Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Daily Regimen Discussion
1 month ago
1 year ago
- Thank you very much for the great compliment! This deck is my pride and joy and I try to work hard on it so its very nice to have that work recognized.
- Thank you for the compliment! It is surprising how broken a single color deck with a vanilla creature as its Commander can be. Regarding umbras, I would love to add more of them to the deck but their CMC is usually too high for the utility. If WOTC prints cheap umbras in new sets they will likely find their way into the deck.
- Great name and thanks for the love! Despite its restrictive nature, O-Naginata has been a powerhouse in this deck. I greatly enjoy Loxodon Warhammer but its equip cost is just too expensive!
- Another great name! While Gauntlet of Power does help our opponent I find the cheaper CMC is better unless our opponent is running a white weenies deck. Daily Regimen was actually in early versions of this deck until it got streamlined and better cards were printed. Getting to pump with leftover mana each turn is a great effect!
- I am not sure what you mean by "hard counters" but we have protection against counters with Cavern of Souls and a counter of our own. Its not much but our best strategy is to race in those kind of matches.
- I have not heard about that errata but I believe it to be true. Maybe that is why the Winter Orb was banned in 1v1 MTGO Commander ;)
- Early version of this deck did run Eldrazi Conscription as well as Enduring Ideal to tutor it up and attach it for only seven mana. While it resulted in some truly epic wins with an, often, Eldrazi Angel Hound it was dropped when the deck was streamlined. I miss those days sometimes.
- Thanks for the compliment! I will take a look at your deck and let you know my thoughts.
2 years ago
Not bad! May want to change to EDH type and you have to add your landbase. I'd suggest 36 lands, so you'll need to cut a few others.
3 or less CMC value cards to consider ( not auto-includes, just value to consider )
Blessing of Leeches lose 1 life on your upkeep, unlimited regenerate creature. Too powerful not to include.
Asha's Favor Vigilance, First Strike
Aspect of Gorgon +1/+3 and Deathtouch
Cartouche of Ambition Lifelink and a -1/-1 counter on a creature of your choice.
Awesome Presence Offensive version of Propaganda.
Cho-Manno's Blessing Protection from colour of choice. Good for preventing damage and becoming unblockable.
Chromatic Armor Protection from colours of choice on the fly for mana.
Cloak of Mists Unblockable
Crab Umbra Pay 3 mana to untap Zur and it has totem armor.
Curiosity Draw cards when Zur deals any damage.
Daily Regimen 2 mana to put a permanent +1/+1 counter on creature as many times as you want.
Daybreak Coronet Bit more expensive, but 2 mana, +3/+3 first strike, vigilance and lifelink.
False Demise Cheat death once.
Glistening Oil infect for 2 mana.
Infinite Authority punishes opponents and rewards you with +1/+1 counters if they attack or block you.
Kithkin Armor 1 mana unblockable by power 3 or greater and sac the aura for prevention of damage to zur from one source
Pemmin's Aura On demand 1 mana shroud for turn and 1 mana to untap zur
Pretender's Claim tap down all lands defending player controlls
Sadistic Glee +1/+1 counter every time any creature dies.
Shade's Form Pay 1 black as many times as you want to give creature +1/+1 until end of turn and when creature dies, return it to the battlefield under your control.
Skeletal Grimace +1/+1 and pay 1 black to regenerate this creature.
Sleeper's Robe Fear and draw a card when you deal combat damage
Strange Augmentation +1/+1 base, potentially +3/+3 for one mana if you have a few different types of cards in your graveyard.
Sultai Runemark +2/+2 deathtouch
Traveler's Cloak Draw a card and Zur gets landwalk for a land type of your choice.
Triclopean Sight Untaps Zur, gives him +1/+1 and vigilance.
Unholy Strength 1 mana +2/+1
auto-includes:Pariah Save's your ass. Pair with indestructability to ignore damage.
Auramancer's Guise +2/+2 for each enchantment. Very overpowered.
Entangler Zur can block all the creatures.
Righteous Authority Esper has +1/+1 buff problems. This will buff Zur significantly and give you additional card draw. With blue and black in your arsenal, card draw shouldn't be a problem.
Sage's Reverie Big +1/+1 buff and big card draw. Play late to mid game to turn Zur from a wimp into one shot killer.
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
The deck should play way more consistently now.
3 years ago
Sage's Reverie gives you more buffing and draw.
Daily Regimen mana dump for later.