|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Knight's Pledge Discussion
2 weeks ago
I was wondering: as this is a mono-white deck, why for 2 CMC not to replace Knight's Pledge with good old Crusade? True it is only +1/+1 instead of +2/+2, but it would pump all of your creatures instead of a single one, so if you play more than one it would have a better effect on your board.
Also be careful with not having any way to deal with artifacts or enchantments, because in Legacy you could face many broken cards of these types.
ADj on Mentor Legion
1 month ago
Goblin Cratermaker to sideboard
m19 possible additions.
mana fixing Stone Quarry
3 months ago
I am said friend that requested that this be posted. So my personal commentary for this deck:
1) Remove Revitalize - At one point I was also quite fond of cards that gain life, but they don't really help you win so much as they help you not lose. Even if this one draws a card too, it also is a card you need to spend so all it does is replace itself.
2) Remove Oakenform, Knight's Pledge - I tend to avoid Auras that buff creatures quite a lot unless there's certain circumstances. It's entirely too easy for your creature to die and for you to lose an extra card this way. The buff is tempting but it's too big of a draw back in my eyes. Squire's Devotion is a special case since it comes in with an extra creature.
4) Move Plummet to your Sideboard - You already have a not insignificant amount of anti-air options. If the deck is strictly flying creatures, that's when you move in Plummet. From your maybeboard, Naturalize or a different version Forsake the Worldly should also be sideboard material.
5) Inspired Charge - I'm not particularly fond of this card; you seem more interested in going tall than wide in this deck. But try it for now and see how well it works. It makes sense with your Mammoth, so I wouldn't outright cut it yet.
7) Rabid Bite, Take Vengeance, Gideon's Reproach, Divine Verdict - these cards are going to be your removal suite. They should all be main deck for right now, until you can find better options. Rabid Bite will always be prime for you, though.
This is not a bad start for a deck that is a modified Welcome Deck. You'll definitely want some consistency so you'll want more of your best cards and less of your not quite as good cards. As always, practice makes perfect for deck building.
4 months ago
Oh, I thought you had Knight's Pledge's. Novice Knight becomes so good if you have both in 4 times. I do think that Druid of Horns is good if you "missed" early game, also he isn't as effective if you can't give him Hexproof. For that purpose, I recommend Shalai, Voice of Plenty ! It's really good to give Hexproof to all your creatures, and she's in the right colors too. Also, I'm about to try a Rogue list, with 3-4 Dub's and History of Benalia's. I'll tell you how it goes if you want to.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Looks pretty neat! Some substitutions I recommend considering are Bonesplitter for Darksteel Axe, Godless Shrine for Isolated Chapel or other lands, and Spirit Mantle/Unquestioned Authority for Knight's Pledge. Also, History of Benalia would be insane in this deck.
5 months ago
5 months ago
I have a couple suggestions.Vine Mare, Shield Mare, Sram, Senior Edificer, Talons of Wildwood, Knight's Pledge, and finally Sheltering Light. this deck is gonna be very hurt by the powerful removal in standard right now, so Vine Mare is your ideal equipped creature, it's also a big body. Shield Mare should effectively stop those red decks in their tracks, it's also another good creature to equip when your facing any red deck.Sram, Senior Edificer is another powerful source of card draw, with decent stats. Talons of Wildwood, and Knight's Pledge would be your strongest aura's by far. They are costed very well for what they do. Finally, Sheltering Light is a nice protective spell, that comes with a free scry attached to it. I think you have a deck that's really fun too play, and can be FNM competitive too.