Artifact Creature — Construct
, , Tap X untapped artifacts you control: Look at the top X cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||DHermos , ZombieFood , ecurps , acbooster , , Nemesis , Spinalripper , DarkMagician , Regulus1010 , Riders_of_Brohan , kaikaitanner , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , firemind12 , Va1mar , golgarigirl , meowCat1234 , bakeraj4 , Wolfebladeelite , SpaghettiToastBook , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , gildan_bladeborn|
Merchant's Dockhand Discussion
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Thank you Ronathan I do like the idea of having more mana fixing in the deck because in play testing I have had plenty of moments where I can't play something like Tempered Steel due to how strange the mana base is. I will problably go down 1 Foundry Inspector and 1Chief of the Foundry while cutting both copies of Merchant's Dockhand due to the fact that the ability to dig through my library hasn't really came up in play testing and using Bomat Courier for that is a lot better. Thank you for commenting and taking the time to look at the deck it means a lot.
3 months ago
Hey thanks ElementalEd! I was hoping I'd have enough tap effects to stave off getting killed before I can pull of some of the 3+ card combos (Like 7 mana, Spine of Ish Sah, Priest of Yawgmoth, Mirran Spy, with a Disciple of the Vault and/or Altar of the Brood in play, being the most mana intensive combo) but yea, Reconnaissance was one I was not aware of, thanks! Also, spitting out annoying blockers with Nuisance Engine and Myr Propagator, killing with Kiku, Night's Flower, "sort-of-tutoring" with Jar of Eyeballs, Citanul Flute & Merchant's Dockhand are other reasons I have all those tap effects. As for straight up tutors.. I haven't decided yet if they're really needed, but will if they are. I do have a Trophy Mage in there though for digging up some useful artifacts.Arcum Dagsson and Master Transmuter are on my wish list atm, and I will eventually be trading out for more Inspired effects as this deck develops. Muzzio, Visionary Architect looks really groovy, too. Might have to get one. Lol, Caltrops. It's a great card, but is there a Sydri deck without it? I'll put it in when I get one. Probably, lol. With Sydri, Galvanic Genius effects, Kusari-Gama & Thornbite Staff & almost any other card in here will take care of early aggro..along with her effects & Liquimetal Coating to stave off early land drops in case I need to get rude..
There really is a ton going on with this deck, it kind of almost HAS to be played to see it all. Thinking of pulling the 7-8 mill effects though. It does play fairly defensively, but it's answers are usually to kill, exile, remove, or plain just give things Defender to just about anything..if I can get it moving fast enough.
AND, I just realized I should've put all this in the description, lol.
Thanks for checking out my deck though, feedback is always groovy. :)
4 months ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
4 months ago
I like all of these inclusion, i amonkhet a big fan of the direction of black and green cards. I made som additions
Whirler Rogue good in General and a bomb in ub
Merchant's Dockhandthis might be to all in (?)
Thirst for Knowledge really good in ub, 23 card in blue
March of the Machines well.. Maybe?
Faerie Mechanist with a higher density of artifacts this might go in more decks.
Cranial Plating i don't know about this one
Hibernation's End i love this card, so do you!
4 months ago
I'm really surprised I don't see an Unwinding Clock here. It combos with your board lockdown really effectively, giving you access to all of your artifact mana on everyone's turn. If you manage to get Teferi's emblem and The Chain Veil out alongside Unwinding Clock, you can activate all your planeswalkers' abilities twice on everyone's turn assuming you have enough mana rocks untapping to pay for it (which you should at that point.)
There's also Darksteel Forge to make your mana base harder to remove.
If you want to really play with Winter Orb, you can include permanents that allow you to tap it on someone else's end step. That way, you have access to all your lands while everyone else cries in their soup. Some options are Amber Prison, Clock of Omens, Merchant's Dockhand, Rust Tick, Vedalken Certarch, Inspiring Statuary, and Whir of Invention.
In fact, you should probably add Whir of Invention to the deck anyways, great way to tutor out an artifact and put it on the board.
You should have Arcum Dagsson as well. The ability to tutor out any artifact in your library simply by sacrificing an artifact and tapping him is OPAF.
5 months ago
Hope of Ghirapur is legendary, so you do have to be careful not to add too many, but running x3 or x4 even is not unheard of.
Merchant's Dockhand is still a good card and you should keep at least 2. you can use him to dig through your deck to find the cards you need, so i wouldn't completely cut them.
all that said, i can see you either running x3 or x4 hopes, x2 in the slot of Bastion Inventor and possibly x2 over the dockhand, but thats just me. this is your deck, so you put them wherever you see fit.
5 months ago
Yeah, experimentation with local meta is a really good way of figuring out what works and what doesn't.
I will say that Merchant's Dockhand is amazingly good in pure Improvise decks. He's an early drop that can help get Metallic Rebuke ready and Herald of Anguish out earlier. And in late game, when you don't need Improvise, you can tap those Artifacts to scry. But, in a more control style deck, it's definitely weaker.