|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shining Aerosaur Discussion
1 month ago
3 months ago
This is my first time building an EDH deck and I was curious what could be improved.
I want to add in a boardwipe like Wrath of God or Planar Cleansing and switch something out for Wakening Sun's Avatar and then I don't have Command Tower or Reliquary Tower in and don't know if they're "required".
Arthfael208 on Dinos
5 months ago
Last comment did not work so I reposted it in a different format.
These are my recommendations:
- Tilonalli's Knight - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Shining Aerosaur - plain dino
- Raptor Companion - plain dino
- Titanic Ultimatum - you do not need overrun effects in your dinos deck as they are strong enough on thier own.
- Deathmist Raptor - does not really do anything in your deck but is a 3/3 deathtouch
- Frenzied Raptor - plain dino
- Imperial Lancer - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Pterodon Knight - same as above.
- New Horizons - better ramp available
- Dinosaur Stampede - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Huatli's Spurring - same as above.
- Rallying Roar - same as above.
- Slash of Talons - not really good you could go Path to Exile instead as a better removal at the same cmc.
- Coat of Arms - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Ramp cards like Skyshroud Claim or Cultivate.
- Creature ramp specifically Birds of Paradise, the elves, and Priest of Titania.
- ways to cheat in dinos Quicksilver Amulet and Elvish Piper.
- more dinos with effects you do not want plain dinos that are just a 4/3 beater you want it to do something.
- more haste enablers like Swiftfoot Boots or Urabrask the Hidden
- more removal or ways to interact with the board like Path to Exile, Nature's Claim, Wear, Austere Command, and Pyroblast
5 months ago
I would take these out
8 months ago
Remove: Ancient Brontodon, Cobbled Wings, Emergent Growth, Frenzied Raptor, Ixalli's Keeper, Looming Altisaur, Magmasaur, Pterodon Knight, Raptor Companion, Shining Aerosaur, Slash of Talons, Thrash of Raptors, Bonded Horncrest
Add: Deathgorge Scavenger, Fungusaur, regisaur alpha , Ripjaw raptor , Snapping Sailback, Steadfast Armasaur, Thundering Spineback, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Huatli, Warrior Poet, Vanquisher's Banner, Growing Rites of Itlimoc , and one land to compensate for the price of some of your stuff.
8 months ago
Firstly you're at 99 cards, so you're one short, it counts your commander.Wouldn't run: Bonded Horncrest, Colossal Dreadmaw, Grazing Whiptail, Shining Aerosaur, Tilonalli's Knight, Crash the Ramparts, Blinding Fog, New Horizons or Emergent GrowthWould Run Asceticism Gruul War PlowKindred Boon, kindred charge , Kindred Summons, Mirror Entity.
Basically you dont wanna run too many commons. You want permanent sources of trample or haste like the war plow.
8 months ago
Autumnstar Thanks for the notes! I kind of forgot about changeling haha, though I'm still trying to keep the deck as much dinosaur as I can for the flavor... Taurean Mauler looks super nice though so I'll probably put that in, especially since I tend to play commander with many people per game.
Crib Swap seems really nice as well, but the deck is pretty packed with important noncreature cards already, so I'll probably sideboard that for now. I also swapped out Shining Aerosaur for Grazing Whiptail - cheaper and still fulfills a role I need of blocking fliers.
Just have to wait for Rivals of Ixalan to release, and then I'll have some more choice of dinos to put in haha