|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have first strike.
Spitting Sliver Discussion
1 year ago
Hmm...so this is a pet peeve of mine so take it worth a grain of salt but -always make your deck description as detailed as possible. As I'm looking at your deck and what you wrote here my only guess is that your game plan is to swing wide, and swing often. However, your deck doesn't seem to exactly have alot of focus to that end. You include some slivers with parasitic mechanics and/or (in my opinion) don't function well when there is only a "one of":
These Slivers are bad inclusions in an EDH deck because their abilities don't have much direct interaction with the other creatures in your deck. Additionally, when there is only one copy of them out on the battlefield their presence doesn't really make much of an impact - case in point Frenzy Sliver. With only one in play, your Slivers will only deal +1/+0 if they get through. That's it. If you had 4, that changes dramatically to +4/+0 - forcing the opponent to always block if possible. Can you honestly say that there is a situation where you would want to tutor for one of the previously mentioned creatures? Again, this is all my own opinion - but I would cut these Slivers for additional spells or permanents that could support you, but more on that later.
The inclusion of non-slivers is a bad choice given your commander. Overlord is designed to enable you to tutor for whatever answer you need. If that answer isn't a Sliver and is a creature - then what's the point of having Overlord as your commander? Speaking of lack of inclusions - why not have Amoeboid Changeling? It's a Sliver, and it interacts directly with Overlord's 2nd ability enabling you to steal enemy commanders. That's more of a control oriented play, but is a Overlord staple.
I'm starting to think that maybe you should swap out commanders for ether Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion. Your deck, as it is currently built seems to support a more aggro playstyle - which is completely viable within Slivers. Including the previously mentioned, I would cut the following cards:
- Reflex Sliver - This is an exceptionally horrible card. Never use this. Ever.
- Spitting Sliver - This is also an awful card.
- Hunter Sliver - This card is only relevant if you have both Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
- Belligerent Sliver - Menace is okay, but the more CMC efficient version is Two-Headed Sliver. Again in my opinion, this is only relevant with Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
Now, what cards do I think you could use?:
- Aphetto Dredging - Another possible (and budget!) option for recursion.
- Shared Animosity - Feels like more of a "win more" card, but it's a one sided aggro Coat of Arms. Worth trying in my book
- Door of Destinies - In tribal, an absolute beast of a card. Definitely worth trying out.
- Herald's Horn - a cheaper Urza's Incubator that lets you Scry. A great include, but if you also have a Urza's Incubator, then why not both?
- Synapse Sliver - if you're going to be attacking alot, why not try and get some cards out of it?
- Blur Sliver - infinitely better than Reflex Sliver. Why would you not choose this over that?
- Magma Sliver - A Sliver that compliments a more aggressive play style. Great for getting past pesky Propagandas and Ghostly Prisons.
- Armageddon - this is only of use to you when you have a "Soft Lock" on the board in the form of Gemhide Sliver and say - Sliver Hivelord + Crystalline Sliver. Losing lands would be a minor setback for you - a major one for your opponents.
- Diabolic Tutor - it's a budget Demonic Tutor. What else can I say?
- Enlightened Tutor - a bit on the pricey side, but having more tutor options is never wrong.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon for a deck that likes to swing wide. Worth including if you can afford it.
- Horned Sliver - Trample. For a deck that wants to swing wide, sometimes you just need trample.
Sorry to write you a whole book lol, but those were my thoughts. Please let me know what you think and when your tournament is. I look forward to your response! Also, here's a +1 for you!
1 year ago
Realized that there were only eight non-creature spells in the deck. Cut 17 slivers and added 2 filling the deck with more support spells and a handfull of removal.
Plated Sliver, Sidewinder Sliver, Quilled Sliver, Shadow Sliver, Synchronous Sliver, Spectral Sliver, Mindwhip Sliver, Spitting Sliver, Heart Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Magma Sliver, Battering Sliver, Spinneret Sliver, Fungus Sliver, Spined Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Dormant Sliver
Expedition Map, Sol Ring, Training Grounds, Vandalblast, Chromatic Lantern, Urza's Incubator, Sphinx's Revelation, Door of Destinies, Tempt with Discovery, Supreme Verdict, Decimate, Unburial Rites, All Suns' Dawn, Obzedat's Aid, Tsabo's Decree, Austere Command, Akroma's Vengeance, Akroma's Memorial,
2 years ago
There are several Sliver I think your amiss in dismissing:
Bonescythe Sliver, for cheap double strike.
Brood Sliver, for massive Sliver production.
Harmonic Sliver, for artifact/enchantment removal.
Heart Sliver, for cheap haste.
Magma Sliver, for massive gains.
Manaweft Sliver, as a backup Gemhide Sliver.
Necrotic Sliver, to turn every Sliver into a Vindicate.
Shifting Sliver, to make your team unblockable.
Sinew Sliver, as another Muscle Sliver.
Virulent Sliver, to only have to deal ten, not 40.
Winged Sliver, for more flying.
Other Slivers you might consider: Basal Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Darkheart Sliver, Essence Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Horned Sliver, Spined Sliver, Spitting Sliver, Lymph Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Opaline Sliver, Psionic Sliver, Pulmonic Sliver, Screeching Sliver, Sedge Sliver, Sliver Legion, Sliver Queen, Sliver Overlord, Synapse Sliver, Synchronous Sliver, and Syphon Sliver.
Cavern of Souls, obviously.
Descendants' Path, if you want to go heavy tribal.
Metallic Mimic, for extra buffs at low cost.
Obelisk of Urd, for more huge buffs.
Stoneforge Masterwork, for massive tribal buff.
3 years ago
This decklist is insane. Honestly, I doubt you actually have the P9. Pics or it didn't happen! I kid. But the breakdown for each legendary sliver is as follows: For Aggro: Sliver Hivelord + Sliver Legion, for control: Sliver Overlord, for Combo: Sliver Queen. From what I can see, you haven't quite optimized your broodlings. There are slivers that do the same thing, but cost way less. Here are some swap suggestions:
No data for this card yet.