|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
You may look at an additional two cards each time you surveil.
Exile Enhanced Surveillance: Shuffle your graveyard into your library.
Enhanced Surveillance Discussion
2 weeks ago
thank you for your interesting, I'll write from now on the changes directly in the updates-window. If someone is reading this, I compare this deck with "The Many-Faced God" - [[Primer]]
Enhanced Surveillance performs in this deck very well, because I've put many cards with the Surveil-ability in it. The second ability of this card is also useful in an emergency case like any effect is going to exile all graveyard cards. If those cards go back into the library it isn't the worst, for sure better than getting away from the game. This card is no power-up, but I like it a lot and with many Surveil-cards this enchantment fits in this decks strategy. I don't see this card in your deck, you have a lot of cards to loot cards like Looter il-Kor , Key to the City ,.. and not so much Surveil-cards. In my opinion Enhanced Surveillance needs many Dimir cards with the named ability. This is just a fine difference between our decks, guess it's not worth to skip any other card for this specific one.
Yes, Telepathy is awesome, especially in this control-fancy playstyle. In commander we know that we can't counter everything (and that's for so many reasons really good!) so this helps a lot to get advantage in the game. I recommend this card a lot. It doesn't do anything on it's own, but not only you can see other players hand. Each opponent may get suspicious too when seeing any other opponents cards. I see this card in any deck which has a passive strategy.
In my deck there are of course many possible upgrades, but I'm not interested to rise up the power level to a 9 or 10 of 10. First it's hard to achieve, second those decks have a very strict game plan and last I like to play anything interesting like Thief of Sanity , Mnemonic Betrayal ,... Recently I changed some cards, hope it does work well. One card I try is Dark Confidant over Phyrexian Arena , because of a very low average CMC and the Confidant is in addtion a creature card too.
I'm monitoring your deck as well and I like it as a really good reference. To your question of which cards I'm considering at the moment: Perplexing Chimera , Dimir Doppelganger and Psychic Intrusion . I've put in Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver to force the deck theme in a specific direction.
2 weeks ago
I have a couple of questions for you regarding some of your card choices, because I'm considering adding them to my deck.
How did Enhanced Surveillance perform for you so far? I'm talking about its first ability, because we all know how useful for us its graveyard protection ability can be. Does surveilling two extra cards make a big difference in your experience? I know you are including more cards with surveil than me, so you are getting more value out of it. Actually, my only source of surveil is Lazav himself. Do you still think it would be worth including in my list? I think so, considering also its utility of protecting our graveyard. Surveilling 3 instead of 1 the two or three times that I'm casting casting my general in a single game seems a good deal to me.
Since you are playing with Telepathy , a card that I think is criminally underrated in multiplayer EDH, I would really like to know how effective it is. With an OTK deck, having full knowledge of our opponents hands at all times seems extremely important. It can help you decide which player you want to kill and when. I really like this enchantment, but I have never included it into any of my decks. This seems the perfect place for it. What are your thoughts on it?
2 weeks ago
Hi thom-le and thanks for your kind words!
I've also had a look at your deck and compared it to mine, and they are indeed very similar. I particularly like your inclusion of Enhanced Surveillance , so much so that I'm considering adding it to my deck. The extra surveil on Lazav, combined with the ability to protect our graveyard at instant speed and for free, makes for a really handy tool. Your suggestion of cutting some lands is also something to be considered, although I like to have as much mana as possible with this deck to transform Lazav multiple times.
As far as your specific suggestions are concerned, they are all appropriate. However, with all the draw/discard I have included in the deck, I never find myself casting my creatures. They hit the graveyard by just being discarded, without ever hitting the battlefield. As a result, High Market isn't that necessary and Hibernation Sliver would be slightly worse than Cavern Harpy . If I could afford an extra colourless source, however, the Market would be an easy include due to its great utility (e.g., saving your commander from a Control Magic -type of effect). Mesmeric Orb is something I'm a little hesitant about, due to the random nature of self-milling. You could end up discarding something you need. Pact of Negation is a counterspell I really like, so I will be testing it for sure.
I have a couple of questions regarding some of your card choices, but I will be asking them on your own thread. Thanks again and let me know about any significant changes in your list, because I'm really interested in your ideas. Cheers!
3 weeks ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
2 months ago
2 months ago
Thanks for the suggestion . It is true that the trap works against the creatures growth. Grafdigger's Cage is a card surely to be considered in a lot of match-ups, to avoid never ending legions of zombies, but unfortunately it does not avoid the shuffle effect of Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Day's Undoing or Enhanced Surveillance, which makes all the work milling until then useless.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Nightveil Sprite is indeed a cheap and good addition to this deck. With so much surveiling going on, you might find success with Creeping Chill. When you dump it into the graveyard off of a surveil, it's essentially a free Sovereign's Bite. Also, Enhanced Surveillance may be an interesting addition here. Couldn't hurt to add a few more counters with Essence Scatter, Negate, and Syncopate either. Good luck!
No data for this card yet.