March Magic Madness - Artifacts Bracket
Features 998 views
KrazyCaley - 18 March 2013
If you haven't voted on previous brackets, go to the bottom of this article and click the link to do so.
(1) Black Lotus
(16) Howling Mine
(15) Nevinyrral's Disk
(3) Sol Ring
(14) Chaos Orb
That's right, Chaos Orb. I said it.
(13) Memory Jar
(5) Umezawa's Jitte
(12) Voltaic Key
(6) Time Vault
(11) Winter Orb
(7) Mana Vault
(8) Arcbound Ravager
(9) AEther Vial
- Black Lotus. Howling Mine just doesn't compare
- Sol Ring is an amazing card. And Because Chaos Orb is a terrible card.
- Memory Jar
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Winter Orb effectively gives you extra turns by skipping your opponent's turns. Can't play if they can't untap mana.
- AEther Vial wins this matchup by a long shot
March 19, 2013 1:06 a.m.
1 - Black Lotus
2 - Moxen
3 - Sol Ring, as silly as Chaos Orb is
4 - Skullclamp
12 - Voltaic Key
6 - Time Vault
10 - Mindslaver
9 - AEther Vial... this was probably the hardest decision of any of the picks so far!
March 19, 2013 1:06 a.m.
only because I loved the affinity days. as far as usefulness goes, Vial wins
March 19, 2013 1:07 a.m.
4) Memory Jar (really, this is only 13?)
6) Winter Orb
7) Mana Vault
March 19, 2013 1:29 a.m.
- Black Lotus - so ridiculously op
- Nevinyrral's Disk because blowing stuff up is cool
- Sol Ring who doesn't love extra mana
- Skullclamp did you see how wordy that other card is?
- Voltaic Key did you see how wordy and hard to read that other card is?
- Winter Orb did you see how wordy and small the print is on the other card.. makes it hard to read.
- Mindslaver controlling opponents turn op... plus did you see how wordy and small the print is on that other card, and how crammed all that text looks in the small space ... makes it hard to read
- AEther Vial go go free creatures.
March 19, 2013 1:49 a.m.
1) Black Lotus
3) Sol Ring
6) Winter Orb
7) Mana Vault
8) AEther Vial
I would have preferred to see the swords in these seeds instead of ravager he is OP as a creature and I think he should've been in the creature debate more then this one. If we decide to have artifact creatures then that should go into a hybrid type debate.
March 19, 2013 1:56 a.m.
1) hmm this is a hard one. I think Black Lotus wins (not a hard one)
2) moxen. Also power 9...
3) Sol Ring is actually super OP
4) Skullclamp is also pretty sweet
5) jitte wins no competition
6) Winter Orb is more fun
8) AEther Vial
March 19, 2013 2:05 a.m.
March 19, 2013 2:43 a.m.
- Black Lotus - no contest. none at all.
- Moxen - also no contest.
- Chaos Orb - FOR SHEER CHAOOSSSSSS
- Skullclamp - one of the pinnacles of brokenness
- Umezawa's Jitte - sheer power > combo enabler, although this is a really close fight
- Time Vault - wins games
- Mindslaver - really close fight again, this is personal preference. Mana Vault is still awesome.
- AEther Vial - another really really tough fight, but the versatility of Aether Vial wins
March 19, 2013 5:39 a.m.
Where is Sensei's Divining Top?
March 19, 2013 6:40 a.m.
March 19, 2013 7:30 a.m.
March 19, 2013 7:33 a.m.
And I'm in complete agreement with the suggestions by Human_Rogue_21.
March 19, 2013 8:58 a.m.
Needs more Top.
- Black Lotus wins for straight power reasons
- The Moxes win for straight power reasons
- Sol Ring wins not just for being a good card but for experiencing such a strong resurgence with the popularity of EDH / Commander
- Skullclamp wins because somehow it still draws more cards than the Jar
- Umezawa's Jitte wins because it goes in pretty much any deck with creatures
- Winter Orb wins because the Vault was so bad for so many years and now it's just a stupid gimmick in a combo deck
- Mindslaver wins because after being stuck in design / development Hell ever since Tempest it finally saw print and eventually even became its own deck
- AEther Vial wins because a card that made people quit the game in droves can't possibly be the best Magic card
March 19, 2013 9:47 a.m.
March 19, 2013 9:58 a.m.
March 19, 2013 10:36 a.m.
- Black Lotus - Arguably THE best artifact printed ever.
- Mox Jet and family - Sits right below the Black Lotus. Turn 1 usable ramp is pretty dumb.
- Sol Ring - This isn't even a contest. Manual dexterity cards are easily defeated and banned in every format except super casual.
- Memory Jar - The first real challenge. Skullclamp is very good, but the ability for any deck to instantly have a hand of 7 cards is very good. Don't forget the combo with Megrim and Underworld Dreams.
- Umezawa's Jitte - Voltaic Key is used in so many well known combos... but the Jitte (G-tay is how that's pronounced by the way, it's not "geet") is obnoxiously powerful and versatile.
- Winter Orb - Time Vault combos are trite and overused. Winter Orb and elves go together very well. This was one of the first cards I ever abused so it has a special place in my heart.
- Mindslaver - Paying the cost of 1 for 3 colorless (IE, almost Sol Ring) is pretty good. Mindslaver is the only card in the game that does what it does outside of every mana pie.
- AEther Vial - While Ravager was (and is) a staple of affinity, the ther Vial's applications are far more sinister. Free creatures, with flash, for 1... can't be beat.
March 19, 2013 10:39 a.m.
I hate almost every card on this list. I hate them with fire.
(1) Howling Mine is a silly card.
(2) Nevinyrral's Disk is more useful in Commander, and that's a format I actually care about.
(3) Chaos Orb is just too silly.
(4) Skullclamp, I guess?
(5) Umezawa's Jitte is a card I've just always liked. It's the artifact Sword of Blank and Blank!
(6) Both are stupid and I hate them.
(7) Mindslaver is a card I dispise, but it gets points for being hilarious.
(8) AEther Vial isn't Ravager.
March 19, 2013 1:07 p.m.
March 19, 2013 1:31 p.m.
Winter Orb (i hate both witha burning passion)
screw it, AEther Vial, both are so good.
March 19, 2013 1:48 p.m.
- Black Lotus. Ever since I first learned to play magic, this card was everyone's most coveted card ever.
- Sol Ring is almost as overpowered to me as the Moxen.
- Skullclamp. I hate this card because of how many times I got left in the dust by this draw engine.
- Umezawa's Jitte. Close matchup - both are versatile - but the Jitte is a bit more powerful.
- Winter Orb
- AEther Vial. I agree with jkarnes here; very sinister applications.
March 19, 2013 2:15 p.m.
- Lotus - I don't think there's any way I can vote for any other artifact, in good conscience. This guy is not only good, he's a legendary part of the game.
- Moxen - Very tough choice)
- Sol Ring
- Jitte - Key is an important part of a lot of combos, but it's out of its league here, I think.
- Winter Orb - I was about to vote for the Vault, but then a SUPER ANGRY POLAR BEAR THREATENED ME.
- Mindslaver's badass, yo. Also has a pretty interesting design and development story.
- Aether Vial - man, eff Ravager.
March 19, 2013 6:39 p.m.
- Black Lotus. This thing is Magic: The Gathering.
- Moxen. Other little bits of Magic.
- Sol Ring. My favorite mana rock that's still legal in commander.
- Skullclamp got banned really fast.
- Umezawa's Jitte SHOULD have been banned.
- Winter Orb because polar bears.
- Mana Vault is an almost fair Sol Ring.
- AEther Vial is seriously good.
March 19, 2013 7:47 p.m.
March 19, 2013 8:41 p.m.
March 21, 2013 7:49 p.m.
March 22, 2013 1:21 p.m.
Black lotus, moxen, sol ring, skullclamp, jitte, winter orb, mindslaver, vial