Norin the Wary
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
When a player plays a spell or a creature attacks, remove Norin the Wary from the game. Return it to play under its owner's control at end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Norin the Wary Discussion
8 hours ago
One of my favorite EDH moments to share would be the time I shouldn't have even come close to winning, and I did. At the time, I was playing Norin the Wary, and the deck was doing absolutely nothing, for the most part. The player who SHOULD have won had a pair of Stormtide Leviathans on the board. All I had was Norin, Warstorm Surge, and the un-flipped version of Homura, Human Ascendant. The third player had a pair of flying creatures, I forget what. I'm only at 7 life or so, and the Leviathan player is about to destroy two permanents.
I tell him, "Hey, if you kill that guy's creatures, I'll help you finish him off, and then you'll probably kill me no problem." I'm just trying to play politics to end up in second. Leviathan player agrees, the third player gets a little sad, and we knock him out of the game. Then, Leviathan player decides he's going to drop Teferi's Puzzle Box, after playing Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. He finishes his turn with 12 cards in hand, and 20-something life.
He passes turn to me, and I draw into a Sudden Impact, Furnace of Rath, and a Memnite. I proceed to drop Furnace, play the Sudden Impact, and then finish him off with the Warstorm Surge trigger from putting Memnite into play. Absolutely, completely, should not have had a chance at winning. My previous hand was nothing that could have saved me.
Let that be a lesson to you all: if you're about to beat someone's face in and win the game, and they've been bargaining to get that far... don't let them cycle their hand.
5 days ago
It just seems a tad slow for modern. The only competitive modern lifegain-deck is Soulsisters. It uses cards like Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, to gain massive amounts of life with Genesis Chamber and Norin the Wary. With you life as a meatshield, you eventually beat them down with Champion of the Parish.
1 week ago
I know that Naked Singularity cannot be put into a Norin the Wary deck. Its very random that he posted it on this thread but i am happy he did because now it is in my Progenitus deck. I like that Rings of Brighthearth. that might be an add. I still need to post an update of the deck. I am intending on adding both Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon.
1 week ago
1 week ago
There's a fine line when playing Chaos.
Playing chaos for the sake of creating chaos is stupid, unfun, and nobody will want to play against it. The deck should use chaos as a way to disrupt your opponents from winning while you draw power from it in order to win.
Personally, I prefer Norin the Wary because he is completely innocuous to people unfamiliar with him. My Norin deck is I'm Going On An Adventure!, and could probably be built without the really expensive stuff.
1 week ago
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- In the Web of War + Norin the Wary
- Hamletback Goliath + Norin the Wary
- Mentor of the Meek + Norin the Wary
- Norin the Wary + Soul Warden + Soul's Attendant
- Norin the Wary + Soul's Attendant
- Norin the Wary + Warstorm Surge
- Cloudstone Curio + Norin the Wary
- Norin the Wary + Confusion in the Ranks
- Norin the Wary + Genesis Chamber
- Norin the Wary + Pandemonium
- Norin the Wary + Pyrohemia
- Blasting Station + Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary
- Ajani's Pridemate + Norin the Wary + Soul's Attendant
- Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary + Soul's Attendant
- Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary
- Norin the Wary + Springleaf Drum
- Norin the Wary + Ogre Battledriver
- Norin the Wary + Soul Warden
- Ajani's Pridemate + Norin the Wary + Soul Warden
- Champion of the Parish + Norin the Wary
- Impact Tremors + Norin the Wary
- Norin the Wary + Lightning Berserker
- Confusion in the Ranks + Norin the Wary
- Norin the Wary + Impact Tremors
- Honor-Worn Shaku + Norin the Wary
- Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary + Purphoros, God of the Forge