|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs Kiora (DDO)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret (DDF)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains flying until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||gildan_bladeborn , bakeraj4 , richardmv , ironax , MythicMeadow , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Ashy , pskinn01 , Malachy_ , Yawkcorb , Themasterpirate , Candyman949 , brentkc49 , TThors|
Mighty Leap Discussion
VaatiVanna on Foxes
3 days ago
3 weeks ago
Good suggestion, but as far as creatures are concerned, I only want to use Kor in this build. Makindi Aeronaut pairs well with Bonesplitter and the other two evasion equipments. Mighty Leap can be used to confuse the opponent into blocking as well. Glint Hawk requires returning an artifact to my hand as it enters the battlefield. I need the artifacts on the field as quickly and permanently as possible. Thank you for your input, but I must reject Glint Hawk from joining this Kor deck.
3 weeks ago
OK, now I think I can start to give you some proper feedback.
Night Market Lookout gives the best value when you tap it to Crew a Vehicle.
It can Crew Aethersphere Harvester on it's own, so I would think about adding some of those.
Your 3CMC slot is quite empty, and your 2CMC slot is quite full, so I'd take out 2-3x Gifted Aetherborn (Deathtouch Creatures usually aren't as great as you think they will be), and put Aethersphere Harvesters in those slots.
You don't really have any heavy hitters. Something like Tetzimoc, Primal Death is worth finding a place for.
2 months ago
this is the deck I need help with.I just wanna make it better. It was loosely based on managorger hydra back in Origins.
4 months ago
I'm not an expert, but here is some general advice that I would have ignored if i'd gotten it when i first started:
- You can't win the game just because you have a lot of life (caveat: unless your deck is designed to do that, e.g. Test of Endurance). This means cards like Angel of Mercy and Angel's Mercy are just "delay" cards - they'll keep you from dying for a turn, but nothing else. You need to be able to win otherwise. That's not to say lifegain is bad (Ajani's Pridemate would eat me if i tried), but lifegain for the sake of lifegain is insufficient.
- Walls are good only if your deck is designed to be strong in lategame. Otherwise they are bad. It took me a long time to learn that. They can't attack, generally don't have any abilities that can win the game, and generally don't even prevent you being attacked (walls like Souls of the Faultless are an exception). Blocking a creature without killing it means it will just swing at you again next turn, and next turn it might have a friend, and now you can only block one of them. So unless the deck is designed to be strong late-game, you can generally replace walls with anything else and be equivalent or better-off.
- Card synergies are important. For example, you have Wingsteed Rider, but there are only two cards in the entire deck that will actually trigger his Heroic ability: Mighty Leap and Marked by Honor. Now, the base creature isn't bad (2/2 flying for 3 is decent/average), so i'm not saying take him out. Just, keep it in mind.
- Whenever you see a card, try to look for or think of interesting interactions. Since you're new, there are a ton of cards you're unaware of, and it's hard to keep everything in mind. For example, Enchanted Evening + War Priest of Thune (if everything is an enchantment, he can kill anything) or Angel's Mercy + Sanguine Bond (you gain 7 life and they lose 7 life).
- Some cards are the same as other cards, but one is just straight-up worse than the other. I can't really think of any examples using your cards, so i'll use these instead: Open Fire is strictly worse than Lightning Strike (3 CMC vs 2), which is itself strictly worse than Lightning Bolt (2 CMC vs 1). And it's not "old cards are worse than new cards", because Open Fire was just created/released, whereas Lightning Strike has been released several times. Just something to keep in mind. Closest example I can think of using your cards aren't straight comparisons, e.g. Angel of Mercy vs Serra Angel.
- This is a good resource: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx It has every single card in MTG, and their rulings. It's one of the few sites I know of where the official site is better than most fan sites
6 months ago
Maybe Mighty Leap to make the Glory bound have an extra +3/+3 and gains flying.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Blossoming Defense is a very good protection spell, plus it buffs the creature you target it with so it can be a combat trick too. I'd run 3-4 of them in place of a combination of Mighty Leaps and Appeal/Authority's, maybe a Heroic Intervention.