Artifact Creature — Construct
, , Tap X untapped artifacts you control: Look at the top X cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||DHermos , Nemesis , ZombieFood , acbooster , Venser_the_Sojoner , Riders_of_Brohan , RedMulligan , ecurps , meowCat1234 , Regulus1010 , Spinalripper , firemind12 , philktoken8998 , golgarigirl , thetechzombie , Va1mar , gildan_bladeborn|
Merchant's Dockhand Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
3 weeks ago
I like all of these inclusion, i amonkhet a big fan of the direction of black and green cards. I made som additions
Whirler Rogue good in General and a bomb in ub
Merchant's Dockhandthis might be to all in (?)
Thirst for Knowledge really good in ub, 23 card in blue
March of the Machines well.. Maybe?
Faerie Mechanist with a higher density of artifacts this might go in more decks.
Cranial Plating i don't know about this one
Hibernation's End i love this card, so do you!
1 month ago
I'm really surprised I don't see an Unwinding Clock here. It combos with your board lockdown really effectively, giving you access to all of your artifact mana on everyone's turn. If you manage to get Teferi's emblem and The Chain Veil out alongside Unwinding Clock, you can activate all your planeswalkers' abilities twice on everyone's turn assuming you have enough mana rocks untapping to pay for it (which you should at that point.)
There's also Darksteel Forge to make your mana base harder to remove.
If you want to really play with Winter Orb, you can include permanents that allow you to tap it on someone else's end step. That way, you have access to all your lands while everyone else cries in their soup. Some options are Amber Prison, Clock of Omens, Merchant's Dockhand, Rust Tick, Vedalken Certarch, Inspiring Statuary, and Whir of Invention.
In fact, you should probably add Whir of Invention to the deck anyways, great way to tutor out an artifact and put it on the board.
You should have Arcum Dagsson as well. The ability to tutor out any artifact in your library simply by sacrificing an artifact and tapping him is OPAF.
2 months ago
Hope of Ghirapur is legendary, so you do have to be careful not to add too many, but running x3 or x4 even is not unheard of.
Merchant's Dockhand is still a good card and you should keep at least 2. you can use him to dig through your deck to find the cards you need, so i wouldn't completely cut them.
all that said, i can see you either running x3 or x4 hopes, x2 in the slot of Bastion Inventor and possibly x2 over the dockhand, but thats just me. this is your deck, so you put them wherever you see fit.
2 months ago
Yeah, experimentation with local meta is a really good way of figuring out what works and what doesn't.
I will say that Merchant's Dockhand is amazingly good in pure Improvise decks. He's an early drop that can help get Metallic Rebuke ready and Herald of Anguish out earlier. And in late game, when you don't need Improvise, you can tap those Artifacts to scry. But, in a more control style deck, it's definitely weaker.
2 months ago
JerichoDarkstar I was running a couple Merchant's Dockhand for a while but didn't have much success with them since they are such a weak creature. I guess I will just have to play around with it for a while and see what cards work!
2 months ago
running x2 of Merchant's Dockhand is fine, he will smooth out draws in the later game, and is a cheap artifact that can pump out your Herald of Anguish as soon as possible. speaking of which, going full aggro with cheap artifacts means that you need to have herald in your hand as early as turn 4 reliably, otherwise filling the board with just cheap artifacts is ok, but most of the time wont have that extra power to close out a game like the herald does. so for herald going with x3 or x4 copies even is good.
going a full x4 on the Hope of Ghirapur is an option. being a flyer it means that it is a great target for Tezzeret's Touch just like Ornithopter, just be careful because it is a legendary creature meaning only one can be on the battlefield at any given time.
x2 or x3 Scrap Trawler is good. you can draw him reliably with x3 and it doesnt raise the average CMC of the deck by too much.
x2 Reverse Engineer sounds good. opens up cards draw but limits how often it will get stuck in your hand early game
x2 of Tezzeret, Master of Metal is plenty enough. with 6 cmc, adding more would be counter productive. he costs too much to have just sitting in your hand. shame he doesnt have improvise.
Tezzeret's Betrayal also has really high cmc, making it hard to cast reliably, so just make sure that you dont have too many in the deck, otherwise you can get stuck with multiple copies in hand and no mana to cast them
2 months ago
Awesome suggestions LithiumHD!I looked through my cards but for some reason I could not find more Ornithopters or Bone Saws. I guess it is a by product of my recent move. I did pick up 2 x Bone Saw, 3 x Ornithopter, Foil Scrap Trawler for a $1 from my LGS.I added 1 x Merchant's Dockhand and I am going to order a Hope of Ghirapur. Or should I up the number on those more than two each?I added another Scrap Trawler...should I add more?I am now using 4 x Tezzeret's Touch.I am going to try 2 x Reverse Engineer.I added another Tezzeret, Master of Metal. I do have a third one to add but I don't think it is as need since there is the Tezzeret's BetrayalI am going to order the Herald of Anguish in a couple of days...Anyone have thoughts on whether it should be a 2 x or more?The cards in the sideboard are some of the things I took out of the original deck.One card I thought about adding to the sideboard is Underhanded Designs