|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Obelisk of Esper
Tap: Add (White), (Blue), or (Black) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Obelisk of Esper Discussion
2 months ago
Sorry i took so long responding!
I like it! Fun deck, very janky and I respect that.
You seem to have it all of the budget marks. I'll just suggest some cuts then.
- Soulscour cost a LOT for what it does.
- Trophy Mage doesn't seem to get anything too important.
- Esperzoa isn't... good.
- Darksteel Juggernaut not really on theme.
- Cancel why not run Counterspell?
- Azorius Charm while versatile, doesn't seem powerful enough to run.
- Revel in Riches distracts from your main gameplan, and has no synergy with the rest of the deck.
- Mechanized Production too. they're both cool and all but It's really hard to actually pull these off.
- Tamiyo's Journal unless you got a ton more clue synergies this is bad.
- Panharmonicon you really don't have enough ETB effect to make this useful.
- Obelisk of Esper you seem to have enough ramp. if you really want it replace with Commander's Sphere
So there's some cut's I'd consider. Good luck!
3 months ago
Thanks for your suggestions hoardofnotions!I'll tinker with my deck and try it out in my next game.
I really like the Darksteel Ingot suggestion, I'll be dropping my Obelisk of Esper for it, and I'll definitely be dropping Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer as well as I agree I don't want to give my opponents any card advantage.
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur looks amazing. 10 mana is a lot of mana though. I find it quite difficult to pull off my 7 mana spells :( But I'll have to try him out! :)
Thanks again hoardofnotions!
5 months ago
Our decks are kinda similar? Some cards I found useful:Daxos of MeletisErebos, God of the DeadRhox FaithmenderBlood ReckoningObelisk of EsperI wouldn't do Blood Baron of Vizkopa. Does better in Orzhov than in Esper decks.
7 months ago
First of all if your ramping into door to nothingness you either want duel lands or tri lands and Mana rocks such as the various border posts or signets. Secondly you want a secondary win condition, and my advice is (staying in colourless theme) Darksteel Reactor. Although slow, many people will try to work out ways to eliminate it because it appears to be a threat. Finally you need more blockers to help protect your plan. Keeping theme, Etched Champion and Myr Servitor fit nicely here.
8 months ago
Although it's a little bad, Trespasser's Curse could be very powerful against swarm and token based decks, and can gain you some life on the way. I would also suggest adding more mana rocks like Obelisk of Esper in case of an armageddon
9 months ago
I like the idea.
You could add a few more spells that change the targets of spells, like Divert, Imp's Mischief, or Captured by the Consulate. I'd also shore up the manabase a bit, maybe add fetch lands like Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, and Warped Landscape and some mana rocks like Obelisk of Esper and Commander's Sphere.