|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Avatar
Pay 1 life: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to Ethereal Champion this turn.
Ethereal Champion Discussion
1 year ago
Thinking about something like Ethereal Champion as a Second Chance enabler. Anything in these colors that can help me engineer my life total would do it, but the Champion is Terese Nielsen.Protective Sphere is more the style of the deck, it's an enchantment, has Hanna in the art, and just sounds right, but it costs mana with each use. That being said it might be useful leading up to the combo
Other than these two, I haven't found any white or blue cards that have "Pay 1 life:" in their text. Any suggestions?
1 year ago
Ich schreibe dir morgen (oder vielleicht heute Abend, welche Karten ich rausnehmen wrde und warum.
Jetzt scheie ich dich erstmal mit Karten zu, die mir noch dazu einfallen :D
Kram, der mit deiner Strategie zu tun hat (beinhaltet sowohl shit, als auch geile Sachen):Deepwood Ghoul, Ethereal Champion, Glorifier of Dusk, Greed, Hatred, Lurking Evil, Marrow Bats, Martyrs' Tomb, Mischievous Poltergeist, Necrologia, Plague of Vermin, Souldrinker, Tymna the Weaver, Underworld Connections, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Tree of Perdition, Ajani Goldmane, Ajani, Caller of the Pride, Arbiter of Knollridge, Beacon of Immortality, Celestial Mantle, Oketra's Last Mercy, Invincible Hymn, Serra Avatar, Storm Herd, Chalice of Life Flip, Nightmare Lash, Phyrexian Processor, Well of Lost Dreams
Kram, der unabhngig von deiner Strategie gut ist:Soul of Innistrad, Grave Betrayal, Ogre Slumlord, Vengeful Pharaoh, Sudden Spoiling, Painful Quandary, Ophiomancer, Necropolis Regent, Dread, Murder, Royal Assassin, Silence the Believers, Ever After, Ghastly Conscription, Oblivion Ring, Banishing Light, Journey to Nowhere, Stasis Snare, Windborn Muse, Blind Obedience, Prison Term, Aura of Silence, Profound Journey, Comeuppance, Settle the Wreckage , Stalking Leonin, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves
Bedenke auerdem, dass du nur 5 Karten haben darfst, die ber 2 Euro kosten und achte besonders beim Basteln auf deine Mana-Kurve (nicht zu viele teure Sachen).
2 years ago
You have an absurdly low sorcery-instant count for a deck with Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper as the commander. I think you're at the point where you should consider Medomai the Ageless or Brago, King Eternal as potential commanders.
You also have ton of creatures for a deck with Enduring Renewal.
If you have Mistmeadow Witch, you should be playing Eldrazi Displacer.
Your deck is about 20-22 lands short of being playable.
Staff of Domination is a good way to draw your deck when you have an arbitrarily large amount of mana, and it's a good mana sink even without infinite combos.
Spellbook and Graceful Adept are not worth card slots. Play Expedition Map if you really want a second copy of this sort of effect.
It's a little hard to play Cruel Control when you don't have Cruel Ultimatum.
This seems like the wrong deck for Forced Fruition, which is possibly the best mill spell in the format. You don't really kill by milling people out (unless you're going infinite, which is an entirely different situation), and you don't punish them for drawing cards.
Needs more Mind's Desire, since you have ways to generate an unlimited storm count.
I'm not seeing many ways to abuse all your creatures that untap whenever something enters the battlefield (besides Retraction Helix). You're too light on tutors to be playing cards that are useless outside of a couple specific combos. This also applies to cards like Enchanted Evening.
3 years ago
VesuvanDoppelbanger also happens to be the current best name on tappedout. :P
With the amount of life-total exchanging you have going on here, I'd recommend the following cards that have the ability to pay a single life as the activation cost an ability such that you can just decided to have exactly 13 life whenever you want.
As a bonus, Underworld Coinsmith might be a nice touch because of what this deck is trying to do.
The following are cards I disagree with for this deck.
- Diabolic Tutor: You have plenty of tutor power in this deck already in the form of Demonic Tutor, Diabolic Revelation, Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Rune-Scarred Demon, and Dark Petition. In general, this card is slow to a point that it's probably not worth running. When you're running cards has high quality as Crucible of Worlds, there's no reason to lower yourself to the standards of Diabolic Tutor when you don't have to. Personally, since you have 7 other tutors already and not enough ramp in my opinion, I think that this slot is far better served by being a quality ramp spell. Look towards Explosive Vegetation, Skyshroud Claim, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Khalni Heart Expedition, Explore, Oracle of Mul Daya, and Sakura-Tribe Elder. Wood Elves isn't too bad if you ever consider playing Woodland Bellower too.
- Harmonize: It's just slow. I can't but imagine that cards like these are the reason you'd be getting overrun in the beginning of the game. This card could be a Carpet of Flowers, Exploration, or Burgeoning instead to help lift you above some of the early game threats. I can't stress enough how critical it is to be ramping with this strategy. With all of your X-costing spells, you don't want to be ending paying some bullshit amount for them. You want to be able to flex your arms a bit and have some breathing room. As well, you intend to play cards like Repay in Kind, the casting cost AND activation cost of Soul Conduit, and Reverse the Sands. These cards demand much more ramp than you're currently providing.
- Angel's Grace: I don't necessarily think that this card is needed, if I'm reading into this situation correctly. Imagine the series of events that would need to occur for this card to be needed in this deck. You would have to untap with a Tree of Redemption, exchange your life total with its toughness, cast Repay in Kind at sorcery speed, and then hope to god that no one throughout this next round tries to change their life totals at all by attacking or anything, then on your turn, IF AND ONLY IF you have this card in your hand magically, then you can save yourself from doom. This would be a card I would call "cute." I honestly think that this slot is also better served as a mana ramp spell.
- Constant Mists, Fog, and Holy Day: I understand why you want to play these cards, I think Peacekeeper is so much more on the money. You should probably be running Lightning Greaves to put on him actually. Play cards similar to Peacekeeper like Magus of the Moat and Ensnaring Bridge. They'll attempt to just stop attacking altogether. If you would rather play these instant spells, consider an isochron scepter at least to keep the damage prevention coming.
- Karn Liberated: Not a bad choice I suppose; I mean, it's a Karn after all. But if the only function he really plays in this deck is removal, then I'm not convinced that he's the best choice for that function because he's 7 mana. I wouldn't toss in a card just because it's generally a good card. I would try to add cards that play more towards your deck's motive.
- False Prophet: You're not even playing an instant-speed sac outlet that I can see to make use of this card's ability at any time like Evolutionary Leap or Greater Good. What if you want to blow up the board, and you draw this False Prophet, but can't seem to sacrifice it? Now what? Descend upon the Sinful is alright to accomplish what you're trying to do here, but you could also just play something like Grasp of Fate or Council's Judgment. I would NOT run cards like Plague Boiler, Oblivion Stone, or Perilous Vault though, because that can potentially remove an active Triskaidekaphobia.
- Jareth, Leonine Titan: I really don't see what you see in this card at all. Definitely not a fan. This could be Green Sun's Zenith or Chord of Calling to fetch up a Riftsweeper when you need it, or perhaps an Eldrazi Displacer to both take advantage of your powerful ETB effects like Eternal Witness, Rune-Scarred Demon, and the like as well as flicker an opponent's creature so that they lose the opportunity to attack with it.
- Kor Sanctifiers: Odd choice, really. In most cases I'd just prefer a Reclamation Sage or perhaps a Caustic Caterpillar in situations where the Torpor Orb meta is real. Is Kor Sanctifiers worth an extra mana just for the 2/3 body over Reclamation Sage?
- Mind's Eye: Nice draw power, but ramping is still more important here. Just play another ramp spell.
- Lich's Mirror: Too "cute." Just ramp instead.
- Indestructibility: This card "does" a very strong effect, but four mana for an aura is very sketchy. I'm still more for Lightning Greaves honestly. It's cheaper, stays in play if the creature is answered to protect your next good creature, and even provides haste for Tree of Redemption.
- Unspeakable Symbol: You're probably better off with Mischievous Poltergeist. It doesn't make a huge creature, but it does let you hit exactly 13 life every time, which I feel is more important for your strategy.
- Strip Mine: I like what you're doing with the new The Gitrog Monster, Titania, Protector of Argoth, Life from the Loam, and Crucible of Worlds, but you gotta have the Strip Mine too! Any and all fetch lands, really. Even an Evolving Wilds would be pretty legit with what you've got going here, but Strip Mine is extremely recommended.
- More land drops per turn in the form of Oracle of Mul Daya, Exploration, and/or Azusa, Lost but Seeking. Very powerful with Crucible of Worlds.
- MAYBE Open the Vaults. That's more of whether or not it's your taste.
Good luck with your build.
No data for this card yet.