|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin Warrior
Kinship - At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Mudbutton Clanger, you may reveal it. If you do, Mudbutton Clanger gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Mudbutton Clanger Discussion
2 years ago
Alright, so I have a few pieces of advice over here. I like Krenko a lot, and the general idea of the deck, but it has quite a few issues. First off, you're running way too many one drops, most of which are pretty bad, while opting out of quite a few excellent ones. The same is true of your two drops as well, to be honest. Creatures like Frenzied Goblin, Raging Goblin, Mudbutton Clanger, and Goblin Shortcutter are just flat out bad. Meanwhile, you're not running some great one drop choices like Foundry Street Denizen, Skirk Prospector, or Goblin Recruiter. EDH is a much slower format, and you cannot run nearly as many one, two, or three drops in it as in other formats. Also, your deck has far too few lands and no mana rocks. Even an aggressive EDH deck should have at least 35 lands and mana rocks total, maybe more. Finally, you just have way too many creatures overall. I'd cut down on the total creatures, especially the lower end of your curve, and add in removal and card-advantage tools, which you have almost none of. Chaos Warp, Outpost Siege, and Lightning Bolt are missing, and on the token generation side, Empty the Warrens.
3 years ago
A list of some creatures you might want to consider:
- Akki Avalanchers: Sacrificing lands is suuper sketchy, but if your opponent has nothing and you need two more power to get the kill, you'll sac the land.
- Boros Recruit: First strike is always good
- Flamekin Brawler: Much like Akki Avalanchers, this guy comes with an activated ability (firebreathing) you probably don't want to use, but if its the difference between winning and losing, you'll be glad you have it
- Goblin Balloon Brigade: once again, paying mana sucks, but flying is the type of thing that can be the difference between winning and losing
- Goblin Cohort: Why get a 1/1 for 1 when you can have a 2/2 for 1? I don't think the downside should slow you down in this deck. Worth noting that Mogg Conscripts can be copies 4-8 if you want
- Goblin Mountaineer: Mountainwalk might randomly win the game
- Goblin Sledder: turn extra creatures into pump spells
- Insolent Neonate: menace if you need to attack with him, rummage if you're not
- Kolaghan Stormsinger: Haste built in
- Mogg Fanatic: also a ping
- Mudbutton Clanger: if you don't like Goblin Cohort this creature doesnt have the downside, but also isnt always a 2/2
- Skirk Prospector: another way to make more mana. This one feels like it could really improve the deck's performance if you leave Dragon Mantle in, by letting you stock up mana in early turns by casting a hand full of creatures
- Spark Elemental: 3 power, haste and trample, but you only get 1 shot
3 years ago
i would get rid of Goblin Rabblemaster and Hellraiser Goblin because it forces you to attack each turn. same with Riot Piker because it attacks each turn and can be killed by anythingGoblin Roughrider is bad basically a 3 cost vanilla, there are better ones.Kruin Striker is kind of pointless because anything can kill it and a 3 power trample doesnt amount to muchMagmaw shouldnt be in here. its expensive to case and does the same thing that a Mogg Fanatic doesMudbutton Clanger is too much of a guessing game for too little effectMogg Flunkies forces you into a corner if you have nothing on board which happens a lot with goblinswheres Goblin Lackey and Goblin Wizard and Goblin Matron and Goblin Recruiter and Goblin General????? they should be in every deckalso wheres Shared Animosity??
also what about Goblin Bombardment?
Id take out Aggravated Assault because although it looks good on paper it never really works in EDH.
You need more card draw and land search.take out all the burn spells, because they eat up spaces in the deck and 2 or 3 damage in edh isnt much when you have 40 life.take out the additional attack phase cards. they arnt that great in reality. and they are expensive to play.
you need more mana ramp like Pyretic Ritual and Desperate Ritual.
take out Survey the Wreckage because its too much for too little also take out Goblin Rally its just too expensive to play for creatures that should cost you nothing.
take out Vandalblast because this isnt an artifact removal deck
you can look at my krenko deck if you would likehttp://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-zerg-4/i normally play it and it is very fast and very good at killing at least 3 other people.
let me know if you have any questions
No data for this card yet.