|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Ivory Crane Netsuke
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have seven or more cards in hand, you gain 4 life.
Ivory Crane Netsuke Discussion
8 months ago
- Angelheart Vial - comes to mind as a first pick if you are in a creature heavy meta.
- Bow of Nylea or Druidic Satchel - both have multiple uses, but the incidental life gain is fine.
- Elixir of Immortality - I put this in everything, kinda messes with seasons past though.
- Exquisite Blood or Polluted Bonds - these will get hate but have really good life gain potential.
- Retreat to Kazandu - for when you play lands.
- Lifegift - for when ANYONE plays a land. This card is super under rated in games of 3-4 players. especially against ramp decks.
- Ivory Tower or Ivory Crane Netsuke or Venser's Journal - trigger on upkeep, dependent on hand size venser is the better of the 3.
- Thoughtleech or Lifetap or Roots of Life - depends on your meta, i think there are more of these.
- Skullmead Cauldron - discard outlet on top of life gain.
- Tower of Eons - HUGE mana sink, but I have a special place in my heart for this card.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Jace's Ingenuity is probably superior to Pore Over the Pages, but unlikely what you're looking for. You might want Confirm Suspicions, since it might result in more card draw? But, I would probably go with Scroll of Origins, since, if you get it down early, it'll keep the cards flowing through the rest of the game.
It's unlikely they'll be very good here, but Descendant of Kiyomaro, and Kiyomaro, First to Stand are in your colors. What about Soramaro, First to Dream, Ivory Crane Netsuke and Empyrial Plate, or Kefnet the Mindful?
3 years ago
@Stephenburgin106 There actually is a very nice card that combos well with this deck, it is called Ivory Crane Netsuke I may add it to the sideboard but to be honest I don't intend to win a 1v1 match up vs burn in the first game. This deck just doesn't do that... That's why we have a sideboard :/ besides this is more of a fringe deck that does not do very well in a hyper competitive enviornment so you should not expect this to be on par with the top 5 decks. As for additional lands I can't see why I should run more in that I often draw so many cards that I never run into land troubles outside of just a bad starting hand. For counters I run 4 Remand and 4 Silence which usually allows me to lock them down for a few turns untill as I build up ramp and draw into more prevention nonsense. Finally it is important to note that this is a control deck just not that kind of control deck (due to my choice of win condition I end up devoting a lot of card space to the engine resulting in a smaller Thant usual support package for the deck. To any extent I that you for the comments and I'll see about finding a home for the bird.
No data for this card yet.