|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shining Aerosaur Discussion
1 day ago
This is my first time building an EDH deck and I was curious what could be improved.
I want to add in a boardwipe like Wrath of God or Planar Cleansing and switch something out for Wakening Sun's Avatar and then I don't have Command Tower or Reliquary Tower in and don't know if they're "required".
Arthfael208 on Dinos
1 month ago
Last comment did not work so I reposted it in a different format.
These are my recommendations:
- Tilonalli's Knight - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Shining Aerosaur - plain dino
- Raptor Companion - plain dino
- Titanic Ultimatum - you do not need overrun effects in your dinos deck as they are strong enough on thier own.
- Deathmist Raptor - does not really do anything in your deck but is a 3/3 deathtouch
- Frenzied Raptor - plain dino
- Imperial Lancer - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Pterodon Knight - same as above.
- New Horizons - better ramp available
- Dinosaur Stampede - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Huatli's Spurring - same as above.
- Rallying Roar - same as above.
- Slash of Talons - not really good you could go Path to Exile instead as a better removal at the same cmc.
- Coat of Arms - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Ramp cards like Skyshroud Claim or Cultivate.
- Creature ramp specifically Birds of Paradise, the elves, and Priest of Titania.
- ways to cheat in dinos Quicksilver Amulet and Elvish Piper.
- more dinos with effects you do not want plain dinos that are just a 4/3 beater you want it to do something.
- more haste enablers like Swiftfoot Boots or Urabrask the Hidden
- more removal or ways to interact with the board like Path to Exile, Nature's Claim, Wear, Austere Command, and Pyroblast
2 months ago
I would take these out
4 months ago
Remove: Ancient Brontodon, Cobbled Wings, Emergent Growth, Frenzied Raptor, Ixalli's Keeper, Looming Altisaur, Magmasaur, Pterodon Knight, Raptor Companion, Shining Aerosaur, Slash of Talons, Thrash of Raptors, Bonded Horncrest
Add: Deathgorge Scavenger, Fungusaur, regisaur alpha , Ripjaw raptor , Snapping Sailback, Steadfast Armasaur, Thundering Spineback, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Huatli, Warrior Poet, Vanquisher's Banner, Growing Rites of Itlimoc , and one land to compensate for the price of some of your stuff.
4 months ago
Firstly you're at 99 cards, so you're one short, it counts your commander.Wouldn't run: Bonded Horncrest, Colossal Dreadmaw, Grazing Whiptail, Shining Aerosaur, Tilonalli's Knight, Crash the Ramparts, Blinding Fog, New Horizons or Emergent GrowthWould Run Asceticism Gruul War PlowKindred Boon, kindred charge , Kindred Summons, Mirror Entity.
Basically you dont wanna run too many commons. You want permanent sources of trample or haste like the war plow.
4 months ago
Autumnstar Thanks for the notes! I kind of forgot about changeling haha, though I'm still trying to keep the deck as much dinosaur as I can for the flavor... Taurean Mauler looks super nice though so I'll probably put that in, especially since I tend to play commander with many people per game.
Crib Swap seems really nice as well, but the deck is pretty packed with important noncreature cards already, so I'll probably sideboard that for now. I also swapped out Shining Aerosaur for Grazing Whiptail - cheaper and still fulfills a role I need of blocking fliers.
Just have to wait for Rivals of Ixalan to release, and then I'll have some more choice of dinos to put in haha
4 months ago
I love the deck, but I definitely think that some of the dinosaurs that are included could be replaced with changelings instead.
For example, Shining Aerosaur is just awful statwise, and you would want to do want to play almost any other card on turn 5. I would also say that you have too many noncreature cards for a tribal deck but i'm not sure what I would take out personally considering the fact that all of the cards aside from a creature or two with poor stats are about the only issues i see personally.
And now, changelings that I personally would consider.
Changeling Titan:Technically a five mana 7/7.
Chameleon Colossus: It's a 4 mana 4/4 with protection from black which is already good, and for 4 mana you can double it's stats to finish off a game.
Crib Swap: This one isn't a spell, but since it's a tribal spell with changeling, it counts as a dinosaur to get cost reduction from Kinjalli's Caller or Otepec Huntmaster. Exiling a creature for two mana or one mana at instant speed is a good way to get around big indestructible creatures that you'd usually have to chaos warp.
Mirror Entity: It's got a pretty good activated ability that you can use to make all of your dinosaurs big, and your non-dino creatures dinosaurs to get even more tribal bonuses with them.
Taurean Mauler: Player cast spell= Dino get big