|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Amass 3. (Put three +1/+1 counters on an Army you control. If you don't control one, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Relentless Advance Discussion
2 weeks ago
Lazotep Reaver for Two bodies, Relentless Advance for amassing, Soul Diviner for card draw, Lazotep Plating for protection and amass, Toll of the Invasion to get rid of problematic cards, Tyrant's Scorn to get rid of chump blockers or bounce creatures, Otherwise, nice deck, +1
2 months ago
So I just made a Varina, Lich Queen commander deck-Varina-Liliana Zombie Army Commander Deck that uses a lot of the new War of the Spark cards like Commence the Endgame or Relentless Advance to amass a Zombie Army token if I don't have one and then add the counters to it. My question is can I use Arcane Adaptation to name all my creatures to be the "Army" type and so for each "Amass" card add tokens to any creature I have then? If so do I have to put all the counters on one creature for every card effect that says "Amass" or can I distribute them however I like?
3 months ago
Firstly, there is a "playtest" feature on your menu of the deck, right near "deck cycle."
A few thoughts! Please only take what fits your fancy and budget, but here is some word vomit.
The Yikes: consider removing these cards
- Relentless Advance is garbage. At it's best, it's a four mana 3/3. At it's worse, it's a four mana sorcery giving three counters to something.
- Commence the Endgame is a good card … in limited formats.
- Toll of the Invasion has better replacement cards/effects.
- Mastermind's Acquisition is a decent card, but consider only running one copy.
The Yays: consider adding these cards
- Thought Erasure should straight up replace Toll of the Invasion
- Enter the God-Eternals is straight value. Consider upping the number of copies.
- Callous Dismissal is a great budget tempo removal spell that works with amass.
- Angrath, Captain of Chaos adds evasion and threat to your armies that can only go up, not wide
- Cast Down is efficient removal
- Gleaming Overseer is too good not to add 4x copies
- Eternal Skylord is the same as above.
Hope some of this helps.
3 months ago
A couple thoughts :)
- Switch out the Relentless Advance for more Enter the God-Eternals . Relentless might 2-for-1 yourself, and EtGE is straight value, with a portion of that value being removal. That one extra mana is the smallest price to pay for how good this card is.
- Switch out Lazotep Plating for Callous Dismissal . Waiting for a chance to play Lazotep will often leave you waiting, creating a missed opportunity to develop your board state, thereby making it a dead card more than not. Callous is great. Think of it like a 1/1 that bounces a permanent (which is absolutely bonkers). Sure, it might just add a +1/+1 sometimes instead of a new body, but that's a reasonable floor with a great ceiling.
- Consider Angrath, Captain of Chaos . Huge value for this deck, and makes your Army (which can only go up, and not wide) much more threatening and evasive.
No data for this card yet.