|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell.
Investigate 3 (To investigate, put a colourless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||Lindough , Regulus1010 , zn.tportlock , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , GoldGhost012 , Wazerwifle , RPG_FOX , gildan_bladeborn , Tyrantsblood , , Spinalripper , duff87 , admizell , LegendDeer , Fineontheoutside , TheAnnihilator , mziter501 , Va1mar , firemind12 , ForeverLoading... , golgarigirl , Wolfebladeelite , The_Grape , bakeraj4 , saj0219 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Riku580 , Famicomania|
|Want (6)||Gryffix , Dr_Doomtrain , zn.tportlock , higgybaby , CaptianClueless , cybertop|
Confirm Suspicions Discussion
1 month ago
Nathanaiel, I have had a look at some investigate and other artifact token generating cards (not many, mainly treasure from ixalan). And my best option seems to be Trail of Evidence, which generates card advantage and clue tokens, which both seem like good options for my deck. I will have a think to if I want to add this or not later, and what would come out for it.
1 month ago
So here is something I very quickly threw together: Temur Emrakul
It is MUCH more expensive as you are pretty much forced to run fetches (specifically green ones for dryad arbor) in three colors. I haven't tested it yet, but I might get around to it today. I might think about switching the fetches to Wooded Foothills, as the main restrictive card is Indomitable Creativity with triple red.
In terms of investigate cards, since this obviously can't run Tireless Tracker (duh), I found that Root Out is probably one of the better ones. Some other ideas include way overcosted counterspells like Confirm Suspicions. Ongoing Investigation may be worth it, but to activate it we need tokens which essentially eliminates us needing more tokens to sacrifice.. so..
I¨ve decided that Trail of Evidence is probably good, especially with the massive amount of cantrips my build is running, and I believe it's an improvement over mainboard Drake Haven (for the temur build).
2 months ago
By any means, Wizard's Retort should be strictly better than Disdainful Stroke in your deck. When it comes to your maybeboard Cursecatcher, Spell Pierce and Syncopate don't seem like they deserve inclusion as the "paywall" they give your opponent isn't really relevant in a commander game where everyone has an abundance of mana; the only "paywall" counter that might be worth it could be Censor as it serves the early game utility purpose, but can cycle when it becomes irrelevant in the late. Aside from that Delay seems kinda bad and Muddle the Mixture might not be worth it, unless you're looking for something specific. I would imagine there isn't much of a difference between Unwind and Negate in your deck, so the former might just serve a better purpose. I reckon you can rethink Desertion as it is basically a Mind Control that is devastatingly situational for the same cost; if you already want to get rid of the MC, you might as well give the boot to this thing. That would open some really good space for Force of Will. I also think it's pretty easy to replace Confirm Suspicions with Pact of Negation. If you're looking to play Mana Drain, I also suggest Spell Swindle for the flexibility. I think the weakest remaining link in your counters base should be Dissolve, after that you can side out an exile counter if you're looking for space, starting from Faerie Trickery.
Lemme know if you want more suggestions, cause I've already written a wall of text, and I don't wanna flood your comment section :DD
4 months ago
5 months ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
6 months ago
Sideboard Celestial Purge. rip my dick