|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dark Ascension (DKA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
As an additional cost to cast Headless Skaab, exile a creature card from your graveyard.Headless Skaab enters the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Headless Skaab Discussion
11 months ago
So Here's a few suggestions for you, though the numbers probably won't add up:
What you should take out
Cruel Revival is a very costly kill spell, even if it does return zombies, there are other means of killing creatures and getting more zombies. Drop 2.
Reap the Seagraf Not the best since it's 3 mana for one zombie, and 5 for one more. I'd drop them all.
- Zombie Infestation is just kinda bad. Your draw power is not strong enough to use this too often. Drop them all.
- Undead Alchemist is a weird one. It lets you gain more and more zombies, however, once it's out, you shift gears from damage to mill. If it works for you, it works, but if you really need to drop something, it's this.
- Abattoir Ghoul hits on turn 5, meaning it's likely that another deck will have a way to handle it by then, be it a kill spell or strong blocker. I'd drop them both.
What you should add:
- Call to the Grave is, in my opinion, better than Cruel Revival because it kills an enemy creature every turn, and, unless you become board wiped, it will stay on the battlefield forever. Add 2
- Cemetery Reaper is a little costlier, but is almost a straight upgrade to Reap the Seagraf because it also counts towards the number of zombies that you have.
- Cemetery Recruitment gives you draw power and return power for two mana, or Ghoulcaller's Chant returns two zombies. Add 4 in any combination.
- Drunau Corpse Trawler will give you a blue creature to work with, and can boost your other zombies. Add 2.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead is an AMAZING card. Add 2 more.
- Havengul Runebinder Although not a zombie, this guy seriously boosts what you have, at the cost of returning zombies. Add whatever you feel is appropriate
- Lich Lord of Unx is another pricy card, but it can be a win-condition for you if you play your cards right. If you can, add 4.
- Shamble Back gives you some life and a zombie. pretty nice. Add two or so.
- Grixis Grimblade is a turn 2 zombie that uses blue. You may not get much benefit from its ability, but early game is really important.
- Headless Skaab removes a creature from your graveyard, but it's a very strong blue zombie, which is good for color balance.
So that's all I got. Remember though, that this is your deck, so any and all changes are totally up to you. I have some other advice for general magic, seeing as you're a new player.
- You want as many cards of yours to work with each other as possible, especially in a zombie deck
- When thinking about what cards you have in your deck, think about the mana cost of the card and its abilities. For example, would you rather bring out another creature, draw some cards, or use an artifact's ability.
- Think about your "God Hand." If you could rig your deck to have the perfect hand and perfect order of cards drawn, how strong would you be? If you would be tough to beat, great! If not, find the flaws and fix them.