|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Muzzio, Visionary Architect
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
, : Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the highest converted mana cost among artifacts you control. You may reveal an artifact card from among them and put it onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||rebelteddybear , RazortoothMtg , AlucardZain , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , itheoryz , Forkbeard , Kleptozaniac , Mortiferus_Rosa , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Ellyreia , cryptoplasm|
|Want (12)||Jheiz , Spinalripper , Linx1550 , Va1mar , ostiarius , kovellen , Hakkai_Requiem , Uberchancey , AquaDave , BringerOfStorms , Turtlelover73 , bbtancakes|
Muzzio, Visionary Architect Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, ToxicMoonlight! I really appreciate your feedback! I'm still pretty new to this commenting stuff, so I hope you actually see this.
When I first put Back to Basics in this list I played 18 basics, which in my playgroup is a ton and it always worked in my favor. The fewer basics I start to play makes it a favorable consideration for replacement, so it's always on my mind.
I play very few creatures now than my original list. Along the way I've cut more dudes for more counter magic and protection. The deck is built to be a fast combo deck that can win out of nowhere with protection. I play in a very competitive group, so I've had to make sure this deck is fast, but also has the ability to play the long game. I've been looking for a good source of card draw for my deck, and it's surprisingly difficult to find something that fits well. Kuldotha Forgemaster is too slow in this deck as it takes a full turn cycle before I can even use it. And typically it would hurt me more than help to sac three artifacts for one. As for Muzzio, Visionary Architect I don't really need a way to "cheat in" artifacts. Every artifact I try to cast is less than 5 Mana, save for Gilded Lotus and Spine of Ish Sah. Usually I'm not even casting spine unless I have infinite Mana and there is one card on the field that is stopping me from winning.
So while I appreciate the recommendations, I don't think they would fit well with the style of deck I'm aiming for. Thank you very much for the feedback and all is welcome!
1 week ago
Hi RumbleFeature! I like the list that you have here. Memnarch is one of my favorite Commander decks I have. You deck looks really strong with cards like Force of Will and Mana Crypt, but I think it's lacking in the creature department. I know that mono-blue decks are typically more spell-slinging, but in my experience you can run out of gas really fast if you didn't draw into your draw spells. I would like to recommend Kuldotha Forgemaster, a creature that can tutor for your Isochron Scepter or Metalworker. You can also put in a Blightsteel Colossus as an alternate win condition, or perhaps Muzzio, Visionary Architect to cheat in some more artifacts into play. I'm not sure how I feel about Back to Basics in this deck. Sure, a lot of Commander players put a lot of non basic lands in their decks, but most of your lands are also non basic. Granted you are playing a lot of artifact ramp, but it just seems like you're going to hurt yourself more than others. If you'd ever want to take a look at my Memnarch deck and use it as a reference, you are more than welcome to do so anytime!
Commander / EDH
284 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
1 month ago
2 months ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
2 months ago
Muzzio, Visionary Architect is fantastic in artifact decks.
2 months ago
Ah, I'm actually working on a similar deck right now, but with a different Mono Blue Artifact-Loving child, one that I'd recommend to help bring out extra artifacts, albeit with a mana cost (unlike Arcum, but you get to keep creatures in this case) It'll have the same focus your deck does, though more expensive CMC Artifacts and ways to untap the Commander as well as cheapen his activated ability.
Muzzio, Visionary Architect, and from what I'm seeing you will have plenty of mana to go for that cost. From what it seems most games you'll be using that effect to look at the top 5 or below cards, but thanks to Arcum you can whip out that Darksteel Forge immediately and be looking at the top 9 cards.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Where's Muzzio, Visionary Architect? He ramps artifacts like nobody's business