|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Hallar, the Firefletcher
Legendary Creature — Elf Archer
Whenever you cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, put a +1/+1 counter on Hallar, the Firefletcher, then Hallar deals damage equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it to each opponent.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Hallar, the Firefletcher Discussion
1 month ago
Nevermind, Ninja'd. Do a legendary Kavu (maybe as a soulbond with another Hallar, the Firefletcher card? Just an idea)
3 months ago
I do think Hallar, the Firefletcher has some great build-around options, both in a budget-friendly build, or without. He is unfortunately limited by the number of decent kicker spells out there, but with some Eternal Witness and Temur Sabertooth hijinks, and other nice tools available to green, he has great potential. He is definitely one worth building.
3 months ago
I always thought that Hallar, the Firefletcher had the highest ceiling in terms of unique deck ideas aand cmdr potential :)
4 months ago
EPICSpider23, thank you for the suggestions, as well. I'll address them bit by bit...
Tideforce Elemental does appear that it would be quite helpful. The more I play, I'll see if I need more of that effect, and it may go in. It's added to the Maybeboard for sure.
Lotus Cobra isn't as expensive as it used to be, so I'll consider it, as well. Its just figuring out what to cut.
The other landfall cards are good cards, but I'm not necessarily looking to gain 300 life, so the lifegainers I'll probably pass on (although they would go very nicely in a more landfall-focused build). Guardian of Tazeem has a solid effect, but not sure if I want to wedge that in there. I've got a decent removal package right now, but I'll keep it in mind. I was aware of Tireless Tracker ; I've got a copy I run in a Titania, Protector of Argoth deck. Also a good consideration. At the time of the initial build, it was more than I wanted to pay for a card I didn't have another copy of. Now that I'm fine-tuning, I'm more likely to spend a bit more on a card here and there. The drawfall cards I'm going to pass on; if I switch out too much stuff, then I lose the original theme of the deck with the Moonfolk and land bouncing effects, which I want to keep.
As for the Planeswalkers; I'm not averse to them, I just don't own many of them, and I try to make my initial builds fairly easy on the budget. Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner has a decent static ability and a useful loyalty ability, but I'm not sure she's quite worth a spot in the deck. The others, I just don't have.
Now, on to other matters: I really enjoy the uncommon Commanders, too, and have built around several of them; Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Slimefoot, the Stowaway , and am currently working on a Tiana, Ship's Caretaker build. I'd love to see your Hallar, the Firefletcher build. I like him, and think he's worth a build, but am just curious as to how consistent he is for you, and how you manage the kickers, etc. Looking forward to your reply!
4 months ago
I love the deck, personally I love the uncommon commanders, I've got Hallar, the Firefletcher who is pretty beast as a commander so you have great respect. Now for some suggestions.
- Tideforce Elemental combos off with your Llanowar Scout
- Lotus Cobra is expensive but can help you play heaps
- Jaddi Offshoot and Grazing Gladehart gain you heaps more life
- Guardian of Tazeem I know it's not Mono-blue but I think this would still work with your land bouncing
- Tireless Tracker is such a great card, you may have missed it because it has pseudo-landfall instead of the real thing
- Retreat to Kazandu Very versatile to gain you heaps more life or pump up one of your creatures (or someone else's you never know)
- Horizon Chimera nice little neat creature to keep your life total up
- Oneirophage is new and such a cool card and a meme. Flying is helpful though
Planeswalkers: (Maybe you have something against them which is ok but here's a few)
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner you'll get the creature trigger off every Rampaging Baloths and the untap is great for your lands and scouts. Maybe even consider Kiora's Follower with it?
- Nissa, Vital Force nuff said, great card
- Tamiyo, the Moon Sage draw, Draw, DRAW!!
I don't know what your budget is like (especially with Gaea's Cradle in there) but there's some suggestions that might make your already awesome deck even better. Happy brewing, hope this helps :)
6 months ago
Absolutely agree, PhotogenicParasympathetic! Remade so many times, but nobody does it like the original.
Anyhow, more on topic. Seriously, what can one do with Gruul other than big angry creatures (and apparently some light staxing)? So far I have... a couple ideas.
1) Landfall! The fans love it so it would make sense, and it's a very strong color combo for land ramp. Problem is, Lord Windgrace kinda already stole the thunder on that one.
2) X. ... what? X. Think about it. Red has an abundance of ramp, it has an abundance of hydras, it has Rosheen Meanderer . What more is there to want? Mana ramp and X-spells.
3) Werewolf Tribal. A beloved tribe, but kinda iffy in commander, where your werewolves are practically guaranteed to remain human forever.
4) Kicker?? Back with the mana ramp thing (it would be very helpful with kicker costs), we could also print some cards in the same vein as Hallar, the Firefletcher ! There are a shocking amount of red/green kicker cards, plus fifteen exclusives, plus lands, rocks, and perhaps a couple big-ass creatures for good measure? Seems crazy but it might work.
5) Attack Triggers. A little more typical, yes, but with Grand Warlord Radha , Tana, the Bloodsower , and Xenagos, the Reveler ? That plus some bloodthirst, add some more creatures that trigger effects when they attack or deal damage? Could actually be kinda fun.
6 months ago
Green and red decks are limited for card draw. A few options to consider:
- Reforge the Soul - Pitch the bad, hope for good.
- Wheel of Fate - Takes some setting up because of the delay, but if you don't mind the risk it's worth it.
- Wheel of Fortune - Pricy, but if you can get your hands on it, there isn't much better.
- Runehorn Hellkite - A beater with upside once it dies.
- Harmonize - Basic, but works
- Hunter's Insight - Cast it on any unblocked creature for a decent amount of draw in most cases.
- Sylvan Library - At worst it's a scry.
Fun little Hallar, the Firefletcher combo: Paradox Engine + Cloudstone Curio + 2 creatures with kicker you're able to pay for with non-land mana sources creates a loop for infinite damage with your commander.
6 months ago
I made an EDH deck called Kicker using Hallar, the Firefletcher as the commander. It produces plenty of mana pretty fast when I test it, but I end up running out of cards to play kind of early in the game, so it takes a few more turns than I’d like to get Hallar to really start going off. Anyone have suggestions for cuts I could make to add more card draw? Any feedback is appreciated, but that’s what I believe is the issue in the deck right now. Thanks!
No data for this card yet.