|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has two or fewer cards in hand, Lavaborn Muse deals 3 damage to him or her.
Lavaborn Muse Discussion
1 month ago
- Playing a deck like this will inevitably lead to your opponent without much of a hand.
- This will leave the spells that damage your opponent for discarding mostly useless.
- At the same time, this means anything they happen to come across, they will play almost immediately, meaning your discard strategy won't be nearly as effective.
- The Rack type effects are best for this kind of deck.
- Examples of viable rack type cards are Paupers' Cage , Skullcage , and Bulwark .
- You are already using these in the forms of Lavaborn Muse and Hellfire Mongrel
- Black Vise type effects could be useful if you plan to force feed your opponent, but since you're making them discard, I don't see much point in that.
- If your goal is to discard, running mill cards isn't going to help your strategy. You're reducing the deck's consistency by including them.
- You're going to want to run Painful Quandary simply due to its taxing nature.
- Lastly, you have a lot of mana rocks, but no artifacts that serve any utility, and more questionably, no Chromatic Lantern . While you have some X and higher cost spells, all that mana could be a dead draw, especially considering you're running 37 lands already.
Add in something like Strionic Resonator , or anything else that can make use of your permanent's abilities.
Keep in mind you're using a strategy that is considered low-power unless it is executed in a specific way. I don't see you having very much fun with this deck as it currently is, but who knows, maybe you are.
1 month ago
Lavaborn Muse and similar seem bad for the same reason. Poor synergy with your signature spell. Consider lowering the curve, adding more 1-drops to kill off opposing planeswalkers early
7 months ago
Damage to opponents from discard effects is good but what bout when they have no cards left to discard? Got a few ideas for ya to check out that will damage them for having an empty hand:
7 months ago
Have a few card ideas for ya to mull over:
9 months ago
Painful Quandary is huge for this kind of deck, as well as Oppression. Cyclonic Rift and other spells like it help bounce unwanted permanents to hands, and give fuel to the fire. Also consider cards like Lavaborn Muse and Hellfire Mongrel to make opponents suffer even when their hand is low. Torment of Hailfire is a great finisher/removal for a discard based deck. I feel this deck is similar to my commander deck based on Crosis, the Purger, so if you would like more recommendations, just let me know. :)
1 year ago
Khorvath's Fury, Windfall, Geth's Grimoire, Waste Not, Painful Quandary, Torment of Hailfire, Jace's Archivist, Perplex, Decree of Pain, Blasphemous Act, Reforge the Soul, Pain Magnification, Lavaborn Muse, Hollow Specter, Hellfire Mongrel, Pull from Tomorrow, Wheel of Fate, Rise of the Dark Realms, Words of Waste, Oppression.
1 year ago
If you want to run Angrath, the Flame-Chained then you need some form of acceleration, something like Infernal Plunge or Pyretic Ritual otherwise the card is just to slow to meaningfully effect the board state. Next up, if your deck is running Liliana's Caress then it should almost always be running Waste Not instead.
There probably is a shell where discard could work, but I suspect it would be using cards like Burning Inquiry, Barbed Shocker and Reforge the Soul alongside cards you don't care about discarding Flashback, Unearth and abilities similar to Bloodsoaked Champion. I might have a mess around with the idea. Another card you might find interesting is Lavaborn Muse and lastly Blackmail and Mire's Toll for the significant reason that they can hit lands...
Hope this is of some help.
1 year ago
Might I also suggest:
Drogskol Reaver, Geist of Saint Traft, Brago, King Eternal, Deadeye Navigator, Ghastlord of Fugue, Jiwari, the Earth Aflame, Karmic Guide, Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, Lavaborn Muse, Myojin of Life's Web, Nobilis of War, Obzedat, Ghost Council, Overbeing of Myth, Primordial Sage, Ryusei, the Falling Star, Spell Queller, Spirit of the Hearth, Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar, Wall of Reverence, Yomiji, Who Bars the Way, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Ghost-Lit Warder, Innocence Kami, Nebelgast Herald, Ore Gorger, Pus Kami, Revenant Patriarch, Ruin Ghost, Spectral Shepherd, Dimir Infiltrator, Baku Altar, Custodi Soulbinders, Hallowed Spiritkeeper, Kirtar's Wrath, Seize the Soul, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, AEther Shockwave, Field of Souls, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Path of Ancestry, Unclaimed Territory, Mirror of the Forebears, Herald's Horn, Door of Destinies, Descendants' Path, Faces of the Past, Shared Animosity, Vigean Intuition, Distant Melody, and any of the Kindred cards
No data for this card yet.