|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric
Tap: Creatures you control gain protection from the colors of target permanent you control until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||frederiklw , Atroxreaper , bakunet , Totally_A_Spy , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , Themasterpirate , nakni , TThors , susureedjango , bakeraj4 , rockleemyhero|
|Want (17)||cwidje , ryandobby , Nekospy , Sharpie1584 , shootersam12 , notsaying , mafddawg , Magicwolfpack , gruner , Jspeed , NotVoss , MpJackal , arfar , TheEyesOfLife , Skullion123 , Vanpiil , Cetriel|
Samite Elder Discussion
1 year ago
You need some cards that can give you, in one turn, enough traction for an alpha strike. Ankle Shanker is a particularly scary example. Driven / Despair, Dominaria's Judgment, Overwhelming Stampede, Ready / Willing, Rush of Battle for that aforementioned life gain, Samite Elder targeting Saskia, Spare from Evil assuming there's no human tribal in the meta, Vault of the Archangel, Overrun, are all super good group buffs.
1 year ago
So royku I run a less-competitive kaalia deck based on your budget one. Some cards to consider.
Torment of Hailfire, Samite Elder, Whispersilk Cloak. I know you have the latter two in the sideboard, but they are huge pluses.
1 year ago
The deck is looking pretty good. You got the master of cruelties + strionic resonator in there already which is huge.
The question I'd ask you though is what do you want to focus on? Angels + Dragons, Angels + Demons, or Dragons and Demons? While you can splash a couple of each into the deck I've found Kaalia plays better if you focus on two tribes. (I myself do dragons/angels).
2 years ago
The deck right now is perfectly servicable as a R/W midrange archetype, but I get the impression it doesn't really know what it wants to be yet. In adding cards like Boros Reckoner and Spitemare, you've created more payoff when Avacyn transforms from white to red, but those guys seem rather lackluster when you have Light of Sanction or Mark of Asylum on the battlefield. I'd either go further into the "protect all my guys from global damage"-theme and remove the punisher cards or alternatively you could maybe embrace the fact that your creatures will get damaged, in which case you'd want to cut cards like Repercussion. As it is, I feel there are a couple of boardstates where the deck might be it's own worst enemy. Either way, you could use some more non-angel creatures you can sacrifice at will or alternatively some more reliable token producers, possibly in the manabase (Kjeldoran Outpost and Kher Keep seem like good options to me).
There are a couple of cards I don't really see much use for regardless of the theme of the deck. Those include Braid of Fire and Flickerform. I can't see any mana sinks to use the mana provided by Braid of Fire during upkeep. Keep in mind that mana pools empty between turn phases. While I can guess that Flickerform is supposed to be used as a reset button for Avacyn, I'd wager that it's not necessary to flip her back this often. Maybe just play a simple instant speed flicker effect or two if you feel it's important for the deck strategy.
Personally, I recommend cutting Boros Reckoner and it's ilk and going for some more damage prevention. That'd suggest the following cards, specifically:
2 years ago
I love this idea!
How about Witch-Maw Nephilim, along with the rest of it's four-color bretheren? I'd want a few more four- or five-color creatures in the deck to full capitalize on all those lieges.
3 years ago
- Lyev Skyknight - Low value when blinked
- Mistmeadow Witch - Expensive blinking - delayed until end step (not instant speed for abuse)
- Archaeomancer/Mnemonic Wall - Less than 15 instants and sorceries in the deck
- Pestermite - Low impact
- Seht's Tiger - Not great with Brago. Only good with instant blinks
- Sower of Temptation - Low value when blinked
- Stonecloaker - Seems specific to graveyard hate
- Hinder - Since "Tuck" effects are no longer effective against commanders (they can still chose to return to command zone), this is pretty much just cancel and not good enough
- Golem package (Blade Splicer, Master Splicer, Precursor Golem, Wing Splicer) - ceiling is bottomless pit of 4/4 first strike flyers, floor is one or more chumpers. Admittedly this is more of an aggro strategy
- Parallax Wave - Keep resetting the fading and using up to 4 of the counters each turn to remove blockers, protect your creatures and/or threaten anyone who dares attack you. Might be the one of the best cards with Brago in multiplayer.
- More artifact mana (in place of lands so brago can give 2nd main mana - 1/2 off color signets are good)
- Sea Gate Oracle (better than wall of omens which is awesome)
- Solemn Simulacrum (rampy rampy and gets targeted by all recursion)
Something to protect all your creatures (like hexproof or persist which works well with Brago)?
- Any way to make Glory work?
- Eldrazi Monument if sweepers is a concern
- Champion's Helm/Swiftfoot Boots - Help make sure Brago gets at least on attack in - equipment sucks when you have to equip it every turn. Can't use Lightning Greaves since Shroud hoses brago's ability
3 years ago
That would be lovely :)
I'm just spit balling here. Anything I can think of that will protect Karlov and allow him to hit opponents or offer protection I'm just listing out.
Trailblazer's Boots: evasion
Unquestioned Authority: protection, evasion, and card draw
Eternal Thirst: evasion, lifelink and synergizes well with Karlov
Pentarch Ward: card draw, evasion, protection
Whispersilk Cloak: evasion and shroud.
Loxodon Warhammer: lifelink and trample
Righteous War: pro white and black for all my creatures. May be no bueno with the deck however.
Spirit Mantle: evasion
Samite Elder: pro white and black. Avoids a fair bit of removal.
Akroma's Memorial: protection, evasion, and a little bit of everything.
Pledge of Loyalty: pro white and black to a creature.
Sun Titan: a way to recur lost enchantments/aura/creatures/ect.