Ivory Crane Netsuke
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have seven or more cards in hand, you gain 4 life.
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ivory Crane Netsuke Discussion
11 months ago
The only modern competitive lifegain deck I know is soul sisters.
1 year ago
- Angelheart Vial - comes to mind as a first pick if you are in a creature heavy meta.
- Bow of Nylea or Druidic Satchel - both have multiple uses, but the incidental life gain is fine.
- Elixir of Immortality - I put this in everything, kinda messes with seasons past though.
- Exquisite Blood or Polluted Bonds - these will get hate but have really good life gain potential.
- Retreat to Kazandu - for when you play lands.
- Lifegift - for when ANYONE plays a land. This card is super under rated in games of 3-4 players. especially against ramp decks.
- Ivory Tower or Ivory Crane Netsuke or Venser's Journal - trigger on upkeep, dependent on hand size venser is the better of the 3.
- Thoughtleech or Lifetap or Roots of Life - depends on your meta, i think there are more of these.
- Skullmead Cauldron - discard outlet on top of life gain.
- Tower of Eons - HUGE mana sink, but I have a special place in my heart for this card.
4 years ago
@Stephenburgin106 There actually is a very nice card that combos well with this deck, it is called Ivory Crane Netsuke I may add it to the sideboard but to be honest I don't intend to win a 1v1 match up vs burn in the first game. This deck just doesn't do that... That's why we have a sideboard :/ besides this is more of a fringe deck that does not do very well in a hyper competitive enviornment so you should not expect this to be on par with the top 5 decks. As for additional lands I can't see why I should run more in that I often draw so many cards that I never run into land troubles outside of just a bad starting hand. For counters I run 4 Remand and 4 Silence which usually allows me to lock them down for a few turns untill as I build up ramp and draw into more prevention nonsense. Finally it is important to note that this is a control deck just not that kind of control deck (due to my choice of win condition I end up devoting a lot of card space to the engine resulting in a smaller Thant usual support package for the deck. To any extent I that you for the comments and I'll see about finding a home for the bird.