|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target tapped creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Take Vengeance Discussion
2 days ago
I recommend Take out Plummet replace with Swords to Plowshares Take out Take Vengeance replace with March of the Multitudes take out Rosemane Centaur replace with Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip take out Kessig Cagebreakers replace with Path of Discovery
1 week ago
Have you considered Boros Signet, Worn Powerstone and Gilded Lotus? Heartless Hidetsugu is game over if Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is out. Furnace of Rath, Dictate of the Twin Gods and True Conviction are great for beatdown. Boros Charm is really versatile in this deck. You can swap Take Vengeance for Swords to Plowshares. Sunforger is the greatest card in Boros and can grab any instant at 4 CMC or less. // It's good to run Command Tower, Battlefield Forge, Temple of Triumph, Needle Spires, Ancient Amphitheater, Boros Guildgate are good for mana fixing. Slayers' Stronghold, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion and Rogue's Passage are good for combat tricks; Mistveil Plains brings recursion; Spinerock Knoll is great at cheating costs; Secluded Steppe and Forgotten Cave for card selection. // Revitalize, Lightning Helix, Demystify, Fountain of Renewal are subpar in this deck.
1 month ago
Your deck is awesome !! i love it. If you still loking for cards the Core2019 also have the removal Take Vengeance
1 month ago
Angelic Edict, Battle Screech, Cenn's Enlistment, Excommunicate, Iona's Judgment, Sheer Drop, Excoriate, Take Vengeance, Angelic Renewal, Floating Shield, Seal of Cleansing just to name some cards id want to see here
2 months ago
2 months ago
As nice as some cards are, I would recommend to stick around the 60 card minimum. With each card that you add, it decreases the odds that you'll draw it.
It might be nice to focus on a single win condition that can frequently happen, instead of splitting priorities and being mediocre at multiple objectives.
For personal suggestions, I would take out...
- Air Elemental: You already have better fliers for one mana more.
- Aven Wind Mage: There's not enough instants/sorceries to justify running this.
- One with the Machine: It's not a consistent draw card. Also sorcery speed holds it back a lot compared to cards like Chemister's Insight.
- Meteor Golem: Super expensive. You probably don't want to rely on it too heavily.
- Take Vengeance: Adding an extra color complicates its use. You have only Islands so don't try to rely on Manaliths that are less 3% of your deck.
- Manalith: Speaking of which, you probably don't need this. If you're encountering mana drought, you can add an extra land or two.
- Field Creeper: You have better cards already.
- Tolarian Scholar: You have better cards already.
- Scholar of Stars: Doesn't consistently perform its ability. You would need a lot more artifacts in my opinion.
- Snapping Drake: Just one of them.
2 months ago
Seems a nice deck, but I would like to make some sugestions.
First of all I'd change the format (divide cards for type: land, creatures, ecc, instead of white and non-white)
Then, why not things like Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, Martyr of Sands, Serra Ascendant, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Oblivion Ring, Ranger of Eos, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Worship, Flickerwisp, Aven Mindcensor, Squadron Hawk
Last thing, you definitely need a sideboard. Some suggestions could be: Stony Silence, Leyline of Sanctity, Rest in Peace, Kataki, War's Wage, Kor Firewalker, Brave the Elements, Disenchant, Proclamation of Rebirth
2 months ago
I am said friend that requested that this be posted. So my personal commentary for this deck:
1) Remove Revitalize - At one point I was also quite fond of cards that gain life, but they don't really help you win so much as they help you not lose. Even if this one draws a card too, it also is a card you need to spend so all it does is replace itself.
2) Remove Oakenform, Knight's Pledge - I tend to avoid Auras that buff creatures quite a lot unless there's certain circumstances. It's entirely too easy for your creature to die and for you to lose an extra card this way. The buff is tempting but it's too big of a draw back in my eyes. Squire's Devotion is a special case since it comes in with an extra creature.
4) Move Plummet to your Sideboard - You already have a not insignificant amount of anti-air options. If the deck is strictly flying creatures, that's when you move in Plummet. From your maybeboard, Naturalize or a different version Forsake the Worldly should also be sideboard material.
5) Inspired Charge - I'm not particularly fond of this card; you seem more interested in going tall than wide in this deck. But try it for now and see how well it works. It makes sense with your Mammoth, so I wouldn't outright cut it yet.
7) Rabid Bite, Take Vengeance, Gideon's Reproach, Divine Verdict - these cards are going to be your removal suite. They should all be main deck for right now, until you can find better options. Rabid Bite will always be prime for you, though.
This is not a bad start for a deck that is a modified Welcome Deck. You'll definitely want some consistency so you'll want more of your best cards and less of your not quite as good cards. As always, practice makes perfect for deck building.