6,T : Two target players exchange life totals.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Soul Conduit Discussion
11 hours ago
I've actually found it's amazing in U Tron along with Conduit of Ruin
They both shore up some of U Tron's weaknesses at the midrange, and do what it wants to be doing anyway which is either controlling your opponent or tutoring for your pieces. The fact that both fulfill these roles while also giving you a sizable body on the field is excellent in U Tron.
My list here: MEGA-TRON
1 week ago
Hero's Blade kills your creatures if you equip while Horobi is out, and can only use it's free equip on three creatures.
Jabari's Banner, Squee's Toy, Tower of Coireall, Sacred Armory. These all require your commander to be useful, and are awful otherwise. Tooth and Scale of Chiss-Goria are similar, but the flash ability makes them more useful to you.
Phyrexian Totem is either a bad mana rock, or a really bad attacker, or a really really really bad defender.
Soul Conduit is a bit expensive, and it's effect isn't great.
Veilstone Amulet is going to require some instants to be worth it, since you'd want to cast something in response to someone else trying to target your creatures.
War Horn is not good enough.
Death Pit Offering. Bad. Out. Cut. Leave. Go.
Quest for the Gravelord. Slow, not worth the effort.
Ragged Veins will kill the targeted creature before resolving if Horobi is out.
Unspeakable Symbol is bad. I get that it combos with Retribution of the Ancients, but retribution is a repeatable one mana kill with Horobi, and doesn't need you to have any counters on any creature to be active.
1 week ago
In case you didn't know, Horobi's ability will activate on your creatures. This includes equipment (Hero's Blade is the exception). So if you want you can remove your equipment since they don't work well with your commander. Let's talk about other possible cuts.
Master of the Feast. You said you usually play multiplayer? You are giving 4-6 cards to your opponents every time your turn comes around. His ability gets worse the more players there are.
Jabari's Banner, Crenellated Wall, and Squee's Toy are not very good. With your commander they are good, but you have enough cards in your deck that work with your commander. These are pretty much worthless without him so you should remove them.
Phyrexian Totem is just asking to get you killed. Unless you just use it for mana. Dark Prophecy can also get you killed easily, especially with the commander you're running. Death Pit Offering is just not worth it, and gets you killed in the process.
1 week ago
To summarize my most recent changes I am testing out:
- Worn Powerstone -> Palladium Myr: Having my mana rocks also be creatures turns out to actually make a difference in how the deck plays. This is a followup to similar changes already implemented.
- Molten Psyche -> Chaos Warp: I hadn't been using Chaos Warp because I didn't feel I needed it. However, with Chandra, Flamecaller in the deck, I felt I didn't need Molten Psyche anymore. Chaos Warping My own field is actually kind of fun.
- Treasonous Ogre -> Soulbright Flamekin: I am trying this out because copying Soulbright Flamekin nets me 2 more red mana to use when comboing out, gives trample, and is a 2-drop. I didn't mind paying life for mana, but it hasn't really been all that useful or fun after I took out Soul Conduit.
- Dragonmaster Outcast -> Embodiment of Fury: Alright, turns my lands into creatures, gives my lands trample, gives me more Zada targets (without needing 6 lands out), interacts well with Twinflame and Heat Shimmer, and has awesome art.
- Glaring Spotlight -> Sundial of the Infinite: The idea here is to end the turn after the beginning of the end step, but before the tokens from Chandra, Flamecaller, Feldon of the Third Path, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer, or Splinter Twin actually leave play.
- Myr Battlesphere -> Thopter Assembly: GobboE's suggestion has been working out nicely, and even if it isn't an ETB, the tokens are better at actually helping me win. It interacts reasonably well with Descent of the Dragons.
1 month ago
I have a deck that contains Phyrexian Unlife and was considering adding Soul Conduit as a win condition. How would this work? Can I still exchange the life totals? And does it instantly kill the opponent if I do, or do they need to lose more life?
1 month ago
Soul Conduit for tapping yourself to one life then giving that to your opponent.
1 month ago
Ender666666: I have actually considered Volcanic Vision, but with the spells I am using it isn't a great fit. Mizzium Mortars was added instead, and Firestorm might go in at some point. Spell recursion isn't a priority, and the ones I am currently using are attached to creatures (which means easily repeatable).
I might consider Burn Away, but graveyard decks haven't really been a problem and it doesn't trigger if I kill a commander and it gets sent back to the command zone or sacrificed in response. The 5 mana is usually better spent on building up a field.
I actually played quite a few matches today, multiplayer matches for the first time in a long time. The speed and consistency were good. Descent of the Dragons and Utvara Hellkite were amazingly fun and effective. I like Soul Conduit especially because one of the decks was a life gain deck, but I think it fits much better as a part of the chaos variant list in terms of the feel I am going for with that deck (and I want to test out Rapacious One when I get one). Sword of the Paruns is really versatile here, but it serves the primary purpose of buffing the toughness of creatures I control (and secondary purpose of win-more because krenko abuses it so easily...This isn't a krenko deck, so I am trying to avoid that sort off thing), and I am looking for something outside the box which might possibly replace it. So far, I haven't found any new themes that have caught my eye, but I hope to see something interesting in the next few sets and keep my maybeboard stocked with things I want to try (or might go back to).
1 month ago
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all