Each opponent sacrifices an artifact creature and a nonartifact creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Perilous Predicament Discussion
5 months ago
Your deck is only at 98. Panharmonicon would be huge to exploit ETB's. Some suggestions to go with It That Betrays and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest - Tribute to the Wild, Perilous Predicament, Tyrant's Choice. Crypt Ghast is a must have, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth are strong choices too (especially for ETB's).Cuts I'd recommend would be Wall of Blossoms, Smokestack, Bubbling Muck, Vampire Hexmage, Rancid Rats, Triskaidekaphobia definitely needs to go.
6 months ago
Cataclysmic Gearhulk turn 4, Perilous Predicamentturn 5 for full board wipe. Perilous is an instant to recur. Torrential Gearhulk could be like a 2nd reanimator for standard biggest instants that you discarded from Cathartic Reunion
6 months ago
It looks pretty solid. If there are ways to improve on it, I can't see much of them.
That Tezzeret's Touch is a bitch.
Perilous Predicament is one thing you might look into replacing, though. It could possibly come in handy against another artifact heavy deck, but it also could screw you pretty heavy. Being a 5-drop kind of makes it a pain, as well.
Knowing a bit of your play style, there aren't many scenarios I foresee in which that would be the preferable move to make.
If there are cards on your maybeboard you'd like to have, give Perilous Predicament serious thought to being what you replace.
7 months ago
I used to play magic back in high school, but quit shortly after, and haven't played in 14 years, until this weekend.
I went to the midnight pre-release, made a R/G deck, but didn't do that good, 16 out of 28. The Sunday pre-release I made a B/R deck, and took 2nd out of 8th (barely had enough players to hold the tournament).
Some of the guys I was playing with invited me to the Tuesday night standard games they play there, so I need to flesh out my deck.
Here's what I made for my second tournament:
1 Spire of Industry
1 Aether Poisoner
2 Alley Strangler
1 Consulate Skygate
1 Consulate Turret
1 Daring Demolition
1 Embraal Bruiser
1 Foundry Hornet
1 Frontline Rebel
1 Gonti's Machinations
1 Irontread Crusher
1 Lathnu Sailback
1 Night Market Lookout
1 Perilous Predicament
1 Prophetic Prism
1 Quicksmith Rebel
1 Salivating Gremlins
1 Spontaneous Artist
1 Thriving Rats
1 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Here is my entire inventory of magic cards:
Using just the cards I already have, what cards would you recommend adding, or swapping out, to make this a 60 card casually competitive deck?
I do plan on increasing my collection, but I have a very limited disposable income at this time, so can't go out and buy expensive cards, so I'm probably going to stick to picking up a few booster packs each payday.
7 months ago
Reposting, because I accidentally screwed up the formatting above :-(
- Also, confirm that the matches are only one game, and that you're allowed to sideboard between matches.
- Splashing is easy. More fixing (because there are two pools) + first mulligan free = possible to play all your Rares if you want
- It's often best to choose Draw. Two extra cards + slower games/stalled boards (which make early Lands less relevant) = Choose Draw unless you're both very Aggro.
- Evasion is even more important. More Creatures on board = lots of stalled boards. Menace is much worse but everything else is much better.
- Counterspells are better. I'm quoting magicjudges.org here: "With two spell-casting opponents it's less likely you kept mana up for nothing, there are more must-answer bombs overall, and its less problematic if you don't do anything for a turn if your teammate can advance the board."
- Consider hate cards for the maindeck. This is especially true for Flyer hate (in any 2HG game) and Artifact hate (in Kaladesh and Aether Revolt 2HG).
- KLD Rares/Mythics: Fumigate, Demon of Dark Schemes, Cultivator of Blades, Kambal, Consul of Allocation, Captured by the Consulate
- AER Common/Uncommons: Foundry Hornet, Gonti's Machinations, Ironclad Revolutionary, Perilous Predicament, Embraal Gear-Smasher, Welder Automaton
- AER Rares/Mythics: Consulate Crackdown, Herald of Anguish, Dark Intimations
- Be careful with cards that "target creature you control" (instead of just "target creature"), since you can't use them on one of your partner's creatures. This is especially true with combat tricks.
- Communicate with your partner LOTS, but carefully. Knowing your opponents are watching and listening, don't hesitate to bluff. Quoting manadeprived.com, "When your opponents attack, you can pause and discuss, as if you were considering killing a creature, when in fact there is nothing in your hand that can do so."
- It's pretty cynical, but worth mentioning: Pay attention to where your opponents are looking as they shuffle your team's decks. It's easy for cheats to turn the cards as they shuffle so they can see your decks.
7 months ago
I absolutely love 2HG, and have been compiling a bunch of tips. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share!
Hope you and your partner crack, build, and draw well!
7 months ago
Medium Creature: Maverick Thopterist
Large Creature: Herald of Anguish
Instant: Illusionist's Strategem
Sorcery: Yahenni's Expertise
Enchantment: Consulate Crackdown
Artifact: Peacewalker Colossus
Flex Common: Negate
Flex Uncommon: Perilous Predicament
Flex Rare: Aethergeode Miner