|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Muzzio, Visionary Architect
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
, : Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the highest converted mana cost among artifacts you control. You may reveal an artifact card from among them and put it onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||rebelteddybear , RazortoothMtg , AlucardZain , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Forkbeard , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Ellyreia , cryptoplasm|
|Want (7)||Spinalripper , Linx1550 , kovellen , Va1mar , BringerOfStorms , Turtlelover73 , bbtancakes|
Muzzio, Visionary Architect Discussion
2 weeks ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
2 weeks ago
Muzzio, Visionary Architect is fantastic in artifact decks.
2 weeks ago
Ah, I'm actually working on a similar deck right now, but with a different Mono Blue Artifact-Loving child, one that I'd recommend to help bring out extra artifacts, albeit with a mana cost (unlike Arcum, but you get to keep creatures in this case) It'll have the same focus your deck does, though more expensive CMC Artifacts and ways to untap the Commander as well as cheapen his activated ability.
Muzzio, Visionary Architect, and from what I'm seeing you will have plenty of mana to go for that cost. From what it seems most games you'll be using that effect to look at the top 5 or below cards, but thanks to Arcum you can whip out that Darksteel Forge immediately and be looking at the top 9 cards.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Where's Muzzio, Visionary Architect? He ramps artifacts like nobody's business
2 months ago
The IB deck is a lot of fun to play. I added Kusari-Gama thinking that it could work but I then found out through play testing that as soon as I sacrifice the creature, the equipment falls off and then damage is delt but I can still trigger it as long as Shared Animosity is pumping my creatures enough to board wipe.
But in my meta there are a lot of Derevi, Empyrial Tactician, Rafiq of the Many, Captain Sisay. Just heavy counter/bounce magic, board wipes, and wheels. IB does kill at least one person in a 4 man pod but I die almost immediately afterwards. My board state (when I kill that one person) usually has Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin King/Goblin Warchief, Krenko, Mob Boss, Blood Moon, Mana Web, Price of Glory, and Shared Animosity. I am very much still pleased with the deck. Just giving feed back as to what types of meta it has a hard time with (if you don't already know).
I did have a huge favor to ask of you. I love death and taxes style decks. If you swing at me we both lose stuff but you will lose more. I run Shattergang Brothers and it can be mean. I just want a new deck that mimics death and taxes. I have my eyes set on Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker, and Darien, King of Kjeldor. But a Daretti, Scrap Savant deck would be awesome! I know those decks are mono colored but I am not only wanting mono colors, it just happened like that.
I was also thinking that I want to do a artifact heavy, deals damage based off cards target player has in hand over or under a certain amount like...The Rack, Ankh of Mishra, Ebony Owl Netsuke, Jinxed Idol, Jinxed Ring, Mask of Intolerance, Thumbscrews, Scalding Tongs, Iron Maiden, Misers' Cage just to name a few hahaha, massive card draw. No real intent to win through combat damage but maybe taking an extra turn or mass artifact over run. I would like my commander to be someone who can consistantly put out artifacts and so I have picked Muzzio, Visionary Architect or Padeem, Consul of Innovation (unless you know of one better). I am sorry this comment is this long. Thank you for all the help...
2 months ago
I like Muzzio, Visionary Architect as an alternate commander for this deck to mix things up and I might try him out in place Esperzoa if that doesn't work out. I've actually been looking at a lot of Muzzio EDH decks to get ideas because there isn't a lot of information out there for Padeem EDH decks. Another way to cheat stuff out from under Knowledge Pool is always great though.
Memnarch is a different story... I don't like him. Yes, he's powerful, but he screams combo and draws so so much hate from the table the moment he plops his big fat head on the board. Maybe in a more competitive setting, but for this deck I'm purposefully avoiding including him. I'm testing Avarice Totem in here as a fair & cheaper version of him ( vs ), so we'll see how that goes.