|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
Cycling (2) ((2), Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Madness (3)(Black) (If you discard this card, you may play it for its madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ichor Slick Discussion
9 months ago
However, you should have two Cathartic Reunions set aside for me that will replace the Dangerous Wagers. On the other hand, Death Denied and Fireball may be better sideboaded, leaving three slots to start playtesting Ichor Slick. ty
9 months ago
1 year ago
Now that Amonkhet with its new cycling cards was released, this deck can be significantly improved. I have tested your decklist as it was, and then made following changes:
- Obviously add new cycling creatures, such as Archfiend of Ifnir or Greater Sandwurm.
- Removals like Murder or Ichor Slick in this deck are bad, because they add creatures into your opponent's graveyard, which makes your Living End worse. You need to focus on removal which disables the creature on the battlefield, puts it into library or exiles it, such as Chaos Warp or Song of the Dryads.
- Turns out that this deck has much better manabase than it seems - mainly because of all the land-cycling creatures (Igneous Pouncer), which can search for dual lands such as Cinder Glade. Thus it is easily possible to play four colors. Adding blue will improve your changes of going off with additional cascade card Shardless Agent and tutors like Bring to Light.
- Replace Flayer of the Hatebound with Ogre Battledriver. As previous comment says, Flayer of the Hatebound doesn't work with Living End. So instead of damage, you'll have haste.
- Replace All Hallow's Eve with Twilight's Call - it's $100 cheaper.
- Add Emrakul, the Promised End as a backup plan - turns out that the deck has a lot of tutors, never misses a land-drop thanks to all that cycling, and has many card types in the graveyard. Emrakul is enough to win all alone.
1 year ago
It's not just a change to the oracle text, it was an update to the comprehensive rules with Shadows over Innistrad. You are correct that when you discard Ichor Slick to cycling you always exile it now, and on resolution of it's madness triggered ability if you don't cast it you will attempt to put it into the graveyard from exile, but with Abandoned Sarcophagus will instead exile it. This is one of the cases of exiling an exiled card.
1 year ago
If you have an Abandoned Sarcophagus on your side of the field and cycle an Ichor Slick (considering the new oracle text for madness cards is that you discard them into exile and then they go into the graveyard afterwards) if you chose not to cast the spell for its madness cost and it would ordinarily then go into your graveyard, does it instead go into exile?
I'm asking because Ichor Slick would enter from exile instead of just entering the graveyard by being cycled from hand. Obviously Abandoned Sarcophagus refers to cards that are being cycled as the cause of the effect that puts them into the graveyard, and not just cards that have been cycled at some point, otherwise you could cycle a Miscalculation into your graveyard with Abandoned Sarcophagus on the field and then repeatedly cast it from the graveyard because it 'was cycled'.
Thanks in advance.
2 years ago
No. When you discard a card with madness while you control Library of Leng, you have to make a decision. Both madness and Library of Leng have a replacement effect that tries to replace the discard event with something else. You can only apply one of these effects at a time.
If you apply Library of Leng's effect first, then the discarded card will be put on top of your library. Madness will not have anything to replace anymore, so you won't get the madness effect.
If you apply the madness effect first, the card is exiled so it can later be cast. Library of Leng's effect won't be able to apply anymore.
tl;dr: You pick one. You don't get both.