|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Merieke Ri Berit
Legendary Creature — Human
Merieke Ri Berit doesn't untap during your untap step.
: Gain control of target creature as long as you control Merieke Ri Berit. When Merieke Ri Berit leaves the battlefield or becomes untapped, destroy that creature. It can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Merieke Ri Berit Discussion
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Fun deck! Remember that you can't have a black mana symbol in your deck at all though (Merieke Ri Berit has got to go).
Good luck with the deck!
3 months ago
Commander / EDH*
Trying a new mechanism with using Vehicles as tap-engine, and profiting of untapping the tapped cards. Merieke Ri Berit is the perfect commander as it helps to control the field. When I untap her as reaction to her tapping, I even get to do this multiple times.
It is still prototype and above 100.
Any ideas what to cut? Or what should I not miss?
3 months ago
Sem querer vc colocou o Kambal, Consul of Allocation nos 'mono'.Tirar:Para os de 3 cores sugiro deixarmos uns 2 ou 3 edh. Tirei alguns muito fortes, caros, dificeis de encontrar ou que j usamos no nosso meta.Kresh the Bloodbraided (j temos no meta), Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (muito forte e ja temos no meta),Xira Arien (duvido acharmos),Zur the Enchanter(caro), Dromar, the Banisher(caro),Merieke Ri Berit(raro),Rith, the Awakener(lixo).
2 cores: Lavinia of the Tenth (azorius ja tem muitos e ela a pior).
Colocar: Oloro (esper lifegain)
5 months ago
vishnarg, I am definitely adding Ramunap Excavator when it comes out. Thanks for the suggestion!
Wurmlover, yeah, a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain combo, sounds ridiculous to play against! Brago, King Eternal-stax, does sound like a good answer for it though. I use to play against a Brago-stax deck and it was unbearable at times. I'll definitely have to check out your Brago build.
freakingShane, great suggestions! Though Fervor was short lived in the deck, I did like the extra haste enabler. It just ended up being a little less important than having extra early ramp cards. I did remove Blood Moon and added Price of Glory. I'll pass on Shivan Harvest and Courser of Kruphix, but thanks for the suggestions!
Thank you everyone! Let's continue to keep Omnath the crowned king of a$$holes.
5 months ago
zamiero, you would be surprised with the outcome of our games. Omnath wins more games than any of the decks that I compete with. It's all politics in my playgroup and most of the time it is 4v1 against Omnath and I still overwhelm everyone and come on top.
The most troubling decks I face would be: Talrand, Sky Summoner (every other card is a counter card), Merieke Ri Berit (always trying to take my Omnath) and Uril, the Miststalker (a race to avoid taking 21 commander damage, because I am always the first target). Even then it depends on who had a better start and I get Omnath out on average turn 5 and occasionally as early as turn 4. You are also underestimating the token production. I am in double digits before my board state is handled and then I comeback with even more my next turn. Omnath is the real deal!
5 months ago
Hey, bro. How're you doing?
Alright, you tagged this as competitive, so I'll do competitive criticism, ok? Nothing personal, but there's a lot to work here.
- You're running 24 lands. Ok, that's a good number for a 5-color control. But there are some lands in your deck that are good for nothing. I mean, how you plan actually getting value from City of Brass in a competitive metagame filled with aggro decks like Burn, Death's Shadow and Affinity? Second, what are the odds of cards like Foreboding Ruins or Fortified Village coming untapped? You'd probably be getting more results with Dragonskull Summit or Sunpetal Grove, or even shocklands like a extra Blood Crypt and a Temple Garden, since you'll only lose 2 life once.
- You have too many cards. In sideboard and mainboard. Like, you're playing 5-color control with creatures like Merieke Ri Berit and spells like Insidious Will, Dash Hopes and Anger of the Gods. The chance of getting the right mana for these are extremely unlikely, despite the fact that some of these cards are very bad (e.g. Merieke gets bolted, Dash Hopes hardly ever stops anything that really matters, Bloodhall Oooze takes a lifetime to be relevant, etc). You should trim it down to cards that are really game changing and not just cool cards you like.
- Focus. That really matters when you're building a control strategy. Sometimes we get so excited when deckbuilding that we end up forgetting about the part where we play the deck, and put up a lot of things that are counterparts. Like, Lingering Souls for instance, is an awesome powerful card, but it's awful in counterspell strategies, because it is a sorcery that leaves you tapped out on turn 3. For the same reason, using three copies of Tasigur, the Golden Fang in a deck that does not have any way to get cards into the graveyard is probably a horrible idea. He is good in late game, but he is even better on turn 2, after Thought Scouring yourself, and cracking two fetches. BAM! A 4/5 on the second turn that dodges Bolt and Push. Deal with it, midranges.
- Sideboard. Dude, Modern is The Sideboard Format. If your sideboard doesn't puts you back in track on game 2, then it's over. And your sideboard choices are a bit odd... I mean, in what matchup Cruel Ultimatum is particularly good? Royal Assassin... yes, it's fun and shit, but, how is he a better choice than more copies of Path to Exile or Abrupt Decay? Serum Visions is great, why not running it mainboard? Again, in what matchup they would actually help you more than others?
Now, into suggestions:
- Define a strategy. Decide how are you going to win and what cards you need to get there. You wanna go Tasigur? Go Tasigur, but give it consistency to be your beater and make sure he'll be protected. Wanna go damage? Go damage, get up to 4 Lightning Bolts, Lightning Helix, Electrolyze, some Snapcaster Mages and do damage to the face. Wanna go slow control? Go slow, get some Celestial Colonnade and/or Geist of Saint Traft, or even take down some colors and win solely with Cruel Ultimatum! But, damn man, choose something and do it. Don't try to do everything.
- Define colors. You don't wanna take down any? Ok, you can play 5-colors, just adjust the manabase. I, particularly, don't really like green in this build. Abrupt Decay and Scavenging Ooze sure are awesome, but they don't add up much to the masterplan.
- Understand your meta and set up your sideboard. Too much creatures? Ok, keep the Ghostly Prisons. Too much burn? Add more Leyline of Sanctity. Tron is a pain in the ass? Pithing Needle them into silence. Your sideboard is an essential part of your deck, and, obviously, it must only have 15 cards.
I know it's a lot, and please, don't think I'm trying to offend you in any way, but this comment is about improving your deckbuilding.Anyhow, keep it up and keep on playing. You're going a good way. If you need anything else, feel free to call me.
5 months ago
Torn apart and swallowed by zombie crocodiles? On-screen death? Razaketh isn't coming back. That was quite the story though. Id like to see Raz have a Merieke Ri Berit-like ability. Maybe something that bleeds you to make it more painful.
I think the Veil is going to have some role to play in Liliana going out on her own. How, I don't know, but a return to Dominaria seems like a good coming home story for Lili.