|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Scry 2.
Artisan's Sorrow Discussion
1 year ago
Im not really sure what to suggest for this deck.
Phytoburst is a fun one to play. I've enjoyed using it both in standard and now modern. I think Artisan's Sorrow is a bit better than Appetite for the Unnatural. It comes down to if you prefer scry or life gain really.
1 year ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
1 year ago
The scry lands may also be useful, Example- Temple of Plenty
2 years ago
Hello, welcome to EDH!
Firstly, 27 lands is not enough, especially in a three color deck. I would aim for 35-37 in this deck since you have 6 mana rocks.
If you are up for ordering cards, Command Tower should go in any commander deck with more than one color.
You are going to want Swiftfoot Boots to protect your commander and give it haste.
There are 2 different ways you can go about building the deck.
Either way is valid and enjoyable, it just depends on who you play with and how you like to play.
For either one though, you need more big creatures for Mimeoplasm's second targer for counters. Some good cheap options are Krosan Cloudscraper and Ghoultree. Inkwell Leviathan and Gaea's Revenge can be used as targets for the first or second ability.
Terastodon can be used as removal and then as counters later in the Mime.
Firstly, Gifts Ungiven is banned in commander. If you are playing casually it shouldn't be too big a deal, but I thought I'd let you know.
Metallic Rebuke is not very good here because the only non-creature artifacts you have produce mana, so you can't really use the improvise that often.
I don't know if you are going for a recursion theme, but generally in this deck you want your creatures to stay in the graveyard, so Wander in Death, Fortuitous Find, and March of the Drowned don't seem very good in this deck. A little bit of recursion is good in any deck, but this is too much.
Emzed on Sapling EDH
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
- 1x Berserk
- 1x Harmonize
- 1x Krosan Grip
- 1x Ground Seal
- 1x Kaysa
- 1x Mimic Vat
- 1x Vesuva
No data for this card yet.