|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature (Target a creature as you play this. This card enters the battlefield attached to that creature.)
Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, its controller loses 3 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Contaminated Bond Discussion
1 month ago
Here are some ideas for the defensive options you mentioned:
For this type of deck, Exsanguinate can be another good aggressive card / finisher.
There are a couple cards that I would consider removing:
4 months ago
I'm guessing a theme deck is probably going to be a little casual. Just brainstorming here...
5 months ago
Sagarys well one card I really like in black is Blood Reckoning then there are cards like Nettlevine Blight or the cheap version of that: Brink of Disaster to slow your opponent/destroy their resources or play stuff like Contaminated Bond to stop small creatures early on...
Hope that helps a bit
10 months ago
So, for starters, I'd definitely take out Akroma's Memorial and either sell that bad boy or put it in literally any creature-focued EDH deck that you have, because all the keywords in the world will still only make your Stuffy Doll a 1/1. I'd also take out Assault Formation, since it only affects 4 of your creatures (and even then, it's negligible gain). Also, I'd nix Crawlspace since it defeats the purpose of Nightly Hunting. Gravity Well is redundant if you draw more than 1, so I'd just keep 2 copies.
To put in: Lust for War, Contaminated Bond, Contaminated Ground, Nettling Curse, Sinister Possession, Visions of Brutality, Goblin Diplomats. I'd put in Jaddi Offshoot or any Black creature with lifelink (Gifted Aetherborn? Vampire Cutthroat?) if you're concerned about Burn. I know your deck doesn't include B, but having those Auras will help you accelerate victory (honestly, you almost could take out all of the G cards in this deck).
Hope this helps! Mention me if I can clarify or otherwise be helpful.
1 year ago
@Ubbo_Sathla Thanks a lot for the suggestions! glad you like the idea of it, I physically cant wait to play it!
Those additions sound pretty good to me, Last Caress, Contaminated Bond and Reave Soul were more in there for space fillers than anything else, but I did not know that Viper's Kiss existed, that seems like an instant addition to me!
1 year ago
As far as suggestions go, I can't help but feel that your land count is a bit low - I tend to stay around the 37 mark. I noticed that you're a bit sparse on draw spells, and black gets some of the best draw pauper has to offer; I run Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Succumb to Temptation, Phyrexian Rager, and Read the Bones in my own list.
Three cards in your list that seem a bit underwhelming to me are Last Caress, Contaminated Bond, and Reave Soul. The former seems too minor an effect, even with the cantrip. The Bond is a cool card, but most of the time I think it's a better idea to remove the threat entirely (if you dig the "slow drain" theme, I think the Contaminated Ground in your maybeboard would be better in this slot.) For myself, the sorcery speed of Reave Soul makes it less appealing - maybe something like Wring Flesh, Spinning Darkness, or Tendrils of Corruption would be worth considering? I also dig Viper's Kiss as "utility" removal.
Great deck, though! Pauper EDH is my new favorite format, as it tends to feel more like 'oldschool' magic.
1 year ago
I don't like the ideals because getting one enchantment out each turn for the rest of the game isn't as good as being able to play spells when you want to. Other suggested cuts are:
- Enduring Ideal
- Silent Sentinel (seems good but it's always too slow)
- Starfield of Nyx (nombos with Karmic Justice and just opens your enchantments up to removal against opponents who otherwise can't handle them)
- Aegis of the Gods does do everything, not even useful as a blocker, and you already have Leyline
- + unless you are going to add a consistent sac outlet for them like Infernal Tribute
- Contaminated Bond
- Flickerform is cute but you didn't have any trouble being monarch so I would cut it for now.
Things to add (pending budget of course, but you did just buy a foil italian Damnation):
- Lightmine Field deters attacking en masse at all instead of just taxing it
- War's Toll for obvious fuck-you-blue reasons
- + , don't try to be cute, everybody who isn't playing green needs these cards.
- Thran Dynamo couldn't hurt either
- Sword of the Animist! is now basically the best ramp card for all non-green decks! It's essentially a repeatable Cultivate!
- Phyrexian Reclamation so you can reuse your Monk Idealist and Auramancer
- The Soul Sisters (Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, maybe even Blood Artist), yes I know you're doing enchantress but you are hurting everyone a lot and you need to have more ways to stay ahead of what is currently symmetrical damage.
- + maybe
1 year ago
False Cure is unplayable. Dark Petition will meet your needs each and every time. Don't overlook the fact that it will find and cast Tainted Remedy most of the time.
Contaminated Bond is also unplayable. I see that you need it for Refreshing Rain, but Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is leagues better in that role. Also, by putting that function into a land slot, that frees up a spell slot for things like Healing Leaves.
One Stream of Life could be fun, too.
Reverent Silence is not not an option. Sure, it destroys Tainted Remedy, but if your opponent is under seven life that doesn't matter. Not something I would recommend, but food for thought.