Creature — Human Wizard
Kicker (2)(Blue) and/or (1)(Black)
When Ana Battlemage enters the battlefield, if the (2)(Blue) kicker cost was paid, target player discards three cards.
When Ana Battlemage enters the battlefield, if the (1)(Black) kicker cost was paid, tap target untapped creature and that creature deals damage equal to its power to its controller.
Printings View all
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ana Battlemage Discussion
1 year ago
2 years ago
Ana Battlemage sultai PDH commander #2 discovered... lol seems crazy bad, but there are PDH decks for it. maybe ramp, board control and combo wincon? or just for colors, with emergency answer/utility in command zone?
2 years ago
Some suggestions of cards you might consider to run:
- Moment's Peace is a tutor target that might save your butt
- Spore Frog (same) and works great with Disturbed Burial
- Carrion Feeder over Phyrexian Ghoul for another cheap sac outlet
You could swap your commander to Ana Battlemage to showcase your sweet deck on the PDH compendium but I think it would make the deck unfortunately worse
2 years ago
Funkydiscogod Thank you for the suggestions! I might actually give Uncage the Menagerie a shot in place of harmonize, mostly because I could use it to tutor for Overgrown Battlement and another wall, which could be crucial for getting my mana ramp for my wincons.
To be honest, I never even thought to look into Genesis Hydra, Maga, Traitor to Mortals or Ana Battlemage.. Those could definitely make great sub-ins for my other win conditions should I try other options, especially Genesis Hydra since I don't have to cast any rainbow to play.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
3 years ago
3 years ago
To be slightly more precise
- If a card is an X spell, its CMC is going to be what it would be if X was equal to zero in all zones except for the stack. On the stack, its CMC is going to be what it would be if X was equal to whatever the value actually chosen for X was. Appetite for Brains can never take Stroke of Genius, but Disdainful Stroke will counter it (assuming it was cast for X=1 or more). Similarly, Appetite for Brains can never take Entreat the Angels, but Disdainful Stroke will counter it if X is 1 or more (even if you pay the miracle cost for X=1 and only pay for the spell, its CMC is going to be 5).
- If a card is a split card, it has two sets of characteristics (including CMC) in any one but the stack. The CMC of Turn / Burn in my hand is 2 and 3. On the stack, it has the CMC of whatever half you cast, or the sum if you fused, so in the case of Turn / Burn it would be 2 (if you cast Burn) or 3 (if you cast Turn) or 5 (if you cast both).
- These are the exceptions. In every other case, the CMC of the card is going to be whatever the cost printed in the upper right corner of the card indicates, no matter what alternate cost or additional costs you end up paying, and regardless of which zone the card is in. The CMC of Vandalblast is 1, whether you overload it or not. The CMC of Ana Battlemage is 3 no matter how many kicker costs you pay, and so on. Nothing can change this barring the two exceptions from above.
4 years ago
Dryad ArborMox SapphireResearchYou now have 4 turns to kill me, cause you know these 4 cards are going to hurt. Maybe something fun with Cackling Counterpart, Mirror Mockery, Biovisionary or Progenitor Mimic
Elixir of Immortality could create some fun sets.
another good disrupter could be Chancellor of the Annex