|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature (Target a creature as you play this. This card enters the battlefield attached to that creature.)
Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, its controller loses 3 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Contaminated Bond Discussion
1 month ago
@Ubbo_Sathla Thanks a lot for the suggestions! glad you like the idea of it, I physically cant wait to play it!
Those additions sound pretty good to me, Last Caress, Contaminated Bond and Reave Soul were more in there for space fillers than anything else, but I did not know that Viper's Kiss existed, that seems like an instant addition to me!
1 month ago
As far as suggestions go, I can't help but feel that your land count is a bit low - I tend to stay around the 37 mark. I noticed that you're a bit sparse on draw spells, and black gets some of the best draw pauper has to offer; I run Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Succumb to Temptation, Phyrexian Rager, and Read the Bones in my own list.
Three cards in your list that seem a bit underwhelming to me are Last Caress, Contaminated Bond, and Reave Soul. The former seems too minor an effect, even with the cantrip. The Bond is a cool card, but most of the time I think it's a better idea to remove the threat entirely (if you dig the "slow drain" theme, I think the Contaminated Ground in your maybeboard would be better in this slot.) For myself, the sorcery speed of Reave Soul makes it less appealing - maybe something like Wring Flesh, Spinning Darkness, or Tendrils of Corruption would be worth considering? I also dig Viper's Kiss as "utility" removal.
Great deck, though! Pauper EDH is my new favorite format, as it tends to feel more like 'oldschool' magic.
7 months ago
I don't like the ideals because getting one enchantment out each turn for the rest of the game isn't as good as being able to play spells when you want to. Other suggested cuts are:
- Enduring Ideal
- Silent Sentinel (seems good but it's always too slow)
- Starfield of Nyx (nombos with Karmic Justice and just opens your enchantments up to removal against opponents who otherwise can't handle them)
- Aegis of the Gods does do everything, not even useful as a blocker, and you already have Leyline
- + unless you are going to add a consistent sac outlet for them like Infernal Tribute
- Contaminated Bond
- Flickerform is cute but you didn't have any trouble being monarch so I would cut it for now.
Things to add (pending budget of course, but you did just buy a foil italian Damnation):
- Lightmine Field deters attacking en masse at all instead of just taxing it
- War's Toll for obvious fuck-you-blue reasons
- + , don't try to be cute, everybody who isn't playing green needs these cards.
- Thran Dynamo couldn't hurt either
- Sword of the Animist! is now basically the best ramp card for all non-green decks! It's essentially a repeatable Cultivate!
- Phyrexian Reclamation so you can reuse your Monk Idealist and Auramancer
- The Soul Sisters (Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden, maybe even Blood Artist), yes I know you're doing enchantress but you are hurting everyone a lot and you need to have more ways to stay ahead of what is currently symmetrical damage.
- + maybe
10 months ago
False Cure is unplayable. Dark Petition will meet your needs each and every time. Don't overlook the fact that it will find and cast Tainted Remedy most of the time.
Contaminated Bond is also unplayable. I see that you need it for Refreshing Rain, but Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is leagues better in that role. Also, by putting that function into a land slot, that frees up a spell slot for things like Healing Leaves.
One Stream of Life could be fun, too.
Reverent Silence is not not an option. Sure, it destroys Tainted Remedy, but if your opponent is under seven life that doesn't matter. Not something I would recommend, but food for thought.
1 year ago
Calinours, it depends on what you want to do. Theros minotaurs have such great synergy that I wouldn't recommend running a bunch of creature enchantments to buff them. That being said, Goblin War Paint and Unholy Strength will make your already solid minotaurs even better. I'd go for cheap ones like that since minotaurs are a little expensive to cast. The enchantments I run are purely there to slow down my opponent. If they don't play black, I can ruin a few of their lands with Contaminated Ground and smile as they set them aside to only use in desperate situations. If they do play black, I swap those out for Contaminated Bond or Stab Wound to make their best creatures their worst. The average minotaur costs 3 mana, so those 1 and 2-mana enchantments really save me until I can start playing stuff.
The best ones to me, though, are the board enchantments. I would recommend getting a full set of Impact Tremors. That card is much better than its price, especially if you're playing a lot of creatures/tokens. This one might be too old for Modern, but Goblin War Drums could do wonderful things, as well as Raiders' Spoils if you play minotaur warriors. My deck's biggest weakness is card draw, so if I had a Phyrexian Arena or two, I would not run Read the Bones or Sign in Blood. Whatever you do, keep it cheap! You want most of your mana to go towards playing minotaurs. I hope this helps.
1 year ago
So I have plenty of time to put on the table my minotaurs. Especially if I use Lightning Bolt, but I've tried to play Kragma Warcaller, but I never have to to get him out of my hand, so I've put him back on the "may be" list.