|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
If a source would deal damage to another Dinosaur you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Temple Altisaur Discussion
1 day ago
I am thinking about changing Snubhorn Sentry for something else since I seem to hard a hard time acquiring city's blessing. Maybe Star of Extinction would be good to combo with Temple Altisaur. I probably need more Altisaurs for that though.
3 weeks ago
You wrote it wrong.
I know have no idea what point you were trying to make.
3 weeks ago
Supersaulty having 4 3/3 dinos and a 5 cmc altisaur seems pretty unlikely. Also keep in mind that if your opponent has ghalta on the battlefield, they almost certainly have 1 or 2 other big guys out there as well. I think the problem with Temple Altisaur is that it is almost too little too late. It can't protect itself and does nothing in the face of "destroy" or "exile" effects. For the 5-drop, I personally would rather have Raging Swordtooth, Regisaur Alpha, Trapjaw Tyrant, hell, even Charging Monstrosaur and Snapping Sailback in the right deck seem better than the altisaur in my opinion.
3 weeks ago
Just like the subject asks. Do you think the Temple Altisaur is OP?
3 weeks ago
(Sorry for writing an essay, I'm studiously avoiding writing a paper for school)
You do indeed have a lot of creatures, but you also have a lot of good cards. Try to think about what your deck wants to do. To me, it looks like it wants to 1) play a lot of dinos, 2) trigger a lot of enrages, 3) attack with a bunch of dudes for lots of damage, so here's some suggestions based on that.
- Forerunner of the Empire helps with (1) and (2)
- Atzocan Seer helps with (1) via mana ramp and the replaying of dinos
- Priest of the Wakening Sun helps with (1)
- Staff of Nin helps with (2)
- Things like Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves can protect your big dudes and get them attacking faster (3)
- Kessig Wolf Run or Overwhelming Stampede achieve (3) and can serve as win conditions
- Sol Ring and Command Tower are staples in essentially all EDH decks. You could also get a Jungle Shrine
- Wild Ricochet can serve as a counterspell against your opponents and often can help with (2)
- Temple Altisaur is good for (2) and (3)
- Because of your colors, consider Boros Charm and Naya Charm
Cards I'd recommend you take out:
- Tocatli Honor Guard negates ETB effects. That hurts Regisaur Alpha, Kinjalli's Sunwing, and Burning Sun's Avatar Flip among others
- Consider replacing Star of Extinction with a cheaper mana cost board wipe like Rout
- I'm conflicted about Form of the Dinosaur. Regardless, I do think it requires careful building around so that might be a target for replacement if you don't want to focus on it
My overall suggestions would be to keep aware of your mana curve and your color distribution. Take a look at your creatures and take out the ones that seem too mana-expensive for what they achieve. Keep track of what problems you encounter when you play. Do you struggle with mana, do you need more draw power, are you unable to deal with a particular matchup repeatedly? Then use that to make adjustments based on what you feel is working and what you enjoying playing.
3 weeks ago
I know your starting out so here are some cheap recommendations to improve. You might be able to get these cards for free by going to a store that gives away free commons/uncommons.
Drover of the Mighty, Kinjalli's Caller, Otepec Huntmaster, Savage Stomp, Ranging Raptors, Steadfast Armasaur, Ravenous Daggertooth, Raging Regisaur, Raging Swordtooth, Territorial Hammerskull, and Thrashing Brontodon.
then work on the instant, sorceries, and enchantments. Maybe add more "fight" type effects to take advantage of enrage triggers like Setessan Tactics, ]Savage Punch, Ambuscade etc etc.
I would remove Consulate Skygate, Fanatical Firebrand, Gleaming Barrier, Goblin Trailblazer, Lobber Crew, Orazca Raptor, and Sun Sentinel to start
4 weeks ago
Maybe 2 Temple Altisaur in place of 2 Otepec Huntmaster. I like the idea. there are still a number of potential combos, like an early Wayward Swordtooth followed by Savage Stomp (even before you get the city's blessing)
Have you considered the infinite dinosaur combos? I considered Ghalta in Countersaur, but just could not seem to find space.
1 month ago
Hey! It's not letting me comment on your deck, so after waiting like 12+ hours for the comments to stop being broken, I thought I'd try to like send it this way instead:
You've already got a Forerunner of the Empire in the list, but he can go infinite with Polyraptor too if you have a way to keep him from killing himself after doing it three times, like if you make him indestructible somehow. Darksteel Plate and Heroic Intervention could do it. Boros Charm too. Alternatively, if you have a Bellowing Aegisaur on the field already, those +1/+1 counters would also keep the Forerunner from dying during his combo with Polyraptor.
As for removal, damage-based boardwipes like Blasphemous Act go well with Temple Altisaur. While all the other creatures on the board take 13 damage, your creatures would just take the one damage and get all their Enrage triggered. There may be more boardwipes this could work with, I just went with Blasphemous Act for the deck I'm building because I already own one.