|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell.
Investigate 3 (To investigate, put a colourless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Lindough , MythicMeadow , Regulus1010 , zn.tportlock , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , GoldGhost012 , Wazerwifle , RPG_FOX , Wolfebladeelite , Va1mar , Psycheretic , gildan_bladeborn , The_Grape , LegendDeer , TheAnnihilator , saj0219 , Tyrantsblood , , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , duff87 , philktoken8998 , mziter501 , firemind12 , bakeraj4 , Mortiferus_Rosa , golgarigirl , Riku580 , Famicomania|
Confirm Suspicions Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
3 months ago
Sideboard Celestial Purge. rip my dick
5 months ago
You should toss in some more counter magic. It kinda sucks to suspend say Swarm Intelligence just to get it countered in 4 turns. Things like Counterspell Dissolve even like Confirm Suspicions will help some with that. I really like Tamiyo's Journal in edh too, tends to get left alone as more threatening things are on the board and you get draw from it.
5 months ago
So I recently built a Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind deck as well, but mine is more focused on combos than control. Looking at your deck gave me a few ideas for my deck (I plan on adding Molten Psyche and Serum Visions soon), so maybe looking at my deck will help? Anyway, a few suggestions:
Foil is a great budget Force of Will.Dismiss is fantastic in Mizzet, since you counter a spell and draw a card (Arcane Denial works too, but you help your opponent as well).Forbid can be really powerful once you get your draw engine up and running.And Confirm Suspicions effectively reads as counter target spell, draw three cards once you've hit late game.
Hope I was useful to some degree!
6 months ago
Hey, great cube! In your introduction, you talked about u/g being weak. In Shadow over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon the U/G archetype was the "clues" deck with all of the investigate cards.cards such as Daring Sleuth Flip & Briarbridge Patrol, & Byway Courier, also Confirm Suspicions, (I dont like that one, would rather you have Confront the Unknown).
7 months ago
Again, thanks for the feedback. The deck doesn't have the tightest budget, but I really couldn't run more than one Misty Rainforest. I decided on Inventors' Fair less for the lifegain and more to get out a Tamiyo's Journal as early as possible, one of the core cards. Lorescale Coatl is a really good suggestion too, as the card seems to work against its self. I'm not convinced on Confirm Suspicions as most clue decks dont leave enough mana to play it once the turn is done but I might try it out. Again, thanks for the comment, every improvement counts.