|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever another Elf enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Elvish Vanguard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elvish Vanguard Discussion
3 weeks ago
first wave of cuts: Unbridled Growth does literally nothing in mono-green, Prophetic Prism same reason, Karametra's Favor don't need. also anything that is giving you energy you dont need it. unless you have some pay off for energy there is no point in running those
things to add (this is a long list so obviously just pick things up as you can. also not all of this will fit in but this is all good stuff):Arbor Elf, Allosaurus Rider, Birchlore Rangers, Bow of Nylea, Cultivate, Devoted Druid, Drove of Elves, Druid of the Cowl, Eladamri, Lord of Leaves, Elvish Archdruid, Elvish Champion, Elvish Harbinger, Elvish Mystic, Elvish Promenade, Elvish Vanguard, Everglove Courier, Explosive Vegetation, Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Fyndhorn Elder, Gaea's Herald, Gladehart Cavalry, Glissa Sunseeker, Greatbow Doyen, Green Sun's Zenith, Greenweaver Druid, Gyre Sage, Heritage Druid, Harmonize, Hunting Triad, Immaculate Magistrate, Imperious Perfect, Joraga Treespeaker, Joraga Warcaller, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Mentor, Lys Alana Bowmaster, Lys Alana Huntmaster, Masked Admirers, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Norwood Priestess, Nullmage Shepherd, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Priest of Titania, Realm Seekers, Reclamation Sage, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary, Tajuru Preserver, Talara's Battalion, terrastodon, Thornweald Archer, Titania's Chosen, Viridian Shaman, Wellwisher, Wildslayer Elves, Winnower Patrol, Wirewood Elf, Wren's Run Packmaster, Yeva, Nature's Herald
(takes giant breath)
yeah.. its a lot of stuff. I got a little carried away.. also this is not a budgeted list of suggestions. you will need some of the $3-10 cards to make elves a serious threat.
1 month ago
Once again, thanks for the advice and sorry for the wait.
PS: I actually added your version of the deck to my folders to compare and so on.
1 month ago
I agreed with adding x4Manamorphose, I really really like them, In my opinion its kinda playing with 56 cards, would definetely run the full playset in "any" greend or red deck.
And about the Fireball idea, I love the idea, might add a few in the side and/or main deck, to have an alternative win condition, since its not so expected.
Sorry for the long wait. I really wanted to coment both of you sooner and definitely would appreaciate more tips coming from you. See you later.
1 month ago
looks good, some things to consider. run 3Elvish Mystic, 3Llanowar Elves and 2 Fyndhorn Elves this helps against Echoing Decay. also cut 1Sylvan Ranger and 1Elvish Visionary for 2Elvish Vanguard. the one island is not as much of a problem as you think the Birchlore Rangers rely help this.
3 months ago
I would suggest these cuts:
- Craterhoof Behemoth - You don't need the behemoth. Your general's ability used twice is almost as good. Better to put complimenting effects in the deck rather then effects that mirror your general.
- Drove of Elves - boring, just a big dude
- Thunderfoot Baloth - not an elf, the trample is meh since your general gives trample, and the anthem effect is ok, but you already have 7 and your general gives +3 +3
- Green Sun's Zenith - great for once you have built the deck and want to improve it. Add it later.
- Worldly Tutor - great for once you have built the deck and want to improve it. Add it later.
- Lead the Stampede
- Shamanic Revelation
- Skullclamp is draw but might not be good since your creatures won't die reliably due to anthem effects
- Elvish Vanguard is just a dude that gets big - not exciting
- Titania's Chosen is just a dude that gets big
- Joraga Treespeaker is fun, and can be strong, but probably too slow if you want the deck to be fast
3 months ago
Ahhhh, I love me some Elvish fun.
First thing I would do is drop 8 Forest and add 4 Elvish Mystic and 4 Llanowar Elves. I don't think your Allosaurus Rider will notice the lower land base. Plus it will help trigger your other stuff like Elvish Vanguard , Heedless One , Jagged-Scar Archers and give fodder to tap to activate Voice of the Woods without much worry.