Look at the top seven cards of your library. Put two of them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ancestral Memories Discussion
2 months ago
I really like the thematic deck idea! How apposed are you to using unset cards? While they technically aren't legal in commander, this deck doesn't exactly strike me as trying to play in tournaments. I'm mostly asking for Pippa, Duchess of Dice who seems pretty thematically appropriate. Even if you decide not, Ancestral Memories directly references the book, as does Pearled Unicorn. Others include Zodiac Rabbit (For obvious reasons) Diminish (Shrinking) Into the Story or Once Upon a Time also work well. Grumgully, the Generous could also be a mad-hatter character, still bested by Mad Ratter though. Also, Sorcerous Spyglass
3 months ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
3 years ago
Easiest way to break Oathkeeper, Takeno's Daisho is with Puresteel Paladin and a sac outlet. I'm not sure but I believe it checks subtype of creature while in the graveyard so Ashes of the Fallen would make any creature come back? Might be fun with like a Solemn Simulacrum
Other infinite combos I know of are:
That's all I can think of atm.
4 years ago
Stuff that's too weak:Battlefield Scrounger, Krosan Beast, Renowned Weaver, Necrotic Ooze (if only because people will normally kill it on sight due to it being a combo enabler), Ancestral Memories, Ana Sanctuary, Soothsaying, Cancel (at least get Undermine or something).