|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have provoke. (When a Sliver attacks, its controller may have target creature defending player controls untap and block it if able.)
Hunter Sliver Discussion
1 year ago
Hmm...so this is a pet peeve of mine so take it worth a grain of salt but -always make your deck description as detailed as possible. As I'm looking at your deck and what you wrote here my only guess is that your game plan is to swing wide, and swing often. However, your deck doesn't seem to exactly have alot of focus to that end. You include some slivers with parasitic mechanics and/or (in my opinion) don't function well when there is only a "one of":
These Slivers are bad inclusions in an EDH deck because their abilities don't have much direct interaction with the other creatures in your deck. Additionally, when there is only one copy of them out on the battlefield their presence doesn't really make much of an impact - case in point Frenzy Sliver. With only one in play, your Slivers will only deal +1/+0 if they get through. That's it. If you had 4, that changes dramatically to +4/+0 - forcing the opponent to always block if possible. Can you honestly say that there is a situation where you would want to tutor for one of the previously mentioned creatures? Again, this is all my own opinion - but I would cut these Slivers for additional spells or permanents that could support you, but more on that later.
The inclusion of non-slivers is a bad choice given your commander. Overlord is designed to enable you to tutor for whatever answer you need. If that answer isn't a Sliver and is a creature - then what's the point of having Overlord as your commander? Speaking of lack of inclusions - why not have Amoeboid Changeling? It's a Sliver, and it interacts directly with Overlord's 2nd ability enabling you to steal enemy commanders. That's more of a control oriented play, but is a Overlord staple.
I'm starting to think that maybe you should swap out commanders for ether Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion. Your deck, as it is currently built seems to support a more aggro playstyle - which is completely viable within Slivers. Including the previously mentioned, I would cut the following cards:
- Reflex Sliver - This is an exceptionally horrible card. Never use this. Ever.
- Spitting Sliver - This is also an awful card.
- Hunter Sliver - This card is only relevant if you have both Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
- Belligerent Sliver - Menace is okay, but the more CMC efficient version is Two-Headed Sliver. Again in my opinion, this is only relevant with Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
Now, what cards do I think you could use?:
- Aphetto Dredging - Another possible (and budget!) option for recursion.
- Shared Animosity - Feels like more of a "win more" card, but it's a one sided aggro Coat of Arms. Worth trying in my book
- Door of Destinies - In tribal, an absolute beast of a card. Definitely worth trying out.
- Herald's Horn - a cheaper Urza's Incubator that lets you Scry. A great include, but if you also have a Urza's Incubator, then why not both?
- Synapse Sliver - if you're going to be attacking alot, why not try and get some cards out of it?
- Blur Sliver - infinitely better than Reflex Sliver. Why would you not choose this over that?
- Magma Sliver - A Sliver that compliments a more aggressive play style. Great for getting past pesky Propagandas and Ghostly Prisons.
- Armageddon - this is only of use to you when you have a "Soft Lock" on the board in the form of Gemhide Sliver and say - Sliver Hivelord + Crystalline Sliver. Losing lands would be a minor setback for you - a major one for your opponents.
- Diabolic Tutor - it's a budget Demonic Tutor. What else can I say?
- Enlightened Tutor - a bit on the pricey side, but having more tutor options is never wrong.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon for a deck that likes to swing wide. Worth including if you can afford it.
- Horned Sliver - Trample. For a deck that wants to swing wide, sometimes you just need trample.
Sorry to write you a whole book lol, but those were my thoughts. Please let me know what you think and when your tournament is. I look forward to your response! Also, here's a +1 for you!
1 year ago
It's a very good start! My deck looked a lot like this when I first started working on it. A few cards I would suggest are Spirit of Resistance, Amoeboid Changeling, Unnatural Selection, Chromatic Lantern, Meekstone (then pull out Sentinel Sliver), Hunter Sliver, Paradox Engine, and Intruder Alarm.
If you need anything else just ask or look at my Sliver EDH deck! Works really well and the maybe board is full of cards that work in Sliver EDH decks. Let me know what you think of it too! :)
1 year ago
Great deck! I tested it against my Sliver EDH deck and it did quite well! I never thought about doing a wither EDH deck, in all honesty forgot about it! Actually taking a note from you and I will be adding Grafted Exoskeleton to my deck. That with my commander Sliver Overlord, It's a lot of poison counters. Also, with Bonescythe Sliver or Hunter Sliver. I can now make them either lose earlier, force an indestructible creature fight it and kill it. Or if Shifting Sliver is in play it's a quick death! Thank you for reminding me! Upvote for you :)
1 year ago
Hello! Great idea for a deck! I like that nothing can stop you from casting creatures! Good way to get them out there. Now I would suggest some cards to keep them in play like Asceticism or something similar. I liked the idea of it so I tested your deck against my commander I'm working on and it just ate at your permanents. I used Harmonic Sliver, Hunter Sliver, Megantic Sliver, and Burning Sands in my first few turns. Which every time I attacked I forced your creatures to fight a stronger one. When that happened, you lost a creature and had to sacrifice a land. I did lose my enchantment and a land in the end but it did far more damage. So all in all, look into not just ways to get cards into play, but also ways to protect them if you're building a deck to play a ton of cards.
Have a good day and game on! :)
Link to my EDH Sliver deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-18-sliver-edh/?cb=1523724253
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
I have being running the standard gw manabase, but with 2 Survivors' Encampment and 1 Crumbling Vestige and i haven't really had any problem with, although I do only run 2 Crypt Sliver and 1 Hunter Sliver, and I am a fan of splashing extra colours, just not to that extreme.
1 year ago
The lack of card tags makes your post hard to read. :(
Chromatic Lantern - I know. When I posted this deck I wasn't sure if I had one available and was with little spare time to check. I do and I will add it.
Swords - Don't have them. Also, I don't think that a sliver deck needs them.
Sensei's Divining Top - That's adding insult to injury. I might add it.
Obelisk is part of the deck since day 1. :P
Coat of Arms - That's a card that fits the "redundancy" type of card. I might (most surely will) add it. I'm just unsure if I should run Coat or Door.
Training Grounds - Unfortunately I don't have a spare one. That's the only reason I'm not using it.
Bribery - None available. Not sure I'd want it in here either.
Amoeboid Changeling - Cute... Just unsure if I prefer that or Unnatural Selection which is on the deck. Ok. Selection can't be tutored and requires 1 mana... And... With Intruder Alarm the Changeling is better. I'm sold on that.
Diffusion Sliver - I prefer Root Sliver.
Clot Sliver - I was considering either Clot or Sedge Sliver. Sedge sounds better but it will have to depend on my ability to produce black mana. I need to playtest to check which I prefer. Sedge takes that slot for now.
Acidic Sliver - It's either this or Cautery Sliver... In a deck that might explode into infinite slivers, I might prefer Cautery.
Hibernation Sliver - It saves slivers, yes. It's on my sideboard from the start. I might add it, yes.
Ward Sliver - Taking the place of Shifting Sliver, yes.
Pulmonic Sliver - Is in right from the start.
Might Sliver - Might very well be added.
Fury Sliver - Bonescythe Sliver is better.
Hunter Sliver - Is on my maybe but am a bit unsure if I want to use it.
Crypt Sliver - Again, Sedge sounds better.
Yes, when you have the whole Magic spells available to you, cutting them to 100 cards (lands included) is a pain! This deck, although trying to make it fun will hardly ever see gameplay. When I show up a sliver deck my group will make a target. So I'll try to make it memorable for the few games where I bring it on. :)
Hunter Sliver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%