|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Can protection from a color protect.. from itself?
- Kabira Evangel interaction with Suture Priest
- Detain and protection from white/blue
- When Captain's Claws effect triggers, do "whenever an ally enters the battlefield" effects happen before the opponent gets to block?
- Kabira evangel and panharmonicon
Creature — Human Cleric Ally
Whenever Kabira Evangel or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may choose a color. If you do, Allies you control gain protection from the chosen color until end of turn.
Kabira Evangel Discussion
4 months ago
This deck looks great, I would say add in Kabira Evangel even if your allies don't have flash this will let them swing unblockable to the color you choose which is a great finisher against most decks
5 months ago
Love the card TypicalTimmy. The flavor text goes great with the Pyromancer's Trap too, lol.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay . If you do, return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Incubated in the cinders of a dying phoenix, these dragons rebirth themselves regularly.
5 months ago
Hi everyone, ive always wanted to build the Humans deck but, as you know, its very expensive so i came out with differents variations of this deck but they never convinced me. Finally i came out with this variation that is, i think better tha the others, or at least more interesting. This is part of it:
The thing is that i dont know if its good enough to start. Im still searching for a substitude for Phantasmal Image , cuz here were i live its at least 15 euros each one. I dont know if i should go with only two or three Aether Vial , cuz its expensive too. Lands are another problem, Cavern of souls its really really expensive so i need a substitude. i guess ill go with Ancient Ziggurat and Unclaimed Territory but i dont know which other lands should i take.
7 months ago
Bloodfrenzy Thank you for your input. I initially included Kabira Evangel in the deck, but had to cut it due to budget. I still feel like Brave the Elements is the right card in there. It can also protect against board wipes. With regards to Retreat to Emeria you are right, it is too slow. Maybe I should just add a couple more creatures instead?
7 months ago
Deck is really good, but I tested it against some mid-range and it seems to have to win very quick. I think you should consider Kabira Evangel instead of the Brave the Elements . He's slower but offers more ally synergy with same effect that lasts the rest of the game. Also Unbreakable Formation might be good for field wipes. I think you should just drop the Retreat to Emeria it's slow and since there's no draw by the time it gets out you only get value every once in awhile by top decking a land. Maybe [path of bravery] could replace it to go along with the life gain idea or just add more allies.
10 months ago
mikeb388: This is part of a series of decks that stick to a strict $5 budget (not counting basic lands). A playset of Kabira Evangel runs mores than that on its own. But those are definitely good upgrades.
1 year ago
I have been making some changes based on suggestions, so I'm not being bloody minded about this exercise.
The same can't be said for Allied Reinforcements.
1 year ago
So, I ran some tests ... nothing rigorous by any means, basically just a bunch of abbreviated matches (with sideboarding) vs. a few decks from wyquem's Modern Gauntlet. In no particular order (and with all the caveats that come with limited testing), here are some thoughts:
- It felt like the deck wanted to go just a little faster than the mana-base allowed. In particular, there were a few times I wished the Isolated Chapels were Concealed Courtyard (or maybe even Caves of Koilos) instead. I know both of those are already on your 'Cards Already Considered' list, so maybe I'm just missing something ...
- Hada Freeblade was just soooo good. I really wanted to see it every draw, so I'd probably try to fit it in as a 4-of.
- I found Brave the Elements to be EXTREMELY high-variance. It was hilariously amazing in some matchups, but actively bad vs. boardwipes and Colorless Creatures (e.g., those in Hardened Affinity and Gx Tron ... plus Affinity and Eldrazi Tron, though I haven't seen them around much lately). I'm not sure what I'd swap around (and of course something like that is VERY meta-dependent), but it felt MUCH more like a sideboard card than a maindeck card to me. Kabira Evangel had similar challenges, though to a lesser extent.
Speaking of sideboard, I found myself REALLY wishing I had some more hate cards. Here are some thoughts ...
- Graveyard hate: In a current "generic" meta, I would want 4-5x for sure. Rest in Peace is amazing, and Surgical Extraction is a close second. Leyline of the Void is the fastest option, and 4x might be a necessary evil if your meta is overrun with Dredge, Hollow One, and the latest Arclight Phoenix hotness. Incidentally, RIP is amazing vs. Hardened Affinity, since it turns off Modular (from Arcbound Worker and Arcbound Ravager and Thopters from Hangarback Walker). Grafdigger's Cage is nice too in any meta with a bunch of Collected Company or Titan Shift decks.
- Boardwipes: 1-3x would have been nice (maybe zero, but only if we max out on graveyard hate ... and 3x are probably mandatory if Spirits is a thing in your meta, since they're very resistant to targeted removal. Settle the Wreckage is nice because it kind of doubles as graveyard hate, but Damnation/Wrath of God are fine too (and much harder for opponents to play around).
- Artifact hate: Stony Silence is amazing (watch out though if you end up running Captain's Claws, since it shuts down Equip). It doesn't stop everything though, so I like 2-3x Stony + 1-2x Disenchant or Fragmentize.
- Combo hate: The match-ups here were REALLY rough. 3-4x in some mix of Damping Sphere, Rule of Law/Eidolon of Rhetoric, Leyline of Sanctity, and Inquisition of Kozilek/Thoughtseize would have helped a TON.
- Tron hate: I struggled with Tron; 2x Damping Sphere (4x if I didn't also have Stony Silence) would have helped.
- Removal: I liked both Path and Push, but because they're dead vs. Combo and dead-ish vs. Control, I might back down a little from 4x of each in the 75. Maybe 3x of each and then 1-2x of a more generic removal (e.g., Oblivion Ring).
- General Utility: Auriok Champion, Aven Mindcensor, Blessed Alliance, Collective Brutality, Kambal, Consul of Allocation, Phyrexian Arena, and Runed Halo may be worth a look. You'll know it if you want them :-)
I also ran a few games with 4x Aether Vial. I cut 1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar and 3x Join the Ranks to make room, though I'm almost certain that was not the optimal place to find the slots. Nevertheless, it really felt like a huge upgrade.
- I never brought in Gideon, Ally of Zendikar from the side, so it kind of felt like 3x in the 75 was plenty. Taking one out for a Vial was probably not correct though.
- I had very mixed feelings on Join the Ranks, which is why I chose to put the Vials there. As you mention in your description, it can make a GREAT combat trick, and it definitely bailed me out of some otherwise very sticky situations. However, Vialing in another Ally often had the same benefit, plus it's much harder for an opponent to play around. It's also 4 mana, so it was at kind of an uncomfortable point on the curve. At 4 mana I generally wanted to slam Gideon, and that got me wondering if sacrificing the Instant speed for a 3-mana effect (i.e., Oath of Gideon) might actually be better.
- Vial is of course great vs. Control, but I never realized how good it was with Drana, Liberator of Malakir. Being able to Vial her in at the end of an opponent's turn (thus avoiding all their main-phase Removal) just felt GREAT. Vialing in Kabira Evangel won a couple games too.
- Since I swapped out 4x 4-drops for the Vials, I'm pretty sure I could have run 21 Lands. Not sure where the slots would best come from, but 21 vs. 22 Lands may deserve some special attention.
Anyways, hope that something in this Wall of Text was useful, and sorry for wasting your time with the pieces that weren't!
As always, draw well!
No data for this card yet.