Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
When Pia Nalaar enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
: Target artifact creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
, Sacrifice an artifact: Target creature can't block this turn.
|Have (3)||Thunderbeard , IcyLightning , metalmagic|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Pia Nalaar occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Pia Nalaar Discussion
3 months ago
I play a vehicles deck as well but mine has a stronger emphasis on bonuses from crewing. Creatures like Hateflayer and King Macar, the Gold-Cursed might be worthy of your consideration. Also Aethershield Artificer , Veteran Motorist , and Weldfast Engineer all give a vehicle or two a little boost. Sai, Master Thopterist , Pia Nalaar , Efficient Construction , and Thopter Spy Network are all decent servo/thopter creators; and Master Trinketeer pumps all those creations for better crewing! Then add in Anointed Procession , Parallel Lives and/or ! Doubling Season ! for even more tokens. Start Your Engines and Aerial Modification are good inclusions as well. Some cards that we both need to put in our decks are Padeem, Consul of Innovation , Aeronaut Admiral and Built to Smash . Atraxa, Praetors' Voice and Breya, Etherium Shaper would be great in your deck! Mirrorworks ? Mirage Mirror ?
4 months ago
Since I don't know your deck's colors, I'd suggest to choose one from this list of beautiful redhead ladies:
4 months ago
If you're looking to boost your combo, Tezzeret the Seeker may be able to assist you in getting the cards you're looking for. If you want to make this a competitive deck mainly featuring thopters, Sai, Master Thopterist , Pia Nalaar and Pia and Kiran Nalaar all give you thopters (and things to do with those thopters). You may also consider Thopter Assembly and Thopter Spy Network . And of course Master of Etherium goes well in any artifact deck, particularly one that gets lots of artifacts out.
For lands, Temple of Epiphany gets you some scrying, which is nice whether you're searching for that combo or not.
9 months ago
Since most of your artifacts will be tokens, I don't think Padeem, Consul of Innovation and One with the Machine will be that effective unless you just want hexproof from Padeem. Same with Metalwork Colossus (not much cost reduction) and Traxos, Scourge of Kroog won't trigger that much. I don't think Ancient Stone Idol and Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer really fit the theme.
I don't think you need as many mana rocks since Saheeli discounts everything. I'd shift more to be 2 cost mana rocks if anything so Saheeli gets out faster. You don't really need the ones that cost like 6 and make 3.
Some recommendations: Ghirapur AEther Grid , Pia Nalaar , Broodstar , Darksteel Juggernaut , Steel Overseer , Lodestone Myr , Blinkmoth Urn and Gravitational Shift . Check out cards with Metalcraft too, there might be some good ones and you'll basically always have it active.
10 months ago
More recent cards: Priest of Forgotten Gods , Severed Strands , Rubinia Soulsinger , Niambi, Faithful Healer , Everdawn Champion , Pia Nalaar , Sly Requisitioner , Bloodbond Vampire , Windrider Patrol
11 months ago
1 year ago
There are a number of things I'd consider a bit underwhelming, either for the format or for how Brudiclad plays. For example, in my experience you don't want to rush your commander out in this case - he is best played on or a turn before you are going to swing city, so the Loyal Drake and Apprentice don't get you as much value in practice as in theory. Similarly Geode Golem, you want B-man in before combat not after.
If you are looking for Fireball or BSZ to be an alternative win condition - drop in a Rings of Brighthearth for your Basalt Monolith to be infinite BFFs with! There options for direct damage that are better when you don't have the mana combo online too, like Comet Storm or Jaya's Immolating Inferno, maybe Banefire depending on your playgroup. Another infinite combo is to use a Zealous Conscripts for Kiki-Jiki to play with.
Other stuff I'm not jazzed with would be:
- Mind Stone
- Mind's Eye (does nothing in multiples, is mana intensive, and blue should be able to do 'draw' better)
- Chief of the Foundry (what's another +1/+1 when you're turning a million of your guys into 6/12 tramplers or 6/6 flying dragons)
- Pia Nalaar's buffs are also pretty limited.
- OG Jhoira has very little to do with the strategy as far as I can see, other than you can cheat some of your fatties in - but then you need more clone spells to get tokens of them that you can copy, Quasiduplicate, Fated Infatuation and as previously said, Cackling Counterpart.
- Also you can't copy Ulamog effectively unless you are using Helm of the Host so something like Bane of Bala Ged which can gobble up those clone spells may even be better.
Tawnos is a borderline one, he's only good some of the time but I do like that he can double up Mimic Vat or Mirrorworks (could be a good add). Tamiyo's Journal and Kuldotha Forgemaster are excellent as a producer and user respectively of your overactive artifact factory.
OK, I've said loads, hope you think it's somewhat helpful. I'd love your and others counterpoints too. Here is my +1 and especially for including Shared Animosity - that is nifty!
1 year ago
Hello! I love to see how you are updating the list and our versions are kind becoming more different. I start to feel like i have my own deck instead of just a copy and it's quite great :D i'm also glad to have been able to help you improve your list!
Some coments about stuff you said that called my attention:
1) I've been consistently and surprisingly impressed by Lightning Bolt! Acts like a doom blade most of the time, instant speed is huge, and the fact that can hit walkers is the best. I've noticed there's not much efficient red removal that hits walkers! I wish they printed something like a Flame Slash that can hit walkers too, and the lack of it is what's keeping me out of Mizzium Mortars, it's sorcery and doesn't kill walkers. I'm gonna stick to bolt for now, and i can't honestly believe i'm defending that card in edh multiplayer xd
2) I also like Rolling Earthquake despite it not hitting walkers cause it's the most efficient X damage boardwipe that there is, and i love the fact that hits players. It's a fireball, can end the game on the spot, or can help take out problematic opponents. The alternative i was considering for an effect like that was Comet Storm, but for now i'm sticking with the earthquake until further testing.
3) I'm very curious to hear how Tilonalli's Summoner goes for you. To me that card has always looked like a win-more thing or a bad Tempt with Vengeance, but i'm willing to be proven wrong. Pia Nalaar looks good to me cause it's very consistent value (i always loved her activated abilities) and the fact that thopters seems to be grenzo's best friends.
I'm still a bit on defense about Legion Warboss. I like from the rabblemaster that he can pull out a shitton of damage on its own. I'm gonna be playing warboss in standard so i'm waiting to get some general experience with the card before i put it in.
Furthermore Experimental Frenzy looks really good and something i wanna test after i get some games with Stolen Strategy. I feel it's mostly an enabler for strategies that want to be super proactive at some point, and i'm not sure it fits ours as we wanna be very controlling and oportunistic at times. I'm also not sure we have as much ways to do things with the cards that get stuck in our hand. The fact however that you can just destroy it when it stops being good is what makes it worth the shot, so i'll be testing it at some point, probably after i get the chance to see it playing a bit in standard too.
5) I forgot to mention last time, but i was also considering taking off Insurrection for Molten Primordial. The cealing of the primordial is lower, as he steals less stuff, but i like that he offers more consistent value and gives you a big body you can keep, which make it better than insurrection against spell-based decks.
Now that i have more time i'll work on putting my version on tappedout with a bunch of anotations for these specific cards that are different from your take on the deck, and i will link your version so people can see the basic explanation of the concept, general card choices and your videos. We will have a nice place going on for people wanting to make a strong Grenzo list, which is exciting!