|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Common|
|Magic Game Night (GNT)||Common|
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control get +2/+1 until end of turn.
Inspired Charge Discussion
2 months ago
I think you should take out all of the give target creature +2/+0 sort of spells since you can swap them out for better options. A few that would come to mind are Dynacharge , Inspired Charge , Make a Stand , and Rootborn Defenses .
I would also remove all the deal 2 or 3 damage to target creature or player kind of cards from the deck since they are not good for removal and burn is going to be really hard to pull off. Swap them out with more mana rocks like Sol Ring , Mind Stone , Talisman of Conviction , and maybe even a Gilded Lotus
While you are at it put some of the better removal cards in the deck like Swords to Plowshares and Crush Contraband with maybe even a few board wipes in case things start to tip too much in the opponent’s favor like Hour of Revelation or Fumigate
Also in Boros you can never go wrong with a Sunforger in the deck to get out some of your good instant speed spells when you need them.
2 months ago
hahaha, amazing. My favorite part is the name. (And that says a lot.)
Also, this probably goes without saying, but please be careful of Goatnap .
9 months ago
With all the mana doubleers you have, You wouldnt need to hold as many lands open for your instant speed cards. Cut Seedborn Muse . Also Replace Sanctified Charge charge with Inspired Charge . Its not as mana heavy, and when only one creature can be blocked, first strike won't matter. Also Cut Heartwood Storyteller , since you have 58 cards that will make opponents draw cards when they are cast. Also there are 11 cards which give a static buff to your board. Maybe cut some of the low impact ones, like Glorious Anthem or Benalish Marshal , since just +1/+1 isn't as impactful as some of the other anthems.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Revision 2: At this point, you're much more cohesive, but still haven't quite reached a strong synergy.
You should probably sideboard your Day of Judgment and Ghostly Prison to use against creature-heavy/tribal decks (like slivers), and for your general day-to-day use, you should use some cheap, targeted removal (a favorite modern-legal card of mine for this is Declaration in Stone, especially against token swarm decks, but you could use Swords to Plowshares). Day of Judgment + Knight Exemplar is strong, but Day of Judgment can sit in your hand if you don't draw the other piece of the combo, and that can suck if you have dudes on the field.
Knight of the White Orchid is begging to be a part of this deck, btw.
You've got a lot of knights coming out, and that's strong, but what you could really use to push in the damage is a card that boosts all your dudes for maximum damage when they charge as a team. Kytheon's Tactics is strong for this, but it's a Sorcery, so Inspired Charge or Sanctified Charge might be the better call.
1 year ago
I am said friend that requested that this be posted. So my personal commentary for this deck:
1) Remove Revitalize - At one point I was also quite fond of cards that gain life, but they don't really help you win so much as they help you not lose. Even if this one draws a card too, it also is a card you need to spend so all it does is replace itself.
2) Remove Oakenform, Knight's Pledge - I tend to avoid Auras that buff creatures quite a lot unless there's certain circumstances. It's entirely too easy for your creature to die and for you to lose an extra card this way. The buff is tempting but it's too big of a draw back in my eyes. Squire's Devotion is a special case since it comes in with an extra creature.
4) Move Plummet to your Sideboard - You already have a not insignificant amount of anti-air options. If the deck is strictly flying creatures, that's when you move in Plummet. From your maybeboard, Naturalize or a different version Forsake the Worldly should also be sideboard material.
5) Inspired Charge - I'm not particularly fond of this card; you seem more interested in going tall than wide in this deck. But try it for now and see how well it works. It makes sense with your Mammoth, so I wouldn't outright cut it yet.
7) Rabid Bite, Take Vengeance, Gideon's Reproach, Divine Verdict - these cards are going to be your removal suite. They should all be main deck for right now, until you can find better options. Rabid Bite will always be prime for you, though.
This is not a bad start for a deck that is a modified Welcome Deck. You'll definitely want some consistency so you'll want more of your best cards and less of your not quite as good cards. As always, practice makes perfect for deck building.
1 year ago
Hey there, did you have a goal in mind for the deck or a budget that can help with card suggestions? Just from peeking at it I see a lot of flyers already and aggressive creatures.
Some basic budget instants I like for a white deck like yours would be Adamant Will or Sheltering Light for protecting your low toughness creatures. This could be used offensively or on defense to allow you to swing back strong the next turn. Gideon's Reproach for removing tough attackers or blockers without losing one of your creatures. I would run Make a Stand over Inspired Charge. I feel like giving every creature you have indestructible is better than the extra +1/+1 that you get for Inspired charge with 1 less mana to cast than inspired charge.
For creatures I would consider removing the 2 Dwarven Priest and adding 2 more Star-Crowned Stag to clear the way when attacking. Maybe Aerial Responder instead of Loxodon Line Breaker? Vigilance, flying and lifelink all in one package for the same casting cost! Daybreak Chaplain might be a good replacement for Sun Sentinel since it is tougher to kill and has the lifelink to to help you endure until you can get your high cost angels out.
Hope that helps give you a few ideas for tweaks. Good luck!
1 year ago
Thanks for taking your time!
It says "Don't look at my land count! :)" haha will update those when I got all cards. And ofcourse 60 cards.
Duress main use is removing board wipes, enemy win cons and seeing their hand ( can't go wrong with that card really )
Need some good creatures to add, any ideas? Also some stalemate breakers...
No data for this card yet.