|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds two mana in any combination of colors to his or her mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Market Festival Discussion
3 weeks ago
Just a few suggestions in a quick run-down of the deck list:
I'd say Beastmaster Ascension would work better in a 'go wide' strategy, where you have a higher creature count to build to the required number of counters on the enchantment.
Cartouche of Strength , while a removal spell will probably just get the enchanted creature Path'd.
You have enough other ramp/cost reduction that I think you can cut all of the Market Festival style enchantments unless you want to add an enchantress style card draw engine.
Krosan Drover doesn't help your X spell creatures so probably affects few enough creatures that it could be cut.
Do you have enough ways to tap Centaur Omenreader reliably that doesn't involve attacking?
1 month ago
try to add more enchant land like those:
Abundant Growth / Consecrate Land / Elvish Guidance / Genju of the Cedars / Genju of the Falls / Genju of the Fields / Imprisoned in the Moon / Market Festival / New Horizons / Nylea's Presence / One with Nature / Sheltered Aerie / Squirrel Nest / Urban Burgeoning / Utopia Sprawl / Weirding Wood
This way, you will be able to untap them with the +2 effect of Estrid.
Also, you should add more card to draw
Then, you should add some recursion spells like
Also, you should add some cards to protect you like
Then, you could add some cards to take permanents from opponents like
2 months ago
Some suggestions for you! Although I don't run Smothering Tithe (yet!) they are all amazing The 4 drop land enchantments aren't as great as you may expect... Unless you're running Estrid as your commander. I found Estrid lackluster in the 99 w/o tutoring.
2 months ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
5 months ago
Not vey often at all really, apowers77. The enchantments like Market Festival help out. Plus all the card draw I have I'm bound to always have a land in hand. The benifit of playing an Eldrazi heavy Kruphix deck is the rollover of mana goes colorless and a big majority of Eldrazi spells are void if any colored mana costs anyway so it works out in my favor. The spells that are colored are pretty low cmc so I'm able to cast them early and/or not have to worry about dumping a bunch of colored mana into a single spell. I usually pay the colored pips with my lands and then dip into my "Kruphix Reserves" for the generic cost of the spell. That way you still have open lands to cast other colored spells or holdup until an opponent's endstep to dump into the reserves.
You were saying on your page that Bounty of the Luxa was to slow... IMO it pays out big time over the entirety of the game. Drawing you a card on every other of your turns and giving you mana to use or store the other turns. Just something for you to think about...
6 months ago
Serra's Sanctum , but it's extremely expensive.
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds will ramp you a lot but it might give your opponents some draws, which imo is a risk worth taking.
Nature's Will might be cool
6 months ago
Let's replace -
6 months ago
For even more mana, consider the following enchantments -
Market Festival occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%