|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vedalken Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only Beamsplitter Mage, if you control one or more other creatures that spell could target, choose one of those creatures. Copy that spell. The copy targets the chosen creature.
Beamsplitter Mage Discussion
5 months ago
I love the idea of going Jeskai and bringing in Beamsplitter Mage , +1 for that. I do, however, think that Feather requires more instant pump spells than creatures to really get the combinations running. I have built a version of this deck, based largely on your deck. See what you think of Jeskai Feather M
6 months ago
Looks pretty solid, i dunno if 4 of adeliz is too much tho, id suggest trying Beamsplitter Mage
11 months ago
I'm not a big fan of Unwind, with the deck you have, you want to be agressive like a madman. Even if it's kinda "free" to cast, I would prolly just run Negate over this in the mainboard. ( Wizard's Retort is also amazing here )
I had a lot of fun meming with Beamsplitter Mage in this deck. But I played both maximize card in 4-of.
The suggestions I made earlier was for all the Adeliz-Wizard-Burn deck, but you can run many many version of it I think :
- Something like you do, should be stable and decent against many many things.
- Going full aggro mode, you drop anything that doesn't cost 1 ( except Lightning Strike ) and every wizard that doesn't deal damage with an etb or grow by itself.
- You could even try something with Experimental Frenzy I think !
- More memes with Thud ?
- The ratio of creatures can also change between decks.
I don't feel like there is ONE and only ONE good version. Try the one you have right now and modify it through time !
1 year ago
Hey there !
1 year ago
How about something like Maximize Altitude or Maximize Velocity? They are cheap spells that work perfectly with Beamsplitter Mage, and the fact they can be jump-started (recast) at such low costs can make for a huge buff/attack for relatively low mana investment.
1 year ago
Legendary_penguin_of_death i will definetly test this setup and let u know. I love tribal setups but in this case what i really want to be the core element of the build is the Beamsplitter Mage so it's not all that important as long as i stay true to my original thought. Great input nonetheless and i intend to test it out straight away. ' What are your thoughts on tricolor and get some white in? there are some quite neat buffs there. - also the Runaway Steam-Kin has proven itself over and over tbh, should i still replace with Ghitu?
mikexbustillos i have been testing quite a lot and the biggest success was as earlier mentioned here the runaway steamkin. But overall the deck has performed poorer since moderating it, might be just random. Not enough sample games to measure. Still curious about both of ur thoughts on White
Also a thought for was The Legion Warboss?
1 year ago
mikexbustillos i encountered the exact same issues in the games i didnt quickly win. to my great sadness i realized Gravitic Punch and my <3 Beamsplitter Mage did not sync. Cosmotronic wave is great, and Firemind's Research is definetly going to be tested. Experimental Frenzy and Runaway Steam-Kin are definetly options, i was just hoping i could somehow turn this into a tribal affair, either by banan, uhm, i mean naban or something else.
I will continue testing and keep u posted! cheers!
1 year ago
I tested a couple games just now. There are a couple problems that I see.
1) Your entire gameplan is based on Beamsplitter living. Unless you can always have a Dive Down in hand, and always leave mana up to be able to play it, this game plan is super vulnerable to removal. And almost every deck plays removal.
2) There are only 6 actual win conditions, 4 Beamsplitter and 2 Electromancer, and they all require a lot of other things to line up to be good. If you don't draw any of these, your hand is essentially dead.
3) Gravitic Punch doesn't combo with Beamsplitter Mage because it also targets a player, so I'm not sure this is a great card in this deck. Something like Cosmotronic Wave might work better at getting a bunch of buffed attackers through.
4) The deck lacks resilience in the long game. After turn 5, I was out of cards and had no way to refill my hand. Maybe consider some kind of advantage engine--Firemind's Research or Experimental Frenzy to give you a way to keep going when your hand is empty.
I think that you might want to consider A) diversifying your threats, and B) decentralizing your gameplan.
Maybe run some Runaway Steam-Kin or Wee Dragonauts or something as well--they take buffs well and can win games even if you don't draw your Beamsplitter. Plus if you ever get Beamsplitter + Quasiduplicate to happen, you can have some good copying targets. I mean, I'm all for making a bunch of Beamsplitters, but at some point you do want something you can kill people with. (Also, be advised that the Beamsplitter ability triggers on cast; if you had 3 Beamsplitters, for instance, and cast a Sure Strike, you would be able to buff 2, but not keep copying it to all of them, because the copies are not technically "cast." Therefore, having multiple Beamsplitters is not necessarily advantageous.)
Maybe run some more removal spells? A set of Lightning Strike seems like a good addition, to help you get rid of blockers. Maybe a few Fight with Fire in case you find yourself facing a Lyra Dawnbringer.
Just a couple suggestions. The Beamsplitter combo is sweet! I'd love to playtest it again after some updates.
No data for this card yet.