|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Alara Reborn (ARB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Fight to the Death
Destroy all blocking creatures and all blocked creatures.
Fight to the Death Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
3 months ago
hkhssweiss: Huh, I've always found Mask of Memory to be one of the strongest card advantage engines in the deck in testing. Gilded Lotus is a bit slow, I'll acknowledge, but remember that it's essentially 2 mana overall (it comes in untapped and immediately can be tapped to recover a certain amount of the mana investment). And Fight to the Death probably is one of the weaker links here, but I really love the idea of flashing in Archangel Avacyn Flip followed by Fight to the Death as a surprise (or using it to screw over the Voltron player when they're chump-blocked). And honestly, I'd rather run Grand Abolisher than Tithe Taker here, we'll see :)
RecklessN7: Bounty Agent was one of my most recent cuts actually! I wanted to run it as commander-hate and as a way to flip Avacyn, but it kinda got overshadowed by other things. And as I was cutting most of my self-sacrificing creatures, I ended up cutting Gift of Immortality (it no longer works with most of my options). I really like the idea of this version of the deck so far though!!
Darkshadow327: Your advice has been implemented!
3 months ago
Oh man Daedalus19876, this looks a lot different from when I saw it last. It looks pretty tight.
I would say the weakest cards imo is:
Mask of Memory, honestly its one of the lesser CA engines you have and it's weak compared to the other ones. Gilded Lotus feels inefficient and a bit too slow, I just feel that for a 5 CMC slot should be something worthy. Fight to the Death seems a bit more meta ish but if it works for you keep it.
Hope that helps!
3 months ago
Daedalus19876 The version I’m running only have a few differences but that’s mainly because I don’t have some of the cards available right now. I’m running Tajic, Legion's Edge in place of recruiter of the guard for now. I will say his ability to save your board on an Avacyn transformation has been helpful at times. Being able to save my mother of tunes or selfless spirit for a later activation has saved me a few times already.
Instead of Elspeth, Knight-Errant I’m running Nahiri, the Harbinger partly because I don’t have that Elspeth yet lol but also because I don’t have another Wheel of Fortune for her right now. The looting has helped and my playgroup never seems overly concerned with her so the few time she I’ve gotten her out the tutor has been helpful as well.
I did slot in a bit more removal as well. Mainly because my meta is creature heavy and various voltron decks are already running around that she has to compete with. Fight to the Death has saved me twice now against a Palladia that still had hexproof. Nice to flash in Avacyn to block and use that to kill that monster while she’s still indestructible lol. Also running Wear and Shatterstorm because against my more competitive opponents there is almost always something problematic to deal with.
Artifacts I’m missing some the equips and zero drop mana rocks like Mana Crypt and Mana Vault . I do have an Umezawa's Jitte on the way so that’ll help. I like Hero's Blade as its auto equip trigger has meant the difference between simply blocking with a flashed in Avacyn and killing their creature and turning the tide completely. Also running Fellwar Stone because there is almost always white or red at the table. And Mox Opal because there’s a lot of artifacts so it’s online more often than not.
Don’t know if any of that will help with ideas per say but I’ll definitely be slotting in those two cards from the new set I mentioned before. Tajic and shatterstorm are currently my choices to swap out but I’m undecided as yet.
8 months ago
I want to build a fun deck for my casual 3-4 man play group.
I'm new to MTG so it's a huge time consuming to search for the cards I want (dont get me wrong, it's fun but too much time consuming).
I'm looking for cards that ping damage my opponents and punish them. Cards like Harsh Mentor, Goblin Chainwhirler, Guttersnipe, Metzali, Tower of Triumph. Double damage cards like Insult // Injury and Angrath's Marauders some Planeswalker Chandra cards, but also fun cards like Axis of Mortality for politics, and Fight to the Death, Deflecting Palm to catch my opponents off guard.
1 year ago
Well of Knowledge if you pay a fee we will grant you a bonus card for your draw step
Avenger en-Dal once per turn and only during combat but we got a machine gun of exile attackers
Spiritual Asylum let's buy some time to get ready for battle shall we
Kill Switch holy crud the breya ramp is getting to fast ...HIT THE EMEGENCY STOP QUICK!!!
Detritivore delicious nonbasic land removal that's untouchable and the chances of targets being on the field same odds of finding a cow on a field near a farm
Mana Maze oh that's evil star especially since I'm using it in eldrazi decks with devoid cards wich is a loop hole around this.
Hammer Mage a driver for the street sweeper of artifact cards in play
Volcanic Wind hmmmm only six to do easily atleast 20+ damage to creatures and sweep...amazing
Once a upon a time someone just cast Wrath of God esc card then all the sudden I play Natural Affinity then after resolve I cast Eerie Interlude or Teferi's Protection and either resolve every one surrenders and possible a table flip happens because now it sweeps the lands and creatures excepts mine the end.
Soulquake a board sweep and group hug at the same time sweet
Sages of the Anima and this isn't a Animar staple because?
Fight to the Death hey I also played a all creatures are forced to block a particular creature escape card earlier board sweep for one player
Balancing Act is that what I... IT IS!!!
A LOOP HOLE OF PLAYING Balance !!!
Teferi's Protection your board then they have to sacrifice all the permanents
Well hope you like my stuff might have more in the future
1 year ago
Fight to the Death Kills all my cards too right?
With edh decks having no repeating named cards I do try and repeat as many things I can so it keeps it clearer in my mind what I want to do with the deck.
I think that moving forward with this deck I will put in as many Gustcloak creatures and replace other 3 and 4 drops. Seems like a good way to get Tajic to deal loads of damage and keep card advantage. My deck keeps getting more and more W. Now to decide on a Planeswalker or another legendary like Iroas, God of Victory
1 year ago
Reconnaissance is indeed great. Maybe something like Hammer of Purphoros to enable hasty attacks and an effect like Scourge of the Throne or Savage Beating to get in extra commander damage. Serra's Blessing is a cheap Vigilance buff for all your creatures, and a Cathars' Crusade gets stupid with Assemble the Legion.
No data for this card yet.