|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Abandoned Outpost enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice Abandoned Outpost: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Abandoned Outpost Discussion
1 day ago
This is a cool deck. There's a lot of damage potential. Some things that have caught my attention:
- Why is Great Furnace in your deck? I don't see any synergy with artifacts/affinity. An Evolving Wilds or Abandoned Outpost would be better suited.
- Why do you need snow-covered basic lands? For Skred?
- I think some heavy ramp is needed for this deck to cast your instants and sorceries. Tithe, the rituals, Seething Song, and Battle Hymn would be really good.
- Fanatical Firebrand works really well with Fanatical Devotion. Hey, both have "Fanatical" in their names.
- I think if you can incorporate buyback cards in the deck, then you can get more value out of Blaze Commando. Cards like Anoint, Reaping the Rewards, and Seething Anger might work.
Hoped this helped some.
5 months ago
Actually, there is one extremely convoluted situation where a creature with 0/0 toughness can be sacrificed.
Your opponent casts Word of Command on you. It resolves. As it does so, he chooses Barbed Battlegear in your hand. First, he makes you sacrifice Abandoned Outpost to make a mana (which Word of Command allows him to do). Now the Allosaurus Rider token is a 0/0. Now he makes you sacrifice it to Phyrexian Tower and you cast your battlegear.
Congratulations: you sacrificed a 0/0 token!
1 year ago
They can be used twice, you never have to sacrifice them, and you can just proliferate the charge counters with your commander to use them indefinitely. Seems perfect to me.