|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may have target creature you control get +2/+0 and gains haste until end of turn. If you do, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hazoret's Favor Discussion
1 week ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
2 months ago
3 months ago
You have some cool cards in your build Hazoret's Favor seems really good with Alesha, and seems to do a lot of what she wants to do
Cards I would add for:
Ramp: As I said before, Ramp in Mardu is not super easy, but can be achieved to a limited degree with artifacts. Rakdos Signet, Boros Signet, Orzhov Signet All three or any two would do. You already have Sol Ring. I might add a Thran Dynamo or Gilded Lotus. Expedition Map is a must Super cheapened grabs you ANY land. Land Tax is great if you get it in your opening hand or possibly in your first two draws...but after that it's kinda bland. You can decide for yourself, I run it in my Alesha, I think it's worth a spot for sure.
Ashnods alter is great because it gives you mana AND sends creatures to your grave yard for repeated use with Alesha. Sword of Feast and Famine is a HOUSE with Alesha...and in general its an amazing card.
Car draw: You can hit double spots (creatures in the graveyard AND card draw) in red with Wheel effects Wheel of Fortune if you have a budget there are other options, just google red cards with wheel effects. I run Faithless Looting for the flashback. Mentor of the Meek will net you a lot of cards, and of course Skullclamp. One time effects like Sign in Blood and Read the Bones can be strong enough to play in a pinch. You are in black, although as third color, so Necropotence is also an option if your a true black mage! And once again, Key to the City is a triforce of awesomeness with an added on card draw.
Removal: In general you want at least 5 single target removal spells in edh. Although I've found that in Alesha more is better as it sometimes takes a few turns to set up your engine. I would run around 7-9. White is your friend with such amazing staples as Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares toss in some Chaos Warp and Mortify for good measure. Return to Dust is also a must have in W. Creatures with removal plastered to them is great with Alesha. I see you already have the all-star player Duplicant, thats great. I would toss in Necrotic Sliver. Stinkweed Imp is pretty damn amazing, too. it'll block anything and kill anything it blocks, then allow you to drop a bunch of cards into your graveyard.
Hopefully that gives you some ideas...I can tell you what I would cut from your deck, if you want, but I'll leave you with this for now :)
5 months ago
5 months ago
Love it! Will die with rotation though :(
6 months ago
Seems like the deck rides and dies hard by getting a good starting hand. Maybe add more consistency with adding additional effects like Fling is still currently standard legal. Also Skizzik could be a fling target that people wont generally block. Wily Goblin also helps mana accelerate without a Skirk Prospector for a turn three Inferno Hellion.
Other suggestions to make a more rounded deck is you can go one of two options. #1 is a steal and sac outlet deck by adding additional effects like Kari Zev's Expertise, Hijack, Act of Treason, or Captivating Crew to go with your fling and Thud effects. If you need more sac outlets Dark-Dweller Oracle or Hazoret's Favor fit into the deck theme and seem pretty janky.
I would remove Volley Veteran (if you go option 1), Lightning Mare, Fervent Strike to make room for some of the suggestions.
8 months ago
I think it would be better to lean more into the equipments rather than the auras because none of your creatures are Hexproof so its a pretty big hit if they die. Plus, Sram, Senior Edificer is only 1.49$ so you still have a decent amount left even of you splurge for two of them. Than I would down the number of dudes a little but an replace them with equipments. Lastly I don't think Hazoret's Favor means all that much because it would be better in my opinion to get another dude rather than giving one a small bump. I love what your doing though and the format sounds kind of fun.