also recently created a Varolz commander deck, there might be some stuff in there that would fit well in here too.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 4 | 5 COMMENTS | 332 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I appreciate any feedback.
10 months ago
Boza yeah, I used to run Putrid Imp in the list but found it was too low impact and couldn't rely on it to get more than 2-3 damage in per game. I feel like Green at least needs splashed so I have the ability to pump Basking Rootwalla later in the game. What do you think of Trespasser il-Vec as a replacement for Wild Mongrel?
1 year ago
The list I am am working on only has the Gitrog + Dakmor + Discard outlet way to mill yourself but
- The Gitrog Monster is your commander so finding it is a non-issue.
- Dakmor Salvage can be found with Sylvan Scrying, Realms Uncharted, Entomb, Expedition Map, Realm Seekers or any generic tutor. Also, if you have a discard outlet, you can discard any Dredge card, dredge it back next time you draw, and hope you flip at least one land when you do so you can keep going. It's not infinite, but hopefully you can eventually dredge you Dakmor Salvage and go truly infinite.
- You have, I believe,
- This deck can play 10 discard outlets, and I like the idea of playing all of them: Earsplitting Rats, Grotesque Hybrid, Murderer's Axe, Oblivion Crown, Oona's Prowler, Putrid Imp, Skirge Familiar, Trespasser il-Vec, Volrath's Dungeon and Wild Mongrel (ok, there is Tunneler Wurm, but that's too much even for me), and you cna use Regrowth and Eternal Witness to get them back if you dredge them, plus Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Increasing Ambition, Beseech the Queen, Liliana Vess, etc. etc. to pick one up.
Even with only one combo, there is enough redundancy here that I don't think you need more.
Also worth mentioning: comboing off with Skirge Familiar does not truly give you infinite mana if you don't want to play an Ulamog, the Infinite Gyro (but I dislike that plan since then you can only play three discard outlets to go infinite in some measure - Wild Mongrel, Volrath's Dungeon and the familiar itself). You get realistically 40-50, sometimes less if you start dredging 6 over and over to find Dakmor Salvage. That's low enough where relying on Exsanguinate for the kill might be unwise - somebody at the table is playing Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim and suddenly you can't kill them? It's an issue.
Maybe one could use a "Four Horsemen" approach i.e. we play the Ulamog, the Infinite Gyro and rely on the extra draws from Dakmor Salvage to eventually draw it and proceed to put the whole deck in the graveyard a few hundreds dredges in instead of a few dozens? That might be the way to go if we want to have the option to cast large Exsanguinates occasionally.
1 year ago
Survival of the Fittest would be in if I thought I could get one any time soon.
Skirge Familiar is definitely good with the dredge package, giving another route to infinite mana. However, I think 5cmc is a little high for a piece of the puzzle. That'd be dropping much later than I'd want him to, and if I'm looking to Reanimate him instead, I'm past the point of needing a Discard Enabler, and am probably already looking at Infinite Mana. Definitely good in the deck, but I'm choosing to leave him out for my build.
Patchwork Gnomes provide an easy-to-cast free Discard that also lets Necrotic Ooze protect himself from the 'yard. Trespasser il-Vec seems viable as a Discard Enabler but does nothing from the 'yard. Shadow is redundant, as Trample is only a away. Both come down one or two mana later than the current Discard Enablers. Both worth thinking about.