|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, : Put a charge counter on Titan Forge.
, Remove three charge counters from Titan Forge: Put a 9/9 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
Titan Forge Discussion
1 month ago
The first card that came to my mind was Mycoloth , but you've added your list since I first saw this post and I see you've already got it. Good stuff!
Triskelavus is a bit costly mana-wise, but could be a good inclusion. Not only does it enter with its own counters, it also allows you to remove +1/+1 counters on it to create tokens that a) have flying, b) are artifacts (so have the extra synergy you're hoping for), and c) have a built-in sacrifice ability, which could come in handy.
Have you considered Avenger of Zendikar ? It has potential to give a lot of bodies up front, and puts +1/+1 counters on each of them for every landfall after. Might be a little too much work since you're not trying to max out landfall, but perhaps it'd be of use.
This might not be the right place to put Nacatl War-Pride , as triple green may be too much for a three color deck, but it's a card I think has great potential for commander. Every time it attacks you have a possible swarm of tokens at your disposal (depending on your opponents, of course), and since they aren't exiled until end of turn, you've time to sacrifice them for profit. Reyhan won't help on death unless you get counters on them (which you very well may), but with Death's Presence every token sac'ed gives three (or more) counters to play with.
I have Hooded Hydra in one of my edh decks (either Ghave, Guru of Spores or Thromok the Insatiable , but I forget which at the moment), and both decks play on similar themes to yours. The hydra gives tokens on death equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it, which I think makes it ideal as a payoff card because it can leave you with board presence should it be killed. With that said, Hangarback Walker fills a similar role, requires no colored mana to use, and gives flying artifacts, so adding the hydra probably isn't necessary unless you want the redundancy.
Noosegraf Mob enters with +1/+1 counters and spits out a token when any player casts a spell, at the cost of one counter per instance. With your ability to put counters on it, perhaps it would be a good reusable source of token fodder.
Blade of Selves would be an interesting inclusion, allowing for multiple Winding Constrictor s in a turn, for example. Any sacrificing shenanigans would have to happen before end of combat, when the tokens are exiled, but the tokens themselves can be sacrificed for profit. The downside here is that you couldn't copy legendary creatures (such as Reyhan). Helm of the Host gets around the legendary restriction, and the tokens get to stick around, but at a much higher mana cost and slower rate of production.
A handful of artifacts that might be useful, especially with the proliferate you have, are Trigon of Infestation , Golem Foundry , and Titan Forge . Of these, I think the forge would be your best bet. Foundry requires casting artifacts to get your initial charge counter, and I don't think you've enough in your deck to count on that. Trigon enters with three counters initially, and can add more, but requires colored mana to activate for more counters, has a mana cost to produce the tokens, and the tokens aren't artifacts. Forge doesn't start with any counters, but only needs generic mana to add a charge and spits out 9/9(!)s, which can benefit from Steel Overseer .
My last suggestion doesn't create tokens, but is a card I've found useful for abusing +1/+1 counter multipliers ( Doubling Season specifically, in my case, but it would work with those in your deck just as well). Power Conduit allows you to remove a counter from a creature to put two (or three or so on) back, or onto another creature. I've also used it to "save" a +1/+1 counter from a creature that's been destroyed when no other creatures are on my field, storing it as a charge counter on the conduit itself until I have another creature to buff. It's limited to a single use per turn cycle, though, unless you can somehow untap it.
Sorry I've taken so long to post this. I read the question and started on my reply the day it was first posted, but have had to squeeze it in bit by bit on my limited chunks of free time. It doesn't help me much that I'm doing this all on a phone; both the research and reply would probably have been done a lot faster were I using an actual keyboard, lol. Not sure if any of this will help you, but they were things I might consider were I trying to build this sort of deck.
8 months ago
From my own experience, a couple cards I found are decent:
Enlightened Maniac gives you two bodies, one of which is a 3/2 token, which is about on par with the other tokens your deck currently makes, and gives you a body you can throw in front of attackers since you don't have to care if the maniac dies.
Sublime Archangel is a real powerhouse and can turn one attacker into a larger presence guaranteed to get through for damage.
Silverblade Paladin gives you the opportunity to get extra damage on whatever token you target with Temmet's ability.
9 months ago
1 year ago
You could also try Titan Forge? Was and old dumb card i use to play in standard same with Conversion Chamber and Surge Node not sure if you would be interested? Also yeah sorry did not notice/understand what 2DH meant or read the description lol. But for the Plague Myr I always find 2 mana ramp in a colour that has a tough time ramping is always a welcome inclusion, but thats just my thoughts. Maybe even add Fellwar Stone, Fire Diamond, Shrine of Burning Rage (trust me its a threat) and Treasonous Ogre if you wanna try different ramp. BTW that Chaos Moon is a sick card ive never even heard of!
1 year ago
I see you have Lux Cannon in the maybe-board. If that direction interests you as an alternate plan, there's a few related cards that make a fun combo plan.
- You run Contagion Engine, Inexorable Tide and Winding Constrictor as proliferators (you already have 2/3 in main.
- Astral Cornucopia + Filigree Sages makes infinite mana with cornucopia on 4
- Lux Cannon can then destroy all permanents. Magistrate's Scepter can also frequently go infinite without the sage/cornucopia combo (although it takes 2 turns to set up without at least sages to untap it).
Titan Forge is another potentially fun card in that general plan.
One of the things I like about that plan is that all of the pieces are pretty good even if you only have 1 or 2 of them. If you happen to be able to get enough pieces (with say something like Liliana Vess or Ring of Three Wishes, you just win on the spot.
1 year ago
A big ol' +1 for the wonderful theme deck! Always been a fan of Moonfolk.
To the issues you describe in the comments, I have the following suggestions:
- To better search up those essential artifacts, Trophy Mage will help her Trinket and Treasure brothers. She will get you your precious, precious Heartstone and another helpful card I'll suggest later. Tutoring for creatures will be a pain in blue no matter what, so rely on card draw as much as you can. I'd move away from big, single-use draw spells like Blue Sun's Zenith and instead focus on ability-based effects. You've got a fair number of Moonfolk Wizards; maybe Azami, Lady of Scrolls can be of service.
- When you're rockin' a deck as powerful as Moonfolk tribal, people start to get jelly. And when people be jelly, they blow up your stuff. But there's a Vedalken that can help protect your colorless stuff: Padeem, Consul of Innovation. For your creatures...I can't believe I'm about to suggest this... try Tortoise Formation. And when you're done laughing at my poor judgement, the best thing blue can do to prevent destruction is counter, so invest even more in that.
- Finally (and I'm so sorry this has turned into a long comment), I'd like to suggest making some changes to specific cards. Lay Bare isn't doing you any favors. Run literally anything else...okay not Fold into AEther, but other better counterspells. Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, Titan Forge and Lux Cannon just seem to be reasons for others to attack you. As they don't help the overall theme of the deck, I'd look to more relevant artifacts like Rings of Brighthearth, Eternity Vessel, Metallic Mimic, Brass Herald, or Door of Destinies.
No data for this card yet.