|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs Cunning (DDN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
Morph 5UU (You can cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
When Thousand Winds is turned face up, return all other tapped creatures to their owners' hands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (41)||LoneCrusader399 , ironax , sonnet666 , the.beanpole , bakeraj4 , ecurps , Wolfebladeelite , gildan_bladeborn , Psycheretic , rakdos24 , pskinn01 , mazrimtaim , golgarigirl , sneferie , Dr.Jackel , Tiddilywinkus , Splashy , maR2307 , Lindough , carsickpanda273 , Tstainbrook , Wolfninja , acbooster , Antiat , TrackerD , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , ThisIsBullshit , Regulus1010 , twistedmage , Famicomania , joshw335 , mziter501 , The_Munchkin , thetechzombie , Unlife , darthnuchi , Halphinian , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , RPG_FOX , PhotogenicParasympathetic|
Thousand Winds Discussion
4 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
6 months ago
Chandra's Phoenix can be removed. Thousand Winds can be replaced by Cyclonic Rift. Disciple of the Ring can be removed. Ember Swallower should certainly be removed.Kheru Spellsnatcher can be replaced by Counterspell. Opaline Unicorn can be removed. Tyrant of Discord isn't necessary to be played in the deck. Battlefield Thaumaturge isn't that great in the deck. Bloodfire would be better in a more creature based deck.Aggressive Mining should be removed. Conjured Currency can be removed.
6 months ago
Thousand Winds may be good for sideboard, or even mainboard. Just throwing it in the air.
8 months ago
Have you seen the version of mom-white blink that includeds Akroma, Angel of Fury? Sagu Mauler is a super budget alternative. Thousand Winds would also be a great blink target. Ashcloud Phoenix would be cool. I really enjoy this type of deck so I love the idea of a budget version I could put together in paper. I feel like Suture Priest wouldn't do enough work, and with all those expensive creatures you might be better off ramping in the early turns. Mastery of the Unseen for late game draw power?
1 year ago
AlexoBn Red, Black, White board wipes typically affect all sides of the board, save for the 9+ mana sweepers in black. Not only that, most of them are sorcery speed, and do not have the flexibility that Cyclonic Rift has. I have no problem with Devastation Tide, or Crush of Tentacles because they seem perfectly balanced.
buildingadeck Blue has mass removal. You just gave an example. Blue has tonnes. Devastation Tide, Crush of Tentacles, AEtherspouts, AEtherize, Evacuation Inundate Wash Out Whelming Wave Thousand Winds. The only difference is that they affect both sides of the board, and most of the unconditional ones are sorcery speed. I have no problem whatsoever with these cards because they seem perfectly fair.
1 year ago
I see you have a lot of cards that tap. Thousand Winds is certainly a tank of a card.
Here's a vicious combo that will piss off everybody you play against.
1 year ago
What about creatures? I understand how talrand works, but you could run Thousand Winds or such.
1 year ago
Cool deck! Maybe some of these will help ya out: Thought Vessel, Library of Leng, Palace Familiar, Master of Predicaments, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Thousand Winds, Reya Dawnbringer, and Magus of the Moat. All but the last are dirt cheap flyers with some nice/fun abilities or better alternatives to Spellbook. You need a Sol Ring(it's run in every EDH deck ever made. I would do some card searches of angels/sphinxes as way more abound that would add some spice to the deck! Cyclonic Rift, Wrath of God, Martial Coup, Phyrexian Rebirth etc are recommended in edh decks to control board states that get outa hand. I have more I could say but that is enough for one comment imo. Hope some of these help ya out and you enjoy the format! Nice to see other commanders getting used.