Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield for each creature put into your graveyard from the battlefield this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 3%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.15||$0.3||$1.09||$0.89||0.02 TIX||1.5 TIX|
|Have (18)||Spinalripper , Kravian , travis1643 , orangemysticbird , SomethingRandom , DudeMan1031 , dragonbladeice , Highko , pskinn01 , Arekku , Squillis , fred91097 , ironax , ion000 , maiden77 , miracle , alphaword1283 , logansullivan|
Fresh Meat Discussion
4 days ago
Man I like this deck...Some suggestions:
Jagged-Scar Archers, too many creatures, too powerful
Joraga Warcaller, a pump to all elves
Nullmage Shepherd, use those tokens to destroy things
Voice of the Woods, put even more powerful tokens
Heritage Druid, why not... you can use new tokens to make mana right way
Drove of Elves, another powerful elf for tokens
Beastmaster Ascension, think about it, you can swing with 7(just it) and pump all others
Doubling Season, Another doubling tokens
Garruk Wildspeaker, just came to my mind
Shamanic Revelation, draw you deck
Creeping Renaissance, it has flashback and can recover your elves
Champion of Lambholt, I know this is not a Elf, but it is so powerful with tokens...
Fresh Meat, A way to stay in game after a wipe...
Sorry for the long list and I can only think on green ones, because I more familiar.
1 week ago
I play Temur colors myself, but Green is the color I need most in that deck, so I know a few things. For starters, you should replace Peregrination with Nature's Lore. Peregrination is simply too expensive, and the idea with ramping is to get it done quickly and cheaply. Also, Krosan Tusker has no purpose there except to be cycled for a land. Since you like utility creatures, I would go with something more like Borderland Ranger or Civic Wayfinder. That way, you get a creature and a land for the same price as cycling. Boundless Realms is too much of a late-game card. By turn 7, you should be using that mana to play your big creatures, not get more land. If you want more lands, go with Skyshroud Claim. If you want creatures, go with Ezuri's Predation. When you're spending that kind of mana, it's to make a big play. Blighted Woodland might be good, too. With all this land coming out, you should get Rampaging Baloths.
As for card draw, there's not a whole lot of options, especially on a budget. Sylvan Library is incredible, but out of the question. How about Mirri's Guile? It could replace Dreamstone Hedron, an artifact I used to run that is just too slow. Life's Legacy is a bummer, but works in a pinch while you save up for Regal Force. Better yet, shoot for Garruk, Primal Hunter. Another good one is Soul of the Harvest. A lot of these are probably a little expensive, but I'm just giving you options.
Removal is tough for green. You basically have three options: regenerate it, make it indestructible, or make it hexproof. Asceticism covers two of those options, but is a slow enchantment. Withstand Death and Mending Touch kinda work. While it's expensive, Yavimaya Hollow is wonderful. I'd say just fight fire with fire: Beast Within. And those board wipes? Fresh Meat. Don't like their artifacts or enchantments? Naturalize and Krosan Grip.
I know you wanted suggestions of what to replace with what, and I tried to make some quick ones, but it's really on you. Think about what this deck is good at, and how you can make it better at that while working on the weaknesses. Your average mana cost is really high, which I'd understand if you were playing Eldrazi or Dragons, but you're not. Which cards really get you your mana's worth? Look up a deck called Kamahl EDH by the user Caridis. This deck is where I first heard of Kamahl, and helped me realize I am probably a green player at heart. I wrote A LOT, which I apologize for. I hope at least some of it is helpful. Cheers!
1 month ago
first of all, this deck looks pretty cool, so +1.
I'd like to add a twist to this deck. If you end up facing lifegain decks and getting their health to zero proves to be difficult, then Triumph of the Hordes will be an unexpected win condition for you.
1 month ago
Brass Herald, Elvish Soultiller, Glissa Sunseeker, Skyshroud Poacher, Wirewood Channeler, Shamanic Revelation, Elvish Guidance, Beast Within, Fresh Meat, Bow of Nylea and Quest for Renewal would do great in this deck.
2 months ago
Another suggestion of mine would be Fresh Meat, as it is the perfect response to board wipes.
As for removals; Scour from Existence, Desert Twister, Rootgrapple and/or Bramblecrush could widen your options. They might be rather costy, but from my experience being too cheap in EDH never pays off.
2 months ago
I like the concept of your Deck thus far, but there's lots of room for improvement if you ask me.
Crucial Elves missing:
- Glissa Sunseeker is great Artifact Removal, since she basically does it for free if you have an Outlet for the Mana.
- Wirewood Channeler for obvious Reasons.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald because she's awesome!
- (Nullmage Shepherd could be an Option since you rather lack Removals.)
Non-Elves that come in extremly handy:
- Skyshroud Poacher to fetch the Elf you need at any given time.
- Thunderfoot Baloth acts as a permanent Overrun
- Great Oak Guardian: Instant Speed Boost + Untap = <3
Lands i'd throw in:
- Mosswort Bridge easy to trigger, cheap and fun to play
- Thespian's Stage to get another Cavern, Oran-Rief or Lodge
You could use some Removal:
- Ezuri's Predation is a green Plague Wind, spoiling you with loads of Tokens.
- Krosan Grip to get rid of those nasty artifacts before they are used.
- Beast Within takes care of everything, anytime. The token can be dealt with.
- (Bramblecrush is a weaker Beast Within but still very versatile.)
- (Terastodon if you allow yourself to have such sweet non-Elves in your Deck.)
- (Sylvan Primordial lets you remove stuff AND ramp.)
As with Sexy Time always consider Protection - especially against Wrath:
- Asceticism is plain fantastic!
- Fresh Meat to have you b*tch slap your opponent the turn after a board wipe.
- (Elvish Soultiller 'cause being able to draw those sweet Elves again is better than nothing.)
- (Wirewood Herald get wiped and awarded with an Elf of your choice)
- Boundless Realms ramps you a lot and leaves you drawing mostly nonlands afterwards.
- Shamanic Revelation is a cheaper Collective Unconscious with the possibilty of Life Gain.
- Beastmaster Ascension blows up your Elves sooo good.
- Doubling Season with Tokens and a PW as Commander is strictly the best card you could have!
- Evolutionary Leap to trade in a Tokens for better Creatures.
- (Garruk, Caller of Beasts suits every Creature based green Deck.)
- (Rings of Brighthearth and Thousand-Year Elixir are always great with Elves.)
Now for the Cards i would get rid of:
- Ambush Commander because he allows your enemies to munch your lands. Especially with Board Wipes!
- Arbor Elf, Elvish Mystic and Llanowar Elves. You spawn Tokens that do the same. If you want something similar play Argothian Elder. Otherwise throw in Seedborn Muse and Boundless Realms.
- Dwynen's Elite only gives you one Elf, for once. There's no recursion. Replace with Parallel Lives, Doubling Season or Parallel Evolution and let your Commander do the Rest.
- Elvish Visionary is the same, when it comes to Card Drawal, replace with Shamanic Revelation, Harmonize or Masked Admirers
- Eladamri, Lord of Leaves is risky, because you can't target your own Elves anymore (untap, sacrifice, strengthen, whatever) and if you play against other tribal Elf Decks he's useless. Replace with Asceticism (and Champion of Lambholt).
- Llanowar Mentor because he needs way more Card Drawal than you have to be effective.
- Mul Daya Channelers because you lose the element of surprise and he's far from being as awesome as Oracle of Mul Daya - which is nice to see in the Deck!
- Titania's Chosen doesn't do a thing besides getting bigger - slowly. Replace with Drove of Elves or Champion of Lambholt.
- Wirewood Symbiote is too easy to target and consumes your Elves. Replace with Thousand-Year Elixir, Magewright's Stone, Seedborn Muse or Quest for Renewal.
- Nissa's Pilgrimage is okay, but i like Animist's Awakening more, since it fetches nonbasic Lands as well.
- Concordant Crossroads can backfire extremely. Replace with Akroma's Memorial, or Yeva, Nature's Herald/Vedalken Orrery to flash the Creatures the end step before you need them.
- The same with Coat of Arms. If you play against another tribal Deck, let's say Goblins, Faeries or Slivers it's useless. Replace with Beastmaster Ascension.
- Spidersilk Armor is okay, but Akroma's Memorial is several grades better and gives them flying instead of reach.
- (Elvish Harbinger, yes he fetches an Elf, but at the same time you "waste" your next draw step.)
In general I would make use of your Tokens and the possible huge Mana Base and put in some - Mana wise - more expensive cards. From my Experience I prefer those Cards (e.g. Decree of Pain) over Alternatives (e.g. Damnation) that are widely played in "smaller" Game Modes. You do have more Time and more Mana, use it!
Im curious what you'll have to say about my suggestions!
If you find the time, take a Look at my Rhys - King of the Elves. All. The. Elves. Deck, maybe you'll find some Inspiration.
ps. Prossh - Need some water for that burn?, Brago - Either i'll get to have it or you lose it! and Oona - Out of the blue love Visitors ;)
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all