|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Kicker 5 (You may pay an additional 5 as you cast this spell.)
Put a 7/1 red Elemental creature token with trample and haste onto the battlefield. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step. If Elemental Appeal was kicked, that creature gets +7/+0 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elemental Appeal Discussion
6 months ago
I'm trying to make a Brion Stoutarm commander deck and had a question about sacrificing.
If I have a Runaway Carriage, and I attack/block with it,(and it lives), can I sac it to Brion AFTER combat damage but BEFORE the "end of combat" sac effect?
10 months ago
- Quest for Pure Flame (building it up is really easy and busting it makes Purphoros even scarier for a turn)
- Firecat Blitz (cast it the first time to take someone out an flashback it to end the rest of the table)
- Elemental Appeal (9 mana for 14 damage after someone has cleared the board isn't too shabby)
- Grinning Ignus<- please add this ( + to get it started, for each time you want to do it again and you have a neat mana dump for Purphoros)
- Emrakul's Hatcher (nets you 4 creatures and mana refund)
- Skittering Invasion (same idea, with Purphoros out it's a neat 10 damage spell that offers mana refund)
- Orochi Hatchery (dump some mana in it and you are good to go)
- Trading Post for the goats mostly
- Spawning Pit recycling tokens is good for the environment.
- Portcullis locks the battlefield with 2 creatures total (note that it still allows ETBs to happen before exiling the cards, so it basically works as a shell until someone destroys it... and you get the ETBs once more)
Clear a board
- Magmaquake (boardwipe at instant speed... requires a lot of mana, but it shouldn't be too hard)
- Sudden Demise (allows you to get rid of those pesky hexproof shenanigans)
- Boompile (unreliable? Yes. But scary nevertheless. Might stop/slow down people from building up a mighty boardstate)
- Dormant Volcano (neat artwork, nice effect)
- Khalni Gem allows you to replay 2 lands (consider it a 2 mana investment since it costs 4, but gives 2 back immediately)
- Burnished Hart is underrated.
- Choose three: Hedron Archive, Commander's Sphere, Mind Stone, Worn Powerstone, Sol Ring
- Hoarding Dragon (4/4 flying for isn't bad. And if/when it dies you get the treasure)
- Staff of Nin (an old favorite of mine and allows you to ping some damage)
- Avaricious Dragon (just don't cast it when you have a full hand and you should be fine with a 4cmc 4/4 flyer and some extra draw)
- Loreseeker's Stone (drawing 3 for ~ is quite good)
What I don't like/What to cut
- Dragon Mage
- Goblin Chirurgeon (you'd be better off with a
- Goblin Sharpshooter
- Goblin Warchief (cost reduction part is fine, but he isn't all that useful otherwise)
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser (i don't see you dealing with combat damage all that much)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is great, really, not indispensable for its price.
- Knollspine Dragon (IMO it's a terrible card for its mana cost and effect... and 4+USD? WTF)
- Magus of the Wheel
- Lightning Crafter
- Warchief Giant (yes, myriad is great, but he's so fragile...)
- Anger of the Gods (great card... in other formats)
- Mana Geyser (temporary mana isn't that good unless you have some place to dump it...)
- Goblin Bombardment isn't good enough
- Possibility Storm (? Is it there just as a disruption tool?)
- Battle Hymn (same thing as mana geyser. Even worse considering it depends on you having at least 3 creatures to generate any mana)
- Seething Song
- Smash to Smithereens (the damage is neglectable IMO. I'd rather go with Smash simply because it draws you a card back)
- Elixir of Immortality (is this even necessary here?)
- Vedalken Orrery also not needed IMO
1 year ago
1 year ago
Be a terrible person with Buyback, Flashback, and all their friends! Mizzix reduces the cost of all alternate casting costs. (Also reduced Awaken, but I didn't include anything with that, because I know how much a fan you are, and I think you have most the good Overload)
Buyback:Capsize, Reiterate, Spell Burst, Whispers of the MuseFlashback:Lightning Surge, Cackling Counterpart, Devil's Play, Fervent Denial, Increasing Vengeance, Past in Flames, Recoup, Volley of BouldersKicker:Elemental Appeal, Illuminate, Into the Roil, Jilt, Molten Disaster, Spell Contortion
Denying Wind, Searing Wind, Insurrection, Temporal Trespass, Volcanic Vision, Aether Gale, Crush of Tentacles, Fall of the Titans, Mindswipe, Counterlash, Izzet Cluestone (and other colored mana generation), Reality Shift, Fissure, Rapid Hybridization, Pongify, Comparative Analysis, Tezzeret's Gambit, Mirrorpool, Scour from Existence, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, All Is Dust, Mnemonic Wall, Archaeomancer, Izzet Chronarch also feel free to look at Niv's counterspell list.
Seal of the Guildpact, Artificer's Epiphany, Mystic Confluence, Repeal, Thirst for Knowledge, Meteor Blast, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, Barrin, Master Wizard, Broodbirth Viper, Dragon Mage, Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Gigantoplasm, Illusory Ambusher, Lone Revenant, Warchief Giant, Rite of the Raging Storm, Thopter Spy Network, Thought Reflection
1 year ago
I like this deck, it's really refreshing to see a solid budget build, instead of all these Naya Tier 1 ones. You could improve your deck with spending not too much more on it.
Since your deck runs some cards which cost more than 2, 16 lands is a little too few, I think. I'd run about 18.
I think Elemental Appeal is a bit too costy for such deck, even if you increase your land count.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Nice deck! I've made a mono red elemtal deck myself and maybe I have some suggestions that might help you.I dont really like Crackleburr. They only way it can kinda work is if you only have / multicoloured elementals. Sure you have Nivmagus Elemental and Shrewd Hatchling, but i still think that there are better cards than Crackleburr. Shrewd Hatchling Is not the best creature either, there are better options if you want something that can deal direct damage. Cards I woul suggest are: Lightning Bolt, and maybe Artful Dodge but thats a very situational card. Elemental Appeal is also nice, but might be hard to pull off in a multiucoloured deck.If you want to go for the aggro route some really strong elementals are: Ball Lightning and Hellspark Elemental. Some very strong elementals that you might want to look into in general are: Incandescent Soulstoke and Nova Chaser.Incandescent Soulstoke works well with Thunderblust since you can immedeatly use its persist effect and give it trample after 1 turn. If you want to go more for the instant/sorceries route then togheter with Shrewd Hatchling and Nivmagus Elemental (and maybe Lightning Bolt andArtful Dodge) you might want to consider Kiln Fiend.
Hope this helps!