Counter target spell. Look at its controller's hand.
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Lay Bare Discussion
1 year ago
Heya Fans, and welcome back to our show. After some practice with our potential new hires we come to our first look at what fresh acts we can bring to the audiences.
After much hiring and firing, then rehiring again, and many hours of choreography, I am happy to report we have had decent results. And that I'm convinced there could be physical changes made. If you disagree or think of something better, please share your thoughts in the comments.
These changes aren't so deck altering as some of the others I am still considering, but I'm still not 100% on them. Need some outside input.
Hanna, Ship's Navigator - ???: Closest things I could find that flies is Razor Hippogriff , Sanctum Gargoyle , and Griffin Dreamfinder but that only covers half. Or is this ability really necessary, can we work around our toys being removed and use this spot to fit something new?.
Azorius Keyrune & Ojutai Monument : for lack of a better word they seem 'cute' now. They seemed useful at first because they turned into flying creatures that shared the benefit other flyers do. Better rocks? Keep? Replacements could include Fellwar Stone , Basalt Monolith could be blinked with Brago... unsure what else is good and not overly expensive.
Favorable Winds : Is it really necessary, amid the other +'s it seems the least shiny, even though it's foiled.
Stay tuned for more to come! We're always trying to keep fresh acts, and as accidents happen replacement performers will hopefully be swift coming. Don't forget the suggestion and vote box on your way out. See you next time at The Circus!
1 year ago
Yo Mj3913, it's been awhile since I seen an Isperia deck. Here are some cards you can definitely consider adding!
- Clairvoyance - Essentially a cantrip, and can be used instant speed with Isperia.
- Lay Bare - Not cost efficient but a fun card that goes on theme.
- Sorcerous Sight - Another cantrip effect.
- Vendilion Clique - Can be tutored for, also makes them put away a card you don't like, as well as gives you more knowledge!
- Steel Hellkite - You only have a few ways of dealing with permanents this helps in needing that wipe.
- Stonecloaker - Protection and grave hate.
- Glen Elendra Archmage - Protection plus with the blink sub theme you can have a reuseable package.
2 years ago
As a person who made a pauper cube, I can advise you that is fun, but only for a while. Once drafted a few times, it becomes clear that going wide is the most viable strategy, since pauper does not offer any good board wipes.
The most important thing about the cube - you do not want to spend ages gathering the cards, sleeving 300+ cards and 100+ lands only to find out noone really wants to draft it MULTIPLE times.
Gauge your target audience.
2 years ago
I have just completed my first cube over on CubeTutor! I would love for assistance in two regards from the T/O community:
First, draft my cube and tell me what you think! The link is at the bottom. Keep in mind this is a themed/pauper cube, so don't expect Moxen, but I do want to know if you find it fun or if there are easy improvements to make.
Second...the only cards I own in paper are the Ixalan block cards...so can I buy or bum your bulk commons? I would LOVE to build this cube from cards bought/donated from the T/O community, so that every time I slam down a triumphant Lay Bare, I think little thoughts of gratefulness for the user who gave it to me. The whole cube is ~10 cents per card on average, so I figure it's a win-win: I pay for your S&H+gratitude, and you get rid of bulk cards no LGS would buy.
Please reply here or on my user page if you can help out in either of those ways! See the cube link below. Thanks in advance, and cheers!
2 years ago
A big ol' +1 for the wonderful theme deck! Always been a fan of Moonfolk.
To the issues you describe in the comments, I have the following suggestions:
- To better search up those essential artifacts, Trophy Mage will help her Trinket and Treasure brothers. She will get you your precious, precious Heartstone and another helpful card I'll suggest later. Tutoring for creatures will be a pain in blue no matter what, so rely on card draw as much as you can. I'd move away from big, single-use draw spells like Blue Sun's Zenith and instead focus on ability-based effects. You've got a fair number of Moonfolk Wizards; maybe Azami, Lady of Scrolls can be of service.
- When you're rockin' a deck as powerful as Moonfolk tribal, people start to get jelly. And when people be jelly, they blow up your stuff. But there's a Vedalken that can help protect your colorless stuff: Padeem, Consul of Innovation. For your creatures...I can't believe I'm about to suggest this... try Tortoise Formation. And when you're done laughing at my poor judgement, the best thing blue can do to prevent destruction is counter, so invest even more in that.
- Finally (and I'm so sorry this has turned into a long comment), I'd like to suggest making some changes to specific cards. Lay Bare isn't doing you any favors. Run literally anything else...okay not Fold into AEther, but other better counterspells. Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, Titan Forge and Lux Cannon just seem to be reasons for others to attack you. As they don't help the overall theme of the deck, I'd look to more relevant artifacts like Rings of Brighthearth, Eternity Vessel, Metallic Mimic, Brass Herald, or Door of Destinies.
3 years ago
Here are some initial thoughts about cuts and adds.