|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Warrior Shaman
Whenever you play a black spell, Emberstrike Duo gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Whenever you play a red spell, Emberstrike Duo gains first strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Emberstrike Duo Discussion
5 months ago
Maybe I'm missing something.
What is the role of
Emberstrike Duo here?
11 months ago
I love the super $2 budget! "sweet fuck all" HAHAHA! XD I think you could make a few swaps.
- Shambling Remains - This should go in for sure!
- Auger Spree - Removal or pump in some situations
- Bump in the Night - I think this should replace Shock
These others are decent, might be worth swapping for something else:
I would also add one more mana so you can do less praying and more smashing face. :)
1 year ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
2 years ago
I really like this deck, I have a similar one that focuses more on spreading -1/-1 counters, which can be viewed here: Withering Hopes. I found Blowfly Infestation pairs extremely well with Crumbling Ashes and if you think you have enough non-wither black creatures like Emberstrike Duo, you could try Corrosive Mentor. +1 from me!