Fold into AEther
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, its controller may put a creature card from his or her hand into play.
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fold into AEther Discussion
2 months ago
Leviathan tribal. Neat.
Blue has a few cute options for cheating stuff into play - and a 'show and tell' style modern deck sounds fun. AEtherplasm offers a more casual trick. Blessed Reincarnation and Polymorph are traditional. Braids, Conjurer Adept is modern legal.Deathrender is usually better in combos, but functions. Flood of Tears and Fold into AEther are cute if awkward. Quicksilver Amulet is a classic, as is Summoner's Egg. Thran Temporal Gateway can do an impression of quicksilver, but is more restricitve.
Good luck with the brew!
8 months ago
This looks pretty interesting. I'd consider leaning into an entirely colourless package with tron lands, and use Fist of Suns , but the bringers deserve to see the light. There are a lot of 'cheat big stuff' shells out there. Being reanimator is likely the strongest option, and I might try the dice archetype's mana package, to just make a ton of mana. Far from the most fun.
Pentad Prism is used to power out ad-nausiem, and artifact ramp cards offer options.
The unique thing about the big changeling is that he can abuse tribal cards. So go tinker with that.
Call to the Kindred , Preeminent Captain , Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord , Incandescent Soulstoke , Summoner's Egg , Quest for Ula's Temple , Descendants' Path / Leaf-Crowned Elder , AEthermage's Touch , Fold into AEther , Braids, Conjurer Adept , Reason / Believe also works as topdeck control, Call of the Wild / Impromptu Raid , Thran Temporal Gateway Champion of Rhonas , Dubious Challenge , Neoform / Allosaurus Rider , Deathrender , Unexpected Results
2 years ago
Since Naban, Dean of Iteration is illegal, Kaho is definitely top pick for my own deck ideas. I only have store bought EDH decks so far.
Quicken will let you play at the end of opponent's turn.
Back from the Brink will give creatures Flashback. Pretty useful for EDH I think.
Torrential Gearhulk will Flashback any instant. If you equip a low mana exile bounce card you can Flashback your graveyard instants as if they were in your hand. Double up on counterspells. Any creatures that return spells on ETB to hand also become very potent. Imagine tapping Elite Arcanist for 1 colourless each turn and getting back an instant or sorcery due to Archaeomancer. Crazy.
Quicksilver Amulet for gives creatures Flash. Saves on counterspells.
Fold into AEther if given to your commander will let you cast 1 mana spells just to counter. This will let you drop a creature down instantly as if they had Flash for 5 mana. If you can get Elite Arcanist to equip one then you can Flash creatures in regularly.
Other ETB creatures to take advantage of exile bounce triggers. Turns creatures into a reuseable spellbook.
2 years ago
A big ol' +1 for the wonderful theme deck! Always been a fan of Moonfolk.
To the issues you describe in the comments, I have the following suggestions:
- To better search up those essential artifacts, Trophy Mage will help her Trinket and Treasure brothers. She will get you your precious, precious Heartstone and another helpful card I'll suggest later. Tutoring for creatures will be a pain in blue no matter what, so rely on card draw as much as you can. I'd move away from big, single-use draw spells like Blue Sun's Zenith and instead focus on ability-based effects. You've got a fair number of Moonfolk Wizards; maybe Azami, Lady of Scrolls can be of service.
- When you're rockin' a deck as powerful as Moonfolk tribal, people start to get jelly. And when people be jelly, they blow up your stuff. But there's a Vedalken that can help protect your colorless stuff: Padeem, Consul of Innovation. For your creatures...I can't believe I'm about to suggest this... try Tortoise Formation. And when you're done laughing at my poor judgement, the best thing blue can do to prevent destruction is counter, so invest even more in that.
- Finally (and I'm so sorry this has turned into a long comment), I'd like to suggest making some changes to specific cards. Lay Bare isn't doing you any favors. Run literally anything else...okay not Fold into AEther, but other better counterspells. Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, Titan Forge and Lux Cannon just seem to be reasons for others to attack you. As they don't help the overall theme of the deck, I'd look to more relevant artifacts like Rings of Brighthearth, Eternity Vessel, Metallic Mimic, Brass Herald, or Door of Destinies.
3 years ago
- Acquire seems more flavorful than Knowledge Exploitation and Bribery, although the latter is a great card.
- Blatant Thievery would be a great addition.
- Aura Thief might be a little off-flavor considering Tezz focused on artifacts, but could be pretty strong.
- Corrupted Conscience is a great way to quickly kill people with their own bombs.
- Illusory Gains screws around with peoples' turns, and makes it hard for them to resolve their bombs.
- Volition Reins is a second planeswalker stealing Confiscate.
Vedalken Shackles if you can get away with it.
Siren of the Fanged Coast unfortunately names a location in Theros, but luckily it is an easy cut on account of it being awful.
- I'd cut Isochron Scepter, as it only has a single possible imprint target in the whole deck.
- Might want to rethink Torpor Orb as it negates half of your creatures' abilities
- Carry Away and Grip of Phyresis will probably be dead in your hand most of the time since we're playing planeswalkers and no one will be running Voltron.
- Dark Intimations is off color
- Throne of Empires is hella off-flavor, and the whole trifecta is really loose, just to get an active Crown of Empires
- Fold into AEther, I don't get it. Are we hoping that they don't have a creature in their hand? Or are we planning on using it on a teammate to summon a big creature at the cost of two extra cards?
- Seems to be a tap-down sub-theme in here which might need to be cut in favor of more lands. General rule for lands is 40 - (X/2) where X = the number of ramping spells/artifacts.
- You also have 2 Paradox Engine and 2 Confiscation Coup
3 years ago
3 years ago
4 years ago
I have tried to make a deck around Fold into AEther as well. I think Emrakul, the Aeons Torn would be better than the others because it would make you win the game. I used green as well as blue. It allows you to play Sakura-Tribe Elder, Search for Tomorrow, and Mishra's Bauble for a turn three Emrakul.